DDO Bonus Days!

Razordoll

geezus, do you have no one on your player council or whatever already? like you keep asking questions like your 1 question survey "would you recommend DDO to a friend?" - which is obviously no when you treat your players like this. like I fail to understand how you can be reasonably hearing & acting on the wishes of your playerbase & yet be so incredibly tone deaf at the same time.

this game is at least a decade behind in quality of life improvements, especially regarding server transfers, alt management, & server merges.
I can't honestly believe you have actual people that play this game & care about this game & none of them have brought any of this stuff up before. Like ALL of your events are HORRIBLE, take this event for example:

what the heck are we supposed to do with 5%? that's like going into mickey d's & they tell you, you get 1 extra french fry with every order. Like who the heck cares about 1 french fry?

Why don't you actually TRY even just a little bit to actually see your player base as more than walking wallets, cause I can guarantee, no one gives a **** about no ridiculous 5% event, this is insulting & y'all should be embarrassed & ashamed you are putting out such garbage as content & trying to charge people money for it.

Razordoll

🤦‍♂️ Someone should be embarrassed and ashamed. But I doubt they even realize it.
lol I mean you can brown nose all you want, but you can see where that's gotten you, to a game that has horrible player retention & empty servers.

Like I just find it comical that the game is obviously struggling, obviously has issues, & yet no one seems care about actually fixing anything & helping out what is a fun game, actually get some players back; & if you do say something in regards to how horrible things are & the slew of fixes required to make things better, then somehow you're the terrible person.

As for masters gift / voice, that's more nonsense that should've been QOL"d years ago. Putting on a single item over & over every map just to take it off for an extra 5% xp is absurd. That should've been turned into an account passive bonus forever ago, such as the chronoscape move speed buff, etc.

Why white knight for stuff that's obviously terrible & broken & needs improving? Makes you look silly, like you're sitting here trying to make like 5% xp is some favour these folks are doing you lol. This is not an event, this is like a buy 50 get 1 free coupon, technically helpful, but in reality, not so much.

Weaponalpha

lol I mean you can brown nose all you want, but you can see where that's gotten you, to a game that has horrible player retention & empty servers.

Like I just find it comical that the game is obviously struggling, obviously has issues, & yet no one seems care about actually fixing anything & helping out what is a fun game, actually get some players back; & if you do say something in regards to how horrible things are & the slew of fixes required to make things better, then somehow you're the terrible person.

As for masters gift / voice, that's more nonsense that should've been QOL"d years ago. Putting on a single item over & over every map just to take it off for an extra 5% xp is absurd. That should've been turned into an account passive bonus forever ago, such as the chronoscape move speed buff, etc.

Why white knight for stuff that's obviously terrible & broken & needs improving? Makes you look silly, like you're sitting here trying to make like 5% xp is some favour these folks are doing you lol. This is not an event, this is like a buy 50 get 1 free coupon, technically helpful, but in reality, not so much.
Yeah, they look silly...

Falkor

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Master's_Gift ..... no need to call out voice. The augment is great and can go into level 1 equipment. Eyewear is a great choice b/c you can get true seeing and blindness protection, and one or two augment slots. You Only need one for masters gift.

However, a lot of passion here. It's hard for many people here to understand it's because ya care about this game and are trying to get thru some thick skulls. They get caught up in bashing people who have 'emotions', rather than looking at the message.

You aren't saying anything that we don't know and express. Most of us just end up taking extended breaks or just leaving for good. There really is only so much to be said before realizing its an absolute futile waste of time. It's up to SSG to market their game and improve it, and they aren't doing the basics to keep it going, nor have they for a very long time. We are seeing the result of that, and no matter what we say, it isn't a wake up call.

We keep saying there is an iceberg ahead, and get laughed at, mocked, shamed, guilt-tripped, attacked .. blah blah. The responses are predictable. Many of us who advocate, as you have, speak privately because we are tired of being attacked for simply having an opinion.

It's my opinion that the community bears just as much responsibility for this games decline as SSG. But the buck does stop at the top.

The way this game is managed will lead to an inevitable outcome. And that outcome may be sooner or later depending on technology and how the game industry changes. All it really would take is a break-thru in 3D or augmented reality, and this game will become a ghost town.

So we either play and accept how it is, or we play and complain, or we don't play. I'm not sure if there are any other options.

When I've reached your level of frustrations, I have to take a break. The time, energy and frustration here just isn't worth it.

Let me ask you this ... if you knew that today were the last day you were to be alive, would you be playing this game? Or on this forum at all?

The irony is, how many of us assume that tomorrow will show up? And for some, it won't. Play the game if it brings you joy. Why play if it doesn't?

To me, this game is akin to a sand castle or zen sand sculpture ... it's enjoyable for what it is in the moment, but time will eventually remove it.

Last edited:

Razordoll

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Master's_Gift ..... no need to call out voice. The augment is great and can go into level 1 equipment. Eyewear is a great choice b/c you can get true seeing and blindness protection, and one or two augment slots. You Only need one for masters gift.

However, a lot of passion here. It's hard for many people here to understand it's because ya care about this game and are trying to get thru some thick skulls. They get caught up in bashing people who have 'emotions', rather than looking at the message.

You aren't saying anything that we don't know and express. Most of us just end up taking extended breaks or just leaving for good. There really is only so much to be said before realizing its an absolute futile waste of time. It's up to SSG to market their game and improve it, and they aren't doing the basics to keep it going, nor have they for a very long time. We are seeing the result of that, and no matter what we say, it isn't a wake up call.

We keep saying there is an iceberg ahead, and get laughed at, mocked, shamed, guilt-tripped, attacked .. blah blah. The responses are predictable. Many of us who advocate, as you have, speak privately because we are tired of being attacked for simply having an opinion.

