List of Quests where DDoor is Useful

Dragavon

What is that quest with kobolds where you have to fight a green/black mama dragon at the end as an optional?

DD will let you get out on time.
Mired in Kobolds, but if you do not want to fight mama dragon you have plenty time to loot and recall.

Ptalon

The real problem in that fight for me is vision. Low light, primary mobs are dark-colored. It's just easier to DDoor away and skip the fight.
That's pretty much the point of the fight.
Strahd is testing/trying to kill you.
Strahd, a 500 year old Vampire, Lord of a Ravenloft Domain; who has been watching you with his spies since (before?) you arrived.
a Wizard himself.

Who is apparently too stupid to stop you from DDooring and trapping his assassins in the room where they can't chase after you.

The Narc

Ddoor is only a true advantage when you are pushing higher skulls of reaper, where the avoidance of certain mobs is beneficial in a bugger way than just being a time saver.

For example when running elite or reaper 1 in hardcore or permadeath a good player will have no problem killing the mobs without a ddoor it just takes time. It doesnt matter if it is momma dragon in mired or the living pool in TOEE.

The only two places i can remember where the advantage is truly great, involves certain other circumstances to be met in order for the advantage to be great.

But then we could start a new thread about where are the best places to use Divine Intervention.

Bjond

"Reach for the Sky" basement Ddoor may have been disabled. I just ran that and my door instantly vanished after taking the orb -- MUCH earlier than is usual. It really wasn't all that big a deal, but it sure was a big surprise. I'll be running it again (and again .. and .. ) and so will find out for certain if it's that or just an anomaly for that particular one run.

I'd suggest if running it at high reaper with a group to wait for the orb grabber before all heading up just in case.

"Oath of Vengeance" door out of early levers isn't the only speed up. The best one is skipping the entire graveyard if you run in, flip the last lever, grab the skull / launch the beam, then door out. The undead all spawn too slowly to agro on the run in, so you'll leave a full unagro GY behind.

Be SURE you let your party know beam is coming early, especially on HC. That way you won't feel guilty when someone dies from it.

droid327

"Oath of Vengeance" door out of early levers isn't the only speed up. The best one is skipping the entire graveyard if you run in, flip the last lever, grab the skull / launch the beam, then door out. The undead all spawn too slowly to agro on the run in, so you'll leave a full unagro GY behind.

Be SURE you let your party know beam is coming early, especially on HC. That way you won't feel guilty when someone dies from it.

If you hug the wall on your way out you won't aggro them unless you get a reaper right on the front edge

You can just ditch them and run to the portal to the end anyway

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Reach for the Sky" basement Ddoor may have been disabled. I just ran that and my door instantly vanished after taking the orb -- MUCH earlier than is usual. It really wasn't all that big a deal, but it sure was a big surprise. I'll be running it again (and again .. and .. ) and so will find out for certain if it's that or just an anomaly for that particular one run.
Note that DDoor goes away much quicker if the caster of the DDoor uses the DDoor. So if you're in a group, you cast the DDoor, they all take it and you wait and grab the org, you're good! But if someone else in the group casts the DDoor, they all take it, then the door can time out right about the time the game gives you the orb and the teleport lock comes up.

Bjond

Note that DDoor goes away much quicker if the caster of the DDoor uses the DDoor.
It was cast by the character that used the orb -- first time I've missed it in about forever. It vanished at the same time I clicked the orb (as if grabbing was rescripted to clear existing doors).

It was only my most recent run, though. I'll have to run it again to see if it was just an anomalous oddity or not.

Dude

Well consider this the canary in the coal mine

If any of these quests do suddenly get Anchored...then the devs are basically admitting that we should all go Fight Club and treat them as a hostile element, not partners in the game. And that'd basically be them all giving themselves a pink slip lol
What is this "Fight Club" you speak of? /s

Last edited:

GrizzlyOso

It was cast by the character that used the orb -- first time I've missed it in about forever. It vanished at the same time I clicked the orb (as if grabbing was rescripted to clear existing doors).

It was only my most recent run, though. I'll have to run it again to see if it was just an anomalous oddity or not.
Another good example of a quest that is way too ddoored, the run out of there doesn’t take long at all .

Or of course just split up and don’t run out at all.

The Narc

What is this "Fight Club" you speak of?
Lol devs have fight club too, they dont publicly publish drop rates of certain named drops. Why do you think that is?
They dont post exact effects anywhere of exactly what each skull of reaper does to everything on the character sheet. Why do you think that is?

We do the work to figure these things out, it seems only reasonable to let them figure out what all the abilities they provide in game do when they are combined in certain ways, in fairness let them do the work.

Dude

Lol devs have fight club too, they dont publicly publish drop rates of certain named drops. Why do you think that is?
They dont post exact effects anywhere of exactly what each skull of reaper does to everything on the character sheet. Why do you think that is?

We do the work to figure these things out, it seems only reasonable to let them figure out what all the abilities they provide in game do when they are combined in certain ways, in fairness let them do the work.
That is way too serious of an answer. I will add the /s for clarity. :sneaky:

Pano

What's an 'intended encounter' though? Are there any encounters that are ever unintended?

When a bunch of Dooms decides that you already had plenty of time buffing behind the closed door and just quantum-tunnel through to hit your ass, while you are holding a scroll of restoration....

Hope this is not intended and just an advanced Doom AI finding glitches in matrix

Tistus

Well consider this the canary in the coal mine

If any of these quests do suddenly get Anchored...then the devs are basically admitting that we should all go Fight Club and treat them as a hostile element, not partners in the game. And that'd basically be them all giving themselves a pink slip lol
Somebody sees. :)

Airmaiden

ANY and ALL Quests with Reaper......just get their attention and step though a D-Door.......and POOF! no more reapers! (at least the ones that were aggro'd on you)

Been like that for over a year now!