Snowpeaks Climb vs Slide

Sheikra

I know many people out there are haters of the climb portion of the snowpeaks festival. I personally really enjoy the fun and the challenge. However, the rewards are not proportional (even slightly) to the effort. I can do the climb in about 3 minutes (above average I believe), while I can do the slide in 1 minute. The rewards are very comparable, with MAYBE a slight edge in gold coins for the climb.

I'm posting this in hopes that in future snowpeaks seasons, they can juice the climb up a little bit. Some players take upwards of 10 minutes to run the climb, and it feels bad to run the harder course for the same amount of reward. As much as I love the climb, I'm going to be using 200~ keys, and so doing the slide will save me like 5 hours, while providing virtually the same rewards.

I know this forum is full of the haters. It's OK to hate the climb, but surely everyone can agree that it is more difficult that the slide, and rewards should scale with difficulty.

Thanks!

Upvote 4

Sholekar

Agree. The climb is cool, takes way more skill, and while in my memory, the reward is more, I think it was like 50% more compared to WAAAY more effort and risk, as you said.

ACJ97F

Remember though, hiding up there is the L30 Immortal Sun Flask. It's worth getting one since it's a throwing weapon and not consumed.
Worse case, you can always feed it to your gem, if that still works. (y)

Sheikra

Remember though, hiding up there is the L30 Immortal Sun Flask. It's worth getting one since it's a throwing weapon and not consumed.
Worse case, you can always feed it to your gem, if that still works. (y)
You cannot feed it to gem unfortuantely.
Agree. The climb is cool, takes way more skill, and while in my memory, the reward is more, I think it was like 50% more compared to WAAAY more effort and risk, as you said.
I tested it out, and it is almost the same reward unfortunately :(

Neain

Last year I did ~20 of each and recorded the numbers and my final verdict was that they were about the same as well. it would be nice if the climb gave 2-3x the amount that it does now. It should probably give even more as it takes a good player and a little luck (0 lag) to get it done in 2-3x the time of the slide.

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
I know many people out there are haters of the climb portion of the snowpeaks festival. I personally really enjoy the fun and the challenge. However, the rewards are not proportional (even slightly) to the effort. I can do the climb in about 3 minutes (above average I believe), while I can do the slide in 1 minute. The rewards are very comparable, with MAYBE a slight edge in gold coins for the climb.

I'm posting this in hopes that in future snowpeaks seasons, they can juice the climb up a little bit. Some players take upwards of 10 minutes to run the climb, and it feels bad to run the harder course for the same amount of reward. As much as I love the climb, I'm going to be using 200~ keys, and so doing the slide will save me like 5 hours, while providing virtually the same rewards.

I know this forum is full of the haters. It's OK to hate the climb, but surely everyone can agree that it is more difficult that the slide, and rewards should scale with difficulty.

Thanks!

To me, it looks like the Climb is more for the Extra chest you can get once you get to the top. There are items in that chest you cannot get anywhere else.

Onyxia2016

Everyone should do the climb a few times, not only for the flask but to say they were able to do it.
However if you are going for fast coins the slide is hands down the better choice (coins to minute).
If keys were difficult to come by then the climb would win out based on coins per key usage but they drop so frequently.

I can also see a hell level torture where one is forced to play the climb 100+ times in a row. I think at around the 50th time I would snap my keyboard in half.

Sheikra

Everyone should do the climb a few times, not only for the flask but to say they were able to do it.
However if you are going for fast coins the slide is hands down the better choice (coins to minute).
If keys were difficult to come by then the climb would win out based on coins per key usage but they drop so frequently.

I can also see a hell level torture where one is forced to play the climb 100+ times in a row. I think at around the 50th time I would snap my keyboard in half.
That's the thing, the coins per key is BARELY higher on the climb. I don't mind running it over and over, it only takes a few minutes, but the compensation for the harder challenge is like 5-10% higher coin drops based on RNG.
no. There is an extra chest (Only got there once 2yrs ago) somewhere after you reach the top of the jumps that has named gear. Not sure what it is this year...
Screenshot or it doesn't exist.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I think the problem that I've been running into with this event is not enough silver seems to drop (not proportional to gold drops and copper is excessive). 😕

Mickeymouse

Not many knows this, but on the second turn of the slide, jump off and make a hard right with wings. There is a floating Island with 10 gold coins and chest (same reward as climb)

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
That's the thing, the coins per key is BARELY higher on the climb. I don't mind running it over and over, it only takes a few minutes, but the compensation for the harder challenge is like 5-10% higher coin drops based on RNG.

Screenshot or it doesn't exist.
lol, if I could get up there (I kept lagging once I hit the 2nd set of logs to cross and jump to) I would post it. But I assure you, there is a location to find that has an extra chest :)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
If the mini-lags when jumping didn't make this stupidly frustrating for me, I'd maybe like it more...

Ahpuch

no. There is an extra chest (Only got there once 2yrs ago) somewhere after you reach the top of the jumps that has named gear. Not sure what it is this year...
There is the Immortal Flask. Is that what you are thinking of? As for a chest? I am with Sheikra, SS please.

seph1roth5

Yeah even if the rewards scaled, I wouldn't run it. Rubberbanding is rampant throughout and EXTREMELY bad in the last batch of jumps. I think DDO has problems with more recent vertical areas, such as the room in beautiful nightmares. Which is weird because coal chamber is fine...Maybe if the snow climb was separate doors and not one bigass one?