It's my opinion that the community bears just as much responsibility for this games decline as SSG. But the buck does stop at the top.

The way this game is managed will lead to an inevitable outcome. And that outcome may be sooner or later depending on technology and how the game industry changes. All it really would take is a break-thru in 3D or augmented reality, and this game will become a ghost town.

So we either play and accept how it is, or we play and complain, or we don't play. I'm not sure if there are any other options.

When I've reached your level of frustrations, I have to take a break. The time, energy and frustration here just isn't worth it.

Let me ask you this ... if you knew that today were the last day you were to be alive, would you be playing this game? Or on this forum at all?

The irony is, how many of us assume that tomorrow will show up? And for some, it won't. Play the game if it brings you joy. Why play if it doesn't?

To me, this game is akin to a sand castle or zen sand sculpture ... it's enjoyable for what it is in the moment, but time will eventually remove it.

I hear you, I really do & I even agree with everything you say. I definitely wouldn't be playing DDO if this was my last day on earth hehe.

I just wonder how many canaries need to die in this coal mine before someone finally wises up?

mikarddo

That is a pretty decent bonus, much better than most. Thank you.

To those complaining. I have a feeling you are missing the fact that a 5% bonus like this is bigger than a regular 20% bonus because the first is multiplicative while the second is additive.

Sure, it is not the top bonus, but it is certainly not the weakest either (double daily dice, double remnants, more guild favor, crafting bonus etc all fall way below in my book. others may have different priorities ofc). If you are at cap this bonus is obviously also better than heroic or epic xp.

Alternative

Yeah, it doesn't look at all, like they lowered the base bonus, so that the rest can be resold as part of your VIP benefits.

Blerkington

That is a pretty decent bonus, much better than most. Thank you.

To those complaining. I have a feeling you are missing the fact that a 5% bonus like this is bigger than a regular 20% bonus because the first is multiplicative while the second is additive.

Sure, it is not the top bonus, but it is certainly not the weakest either (double daily dice, double remnants, more guild favor, crafting bonus etc all fall way below in my book. others may have different priorities ofc). If you are at cap this bonus is obviously also better than heroic or epic xp.
Glad to see you didn't miss yet another opportunity to talk down to the rest of the community. People who don't agree with you are stupid, misinformed or emotionally deficient, you have made this very clear. If you think this is an unreasonable interpretation take a look over your last 100 posts, specifically with an eye to how you characterise those who disagree with you.

5% additional RXP is not a good bonus. The fact that it's better than other bonuses is another problem, not evidence that this is a good bonus simply because it is better than very bad. SSG, please put some more effort into these giveaways so we can actually be glad of them rather than grimacing in disgust and then reading lectures from people who happily argue presenting a dried out dog turd on a stick should be cause for undying gratitude and endless celebration.

It's really simple. Give decent, thoughtful gifts, get a positive, grateful reaction. It costs you nothing to make your players happy like this, but you just don't seem to be able to help yourselves repeating this mistake OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

mikarddo

5% additional RXP is not a good bonus.
Lets compare to +20% heroic xp. If you are running first time, bravery with tome you are getting roughly 420% of the base xp. Thus 20% is actually less than 5% worth because 20/420 < 0.05.

So, if you think 20% heroic xp is a good bonus because 20% sounds like a lot, then you should realise that it is infact less than 5% effectively.

Obviously, if you dont think any of the bonusses offered are good, thats a fair point. But if you think 20% heroic xp or 5% extra heroic xp per member of the group are good bonusses, then it would seem odd to think 5% reaper xp not a good bonus (unless ofcourse you value heroic xp much higher than reaper xp).

Thats the issue with percentages - you need to know what they are applied to.

At any rate. I play DDO when I have the time and desire. I dont play DDO specifically for some bonus. Some of those given offer me nothing, some, like this, offer me something. But I consider the base already good entertainment so I am not dependant on some bonus being "good enough" for me to be happy.

Guntango

Lets compare to +20% heroic xp. If you are running first time, bravery with tome you are getting roughly 420% of the base xp. Thus 20% is actually less than 5% worth because 20/420 < 0.05.

So, if you think 20% heroic xp is a good bonus because 20% sounds like a lot, then you should realise that it is infact less than 5% effectively.

Obviously, if you dont think any of the bonusses offered are good, thats a fair point. But if you think 20% heroic xp or 5% extra heroic xp per member of the group are good bonusses, then it would seem odd to think 5% reaper xp not a good bonus (unless ofcourse you value heroic xp much higher than reaper xp).

Thats the issue with percentages - you need to know what they are applied to.

At any rate. I play DDO when I have the time and desire. I dont play DDO specifically for some bonus. Some of those given offer me nothing, some, like this, offer me something. But I consider the base already good entertainment so I am not dependant on some bonus being "good enough" for me to be happy.
Or, instead of getting 10,000 AVG RXP per R10 quest you're getting 10,500?

mikarddo

Or, instead of getting 10,000 AVG RXP per R10 quest you're getting 10,500?
I am not sure what the question is seeing your statement is obviosly correct.

My point is that a +20% heroic xp bonus (which I believe many players think of as good) is about the same effective value as a 5% rxp bonus (but for a different type of xp). If you think thats good or not is obviously a matter of personal taste. It is not game breaking in any way, but I already think the rewards are good and will happily take a small bonus.

Dom

I am not sure what the question is seeing your statement is obviosly correct.

My point is that a +20% heroic xp bonus (which I believe many players think of as good) is about the same effective value as a 5% rxp bonus (but for a different type of xp). If you think thats good or not is obviously a matter of personal taste. It is not game breaking in any way, but I already think the rewards are good and will happily take a small bonus.
Comparing the two is also a lot different considering the base of heroic and epic xp compared to reaper xp.