What the heck is on my screen

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
So been away quite a while and I can't help but notice this ugly silver bar with 2 green pips on it in the middle of my screen. I mean it looks like something a color blind handicapped trek fan mocked up in his basement for his cosplay. It's just incredibly distracting.

What is it there for?
What does it mean?
Why doesn't it match the rest of the UI?

Thanks
You're so late to the party

Reactions: dur

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
The patch introducing experimental tumble did two things: removed the end delay on tumble, and added experimental tumble. The first thing is what made tumble way faster than running, the second is what makes it easy to do. If they revert both changes, tumble becomes useless again and nobody uses it again. If they revert just the second, they don't solve the speed issue. If the revert just the first thing, then the end delay makes experimental tumble painful to use, and probably worse than current implementation (because you can't double-tumble out of aoes, etc.).
That doesn't match my recollection, experimental tumble controls were put in. Then some time later after complaints about the pause at the end of the tumble animation stopping movement the pause at the end of the animation was removed.

The rest, as they say, is history.

PraetorPlato

That doesn't match my recollection, experimental tumble controls were put in. Then some time later after complaints about the pause at the end of the tumble animation stopping movement the pause at the end of the animation was removed.

The rest, as they say, is history.
Ah, it seems that you're right, u56 and u59 respectively. With that said, the issue is the same.

Lazuli

I hate the new tumble interface. Since it doesn't seem like they are going to go back with the changes in the skill, at least they could make the interface a little more usable!

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

woq

Yeah, the grey bar is not very aesthetically pleasing. Reminds me of some scifi ui features from the 80s and 90s.

I've grown to like the new tumble though, though I wish base charges started at 3.

Bjond

The only thing that suffers greatly from the change is bard-buffing. It runs out of tumble-cancel. I wish bard song was naturally an AE buff. What's gained by making bards do 1x1 buffing of an entire raid?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
So been away quite a while and I can't help but notice this ugly silver bar with 2 green pips on it in the middle of my screen. I mean it looks like something a color blind handicapped trek fan mocked up in his basement for his cosplay. It's just incredibly distracting.

What is it there for?
What does it mean?
Why doesn't it match the rest of the UI?

Thanks
LoL That's the tumble UI showing your tumble charges. You can thank the Sonic the Hedgehog/ Metroid wannabe's for that. They changed tumble but for some reason you still need to go into gameplay optioms and check the experimental tumbling to be able to tumble while moving and to proceed to move past the tumble too but now we got limited charges increased by 1 charge for having dodge and mobilty feats, then +1 charge for every ten ranks of actual points invested into the tumble skill.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
sonic-roll.gif
samus-death-super-metroid-game-over.gif

Archaic

What the hell are "tumble charges".

Like can you only tumble twice per quest now or two times in a row??

Why the hell does something like that even exist?
Everybody else except those who try to flatter the devs said the same thing.
You have a cooldown on the charges.
It has no purpose other than to stop kids and bored Vets from tumbling around because it irritates the karens.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Oh come on dude, as I said and even started my post with "... been away quite a while ..."

It's a change since I was playing, I asked a question about that change I guess my bad for not keeping up on the game udpates over the last couple years.
It's been a hot topic for over a month :D

Genkiba

Must be using a tiny monitor. The only time I notice the bar is after a TR and it hides a hireling/second account's profile. I just move it a little and never notice it again.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Lynnabel's Legacy
Sounds like a new item/weapon name!

Equipping these shoes allows you to zerg with the best of them!
+1 tumble charges
20 percent dodge
+8 reflex saves
Clickie: You regen tumble charges at a very fast rate. Duration 10 mins, once per rest, something something must be blocking idk

Guntango

SSG ruined tumble and left us a gross box with green lights to remind us how few tumbles we're allowed (when we aren't hopping because we're out of tumble charges).