Airship Captain's Farshifter options are still working (work-around)

PURPLETIMB

Whomever added the additional transport options to the airship Captain forgot to resize the dialog box. So the option "I want the Farshifter to send me somewhere" is still present, but you can't see it below the bottom of the dialog box.

To interact with it you can use your keyboard arrow keys to move the cursor down one step below the Sharn option and the press the enter key to select. Then the correct Farshifter dialog box will pop up.

Dude

Whomever added the additional transport options to the airship Captain forgot to resize the dialog box. So the option "I want the Farshifter to send me somewhere" is still present, but you can't see it below the bottom of the dialog box.

To interact with it you can use your keyboard arrow keys to move the cursor down one step below the Sharn option and the press the enter key to select. Then the correct Farshifter dialog box will pop up.
Yep. Can confirm. That's a really weird mistake.

PURPLETIMB

The teleporters have the same problem, but the only option that has scrolled off the bottom of the dialog box and hence is not visible is the option to "step away from the teleporter."

Zarkarion

Workaround does not work for me - presumably because my cursor keys are remapped for movement. (Left-handed)

Cordovan

Community Manager
We will be reverting the addition of travel to Gatekeeper's Grove to the Farshifter in the next update. The intention is to update the UI element so that it (finally) allows for a scroll bar, at which point we can bring back the Gatekeeper's Grove option.

Jummby

We will be reverting the addition of travel to Gatekeeper's Grove to the Farshifter in the next update. The intention is to update the UI element so that it (finally) allows for a scroll bar, at which point we can bring back the Gatekeeper's Grove option.
So is the option to go to places like the slayer areas gone forever on the ships?

AMess

I'm no gaming developer, but seems to me like you could put the Gatekeeper's Grove option at the bottom, allowing Farshiter to appear...in this way the Gatekeepers portal is an option for some that know the work around & for those that don't it works like before. Plus, when scroll bar functionality is complete, bam, it simply works for all.

Cordovan

Community Manager
So is the option to go to places like the slayer areas gone forever on the ships?
You can currently access it by using the keyboard shortcuts. The option is there just being hidden by the user interface. If a selection is highlighted use the down arrow key to get to it then Enter to commit.

h46av8r

You can currently access it by using the keyboard shortcuts. The option is there just being hidden by the user interface. If a selection is highlighted use the down arrow key to get to it then Enter to commit.
But don't down arrow all the way because the last option is "I'll think I'll stay on the ship a little longer" and thus closes the dialogue box. You want to mouse down just past the last option you can still see them hit enter.

Ahpuch

Adding scrollbars is not a great fix. Are those windows really that big that they cannot be stretched a little larger? It seems to have room to grow even at 800x600. The top text can also be removed or trimmed because no one ever reads it more than once. A scrollbar is extra interaction by the player to get to what they want (which is probably FarShifter half the time).

The scroll bar addition might also be necessary on the house teleporter system unless you are OK with "step away" going away (which would be OK because the character can do this action by... stepping away!). Alternatively you could also just remove the location that the player is at for each teleporter (ie at house D you don't get the option to teleport to house D).

Jummby

Adding scrollbars is not a great fix. Are those windows really that big that they cannot be stretched a little larger? It seems to have room to grow even at 800x600. The top text can also be removed or trimmed because no one ever reads it more than once. A scrollbar is extra interaction by the player to get to what they want (which is probably FarShifter half the time).

The scroll bar addition might also be necessary on the house teleporter system unless you are OK with "step away" going away (which would be OK because the character can do this action by... stepping away!). Alternatively you could also just remove the location that the player is at for each teleporter (ie at house D you don't get the option to teleport to house D).
I got it to work, thank you.

Glad there is a way to get it to work, but stuff like this is just silly.

droid327

While its an extra loading screen, GKG will still be quickly available from the Airship by going to North Marketplace -> GKG via Teleporter, or vice versa, in the meantime, at least

Jummby

While its an extra loading screen, GKG will still be quickly available from the Airship by going to North Marketplace -> GKG via Teleporter, or vice versa, in the meantime, at least
Loading screens = potentially stuck in a loading screen. More loadi screens = bad.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
My down arrow key is not bound and that trick does not work with me at least.

saekee

long live ROGUE
hey in the short term can you dump Meridia then and leave Gatekeepers?

PURPLETIMB

If your down arrow key is not bound to something else and you still have problems using this shortcut it may be that you have to move the mouse cursor over the dialog box (without clicking) to get the selector to appear in the box. Once it appears in the box you can move it up and down with the arrow keys.