Update 67.2 Release Notes

Frantik

WAIT A MINUTE! I didn't notice in the release notes that the Ship Navigator options had been nerfed er reduced?! Only one page now. Is this WAI or did somebody tinker with it and botch it?

Rudebaeger

Whenever I speak with the dragon, the dragon always says:

"I'm sorry! The celebration is temporarily on hold until I hear back from my allies"

What does this mean ?

Lazuli

Sigh. SSG, you don't know how to sell yourselves, not really. This time you have introduced two good things - improvements to the lfm panel and the gatekeeper portal - and you have not added them to the notes. Even with the bugs, they are good things because those bugs will be fixed soon and they are additions that we will be able to enjoy for a long time.

Sell yourself a little better, in addition to not bothering your consumers with overnerfs and changes for the worse (eg tumble).

Well done these two additions.

Last edited:

woq

Haven't been able to figure out anything about the FPS dips by chatting with people so far. Some folks are seeing the same hits I am, some aren't. Doesn't seem to be a reversion of the zoning FPS hit as it's not degrading worse over time. But does seem to spike up or down in weird ways for folks.
I have them too, can't find out a cause. At first I thought it was saltmarsh since its new to me but...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I think the FPS drops might be UI related to the focus orb having more and more images get stuck in it. Because eventually my focus orb turned solid grey from so many overlapping animated images in there and my FPS got very very low.

I have all the expansions, so in a way I have supported SSG (and before, Turbine) for a long time. Giving away an expansion is a nice gesture from SSG; but for players like me, the ones that have spent money on the game for years, to get a one hour +10% named loot boost instead (compared to a permanent content add) is yet another kick in the teeth. I feel sort of insulted here. SSG really don't go out of their way to recognise loyalty.

And while I am on a rant, here goes... the new Tumble mechanic. I'd like to know how SSG think that this adds anything to the game whatsoever. In my eyes, they waste ressources introducing something useless while they need to spend more ressources on fixing the bugs. I know they do work on fixing bugs, but I think this should be their priority. A new game feature should be designed to add something useful to the game or target new players; the new Tumble mechanic does none of that. Rant over!
As a newer player with only the expansion trove expacs, I'm pretty happy with the free expac choice, but yeah I sympathize with the people only getting a measly potion out of it, I'd be pretty upset as well, big F for you oldies. Hope they listen and give you something else on top.

Cordovan

Community Manager
There were some changes that ended up in Update 67.2 that weren't listed in the list of changes used to make the release notes, and these changes have now been added. We've also updated the known issues.

Added:
  • Quest selection UI within LFM creation now displays and allows for sorting by Heroic and Epic level and if the quest is a Raid or not.
  • Hovering over a quest entry in the LFM creation window and Adventure Compendium now displays both the Heroic/Epic/Legendary level and the location where the quest can be found.
  • The Gatekeepers' Grove now has a Stormreach teleporter and an airship entrance, and can now be reached via the Stormreach teleporter system and the airship captain.
  • Quest entrances and NPC names in the Gatekeepers' Grove have been reworked to make it clearer what areas/quests they take you to.
Known Issues:
  • Xatheral has been temporarily disabled while we investigate a bug with Year of the Dragon gift delivery.
  • Focus Orbs are sometimes displaying incorrect and duplicated imagery.
  • The Guild Airship Farshifter's user interface is not properly displaying "Send me someplace else." This can be temporarily corrected by hovering selection over a different choice and then using the down arrow key to navigate past the lowest displayed option, then hitting Enter to select the hidden option.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
There were some changes that ended up in Update 67.2 that weren't listed in the list of changes used to make the release notes, and these changes have now been added. We've also updated the known issues.

Added:
  • Quest selection UI within LFM creation now displays and allows for sorting by Heroic and Epic level and if the quest is a Raid or not.
  • Hovering over a quest entry in the LFM creation window and Adventure Compendium now displays both the Heroic/Epic/Legendary level and the location where the quest can be found.
  • The Gatekeepers' Grove now has a Stormreach teleporter and an airship entrance, and can now be reached via the Stormreach teleporter system and the airship captain.
  • Quest entrances and NPC names in the Gatekeepers' Grove have been reworked to make it clearer what areas/quests they take you to.
Known Issues:
  • Xatheral has been temporarily disabled while we investigate a bug with Year of the Dragon gift delivery.
  • Focus Orbs are sometimes displaying incorrect and duplicated imagery.
  • The Guild Airship Farshifter's user interface is not properly displaying "Send me someplace else." This can be temporarily corrected by hovering selection over a different choice and then using the down arrow key to navigate past the lowest displayed option, then hitting Enter to select the hidden option.
I see no mention of clearwater diamond. Stealth nerf nice

Toprak

Added:

That's some cool QoL in there, +1

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This^ is bugging me so very much more than the YotD gift being delayed. I hope this is fixed ASAP.
That^ and whatever framerate/mouse look feeling janky bug is going on is what I'm hating. Visual bugs/choppy low FPS makes it hard for me to play too long of a session before it grates too much on me.

Ahpuch

That^ and whatever framerate/mouse look feeling janky bug is going on is what I'm hating. Visual bugs/choppy low FPS makes it hard for me to play too long of a session before it grates too much on me.
If its killing your framerate then it must have been this issue that caused it:
  • Fixed a framerate issue with switching between multiple combat targets
We just assumed that "fixed" meant it was increased. But they must have thought it was too high and needed lowering :)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
A cool thing in this update that wasn't in the patch notes (at least I assume it was in this update since I finally noticed it working when checking today) is that embolden is working on a bunch of SLA DC's that it wasn't working on before. There's still some issues where you can't manually toggle it on/off under the SLA itself, but globally turning it on applies the extra +2 DCs to a bunch of abilities that previous weren't working. So if you have embolden, I'd recommend toggling it on globally.

Edit: Maybe Cord should check with the devs (I think this Tonquin's work) and get it added to the patch notes too. It's a good thing.

Last edited: