Mystical Bands Do Not Exist in Game

Cordovan

Community Manager
We've been a bit too busy to really look into it, but we'll do so and either confirm the item is appearing, make the item start appearing, or remove the options that require the use of a nonexistent ingredient. Also possible this was an in-development item that ultimately wasn't planned for release but some references snuck in anyway. Will take historical digging to figure some of it out.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
We've been a bit too busy to really look into it, but we'll do so and either confirm the item is appearing, make the item start appearing, or remove the options that require the use of a nonexistent ingredient. Also possible this was an in-development item that ultimately wasn't planned for release but some references snuck in anyway. Will take historical digging to figure some of it out.
Thanks for the reply! It's an "ingredient" for a Crafting effect so please don't kill it..

Br4d

Thanks for the reply Cordo. You always do the unpopular jobs. :)

If it turns out that Armor Destroying was just too good please do not modify the cost side of the craft but instead look at the effect side. Modification of cost will not stop people from putting Armor Destroying on their weapons. Modification of the effect will give people a choice as to whether it is worth it or not.

Reactions: dur

glass_jaws

@Cordovan We would love to see more shards like these added to the game if you are able to give them that feedback as well. It really encourages maxing out your crafting, and gives us a reason to do it.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Does that @ thing work is what I'm wondering now.. y' know, as opposed to just quoting the reply? I really hope they don't take MORE from Cannith Crafters,, there needs to be more reason to get to CL420

glass_jaws

Does that @ thing work is what I'm wondering now.. y' know, as opposed to just quoting the reply? I really hope they don't take MORE from Cannith Crafters,, there needs to be more reason to get to CL420
No clue tbh as no one has ever at-ted me. :)

• Haha

Tscheuss

Not at all suspicious how you chimed in right after my previous comment. Not like you've been watching me, right?
Right? :eek:

Cordovan

Community Manager
Not at all suspicious how you chimed in right after my previous comment. Not like you've been watching me, right?
Right? :eek:

1*z9qolECuZ7VwnaBAnKegWQ.jpeg

Thanks for the reply! It's an "ingredient" for a Crafting effect so please don't kill it..

Thanks for the reply Cordo. You always do the unpopular jobs. :)

If it turns out that Armor Destroying was just too good please do not modify the cost side of the craft but instead look at the effect side. Modification of cost will not stop people from putting Armor Destroying on their weapons. Modification of the effect will give people a choice as to whether it is worth it or not.

That is my gut feeling, is that maybe this shard made it to preview but was determined to be overly powerful and thus pulled before live, but then the UI reference wasn't properly cleaned up. That is just speculation, though, but it does seem like maybe a particularly powerful option.

I don't have most of the answers yet, but we have confirmed that this item is not in fact appearing in-game.

Br4d

That is my gut feeling, is that maybe this shard made it to preview but was determined to be overly powerful and thus pulled before live, but then the UI reference wasn't properly cleaned up. That is just speculation, though, but it does seem like maybe a particularly powerful option.

I don't have most of the answers yet, but we have confirmed that this item is not in fact appearing in-game.

Just make it give Destruction. There's no way to craft that onto a weapon in Cannith Crafting yet. It's expensive enough in components that I doubt it will be a routine craft for people.

glass_jaws

Just make it give Destruction. There's no way to craft that onto a weapon in Cannith Crafting yet. It's expensive enough in components that I doubt it will be a routine craft for people.
Or just leave it as is. It's going to be very rare that people are going to craft weapons as is. End game people tend to wait the raid dice. This would be useful leveling up but DDO has made a point not to care about leveling up gear being overtuned. At least IMO.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
No clue tbh as no one has ever at-ted me. :)
Well, now we know how it works. thanks @ (yeah, yer new-ish name is too long)

Ugh.. did you really just mix DnD and LoTRO? V. disappointed @Cordovan. n rly, please don't kill it. 420 crafter level is rather hard to achieve.

+100

Or just leave it as is. It's going to be very rare that people are going to craft weapons as is. End game people tend to wait the raid dice. This would be useful leveling up but DDO has made a point not to care about leveling up gear being overtuned. At least IMO.
IMO there should not be advertised procs we cannot gain. n Mystic ingredients are O L D