Population in recent months

Does your server seem quiet recently?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ungermax

Master Artificer
For me it seems the usual between-updates-slowdown, more or less. People are less interested in logging in since they mostly have what they want and are waiting for the new expansion so they can grind once again.

But the lag has been atrocious, for sure.
May i ask what server youre on?

DDO Gaming

Howdy

It seems to me that in recent months there seems to be less active players. I'm on Thelanis, for quite a while I've kept tabs on how many people are online at a given time. When I am active on this game I log on most days, and almost every day that I'm on I have a look. It doesn't take long to get an estimate - Go to Who, make it display ten names, how many clicks on the sidebar til you are at the bottom (I know about ddoaudit but prefer to check the actual social panel itself).

Since last Hardcore pretty much. I have asked guildies and even though we have plenty of guildies on most the time the lfm is QUIET. Typically Thelanis would have between 250-400 people on when I checked, plus Anonymous of course. But in recent months it's rarely over 300.

So I wonder if people would vote here please, if you vote feel free to state which server you on and any thoughts etc.
there is an established pattern // https://www.ddoaudit.com/servers/thelanis //

Onyxia2016

I can not speak to how active the servers are at any given time as I stopped playing in March.
DDO Audit will have the information you are looking for and goes back to March of 2020 so you have historical data to reference.
You can look at their About page to get an idea how it is down as well as their GitHub if you want to take a look at the code.

There is the summer time decrease in activity but it seems the number of players the come back after the break are getting fewer and fewer as shown in the trends section.

Tip: On the DDO Audit site you can click on the legend names to remove them from the chart. EX: for the server population trend click on each of the servers but the the one you are interested in so you are left with just the data for that server.

DDO Gaming

There is the summer time decrease in activity but it seems the number of players the come back after the break are getting fewer and fewer as shown in the trends section.
Thelanis definitely seems to have suffered a population collapse over the years which makes no sense seeing as its just one server of several

Sylvado

Better to use the Hardcore trend chart which shows the total live server users. Individual server population changed with the free transfer. @024 is very slightly lower than 2021 and 2022. For some reason 2023 had a spring boost.

JustHavingFunBro

Using the audit site posted, you can see there is a large decline from April 2023 to April 2024 for Thelanis and Argo. I didn't bother to look at others. It looks like at least a 20% loss from YoY which seems huge.

Lazuli

Khyber has had a marked decrease in activity. It is not dying, but the decline is very noticeable.

It's not new, but it's been worse since the transfers to Orien and Sarlona.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Khyber has had a marked decrease in activity. It is not dying, but the decline is very noticeable.

It's not new, but it's been worse since the transfers to Orien and Sarlona.
Mostly my fault. I haven't been around as much as work is keeping me busy. These things go in waves, but I'll be back to more regular posting soon. :)

Bjond

IMHO, population changes have more to do with things in RL than with things in or about the game. This is because when you're out of a game, you're OUT. You won't hear about changes. It might as well not exist. The only time game-changes might matter is when someone decides to maybe come back and checks the game before doing so in order to decide.

The impetus to check in the first place would be something not from the game, though.

What can DDO to draw people back? Nothing. But it can make coming back easier. If you know you can come back to a character that still works, it's a BIG plus compared to coming back to something you're sure will need to be redone. Hmm. DDO could give a character a free LR+20 heart (BTC) if it's not been touched in a year. THAT might help.