Stormhorns wilderness (rares, possible bug?)

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
It's a well documented bug. The devs are certainly aware, and simply lack the resources to fix it. AFAIK it's literally just Tonquin fixing bugs, and before that we had nobody doing that job for like a year.

More resources need to be pooled into bugfixing, that's what we buy your Patron Coffers for.

Blu

Mmm...
Maybe they'll give it a legendary update with fixed wilderness area and revamped loot....

A man can dream, a man can dream.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Maybe they'll give it a legendary update with fixed wilderness area and revamped loot....

A man can dream, a man can dream.
There's so many things wrong with the shadowFAIL expansion, I don't even know where to begin. The Stormhorns area is not one of them. It's beautiful. The slayers and rares suck but the explorers (journals?) is fine.

cdbd3rd

... The slayers and rares suck but the explorers (journals?) is fine.

We may have to agree-to-disagree, but journal/page/whatever hunts are not "exploring". That's a scavenger hunt.

Explorer spots should be actual places, preferably a landmark of some sort.

That said, I'm certainly not debating that they got the area right aesthetically. It looks very cool out there.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
We may have to agree-to-disagree, but journal/page/whatever hunts are not "exploring". That's a scavenger hunt.

Explorer spots should be actual places, preferably a landmark of some sort.

That said, I'm certainly not debating that they got the area right aesthetically. It looks very cool out there.
Oh no arguement there. At least they are not random like cogs though. I would really like to compare stormhorns to borderlands at some point. I think borderlands is everything that stormhorns wanted to be but (shadow)failed on a smaller scale of course. Stormhorns is what, double the size of borderlands? Tripple?

Generally speaking, I would say random rare locations is terrible design. Random (even if 2-3 different ones) scroll locations is terrible design. Random encounters is fine but rares shouldn't be tied to them (let alone have explorers linked to them as well! Looking at you forest!).

The Narc2

Yeah have to say hate the random journal locations both in ravenloft and the cogs, but lets be honest it is meant to slow players down from hitting fast xp as the devs get very upset when people are going to fast to collect their 150+ past lives.

The Narc2

Pay wall ones make people angry
Signed, its an insulting design!

And designs like that just give people good reason to swear off spending any money in game. Recently they have sone some good things but then they go and ruin it by trying to improve mob ai(yet again, the real reason lag started badly in this game between hardcore 1/2). All these calculations mobs are trying to do to be smarter is just bottle necking everything, i can literally cause pathing issues for the mobs and watch the game go into freeze/shutter animations. It is a shame because besides the character creation variation(which is becoming more and more limited because certain enhancements/feats/destinies/gear become more necessary than the other fluff due to quest mechanics), the live action combat movement was one of its best features(nowadays the devs keep trying to promote character building for builds that stand still). If i wanted to play cookie cutter builds in a turn based non action game, it would bot be ddo.