Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

VinoeWhines

Not Everybody Jumps around and Bazooka Joe Grenade/ Fireball breaths an entrance to clear a room, nothing wrong with that approach, just not everyone's cup of Tea.

Care for some Tea aye?
15cp1k.jpg

Tasha

Tonquin,

Some last few thoughts. Could we get more support for Quick Cutter down the Fury line? One of the primary reasons that Adrenaline is so powerful and is everyone's go to is that it get's massive support from the Force Selector lines, Boulder's, and ultimately the Unbridled Fury Epic moment.

#1 Furious Force: +1/2/3 Strength while Raging. Increases Adrenaline damage bonus by 25/50/75%.

#2 Overwhelming Force: +1/2/3 bonus to hit. Increases your Adrenaline effect by 25/50/75% additional damage. Rank 3: Melee attacks under the effect of Adrenaline cause knock down on target for 4 seconds.

Quick Cutter get's no improvements throughout the line. Furthermore,

#3 Boulder's Might: Melee Attack: Deals +50% Damage. +0/1/2 Critical Multiplier. Requires you to be fighting in Two Handed Fighting style

Boulder's complements Adren incredibly well, as Adren creates the automatic Crit hit and Boulder's adds the Crit multiplier. Quick Cutter has no stake in this ability and F&F is utterly useless ability that is glitchy.

#4 Unbridled Fury disproportionately advantages Adren and is utterly useless for QC especially now since Quick is applied automatically with usage of QC. Could we swap out the useless "adds quick" to something like a CC like an auto-knockdown when Cutter is applied when it's used during the Epic Moment. BTW, an auto-knockdown already applies to Adrenaline through one of the force selectors, see #2.

Thank you, Tonquin. And I hope I'm not too late.

VinoeWhines

Tier 2 (Requires Character Level 20, 5 points spent in tree)​

Shadowdancer Epic Strike.png Epic Strike: Multiselector:
  • Nightmare Lance.png Nightmare Lance (spell): Epic Strike: Illusion Spell Lightning Bolt deals 1d6+6 Force damage per caster level. Enemies must make a Will save vs (20 + highest ability score + illusion bonuses + fear bonuses) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 8 seconds.
    • Shadow Loss: You no longer cast a shadow. In addition, you have -5 PRR, MRR, and Spell Resistance.
  • U51 Shadowstrike.png Shadowstrike (melee): Epic Strike: Deals +50% Damage. +3 Critical Multiplier. +3 Critical Threat Range. Enemy must make a Fortitude save vs (20 + highest ability score + assassinate) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 8 seconds.
  • U51 Shadowstrike.png Shadowstrike (ranged): Epic Strike: Deals 25% Damage. +2 Critical Multiplier. +2 Critical Threat Range. Enemy must make a Fortitude save vs (20 + highest ability score + assassinate) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 8 seconds.

Tier 3 (Requires Character Level 23, 10 points spent in tree)​

Depths of Darkness.png Depths of Darkness: While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you gain 25% Incorporeality and 25% Concealment. While in Stealth gain Meld into Darkness(10% uncapped dodge) for 5 seconds.

Shadowdancer Epic Strike Upgrade I.png Epic Strike Upgrade: Multiselector:
  • U51 Dark Imbuement.png Dark Imbuement: Your Epic Strike now imbues your weapons with Evil energies for 10s: You deal 1d6/2d6/3d6 per Sneak Attack Dice in Untyped damage on hit (scaling with the higher of Melee or Ranged Power), and on a vorpal strike, your attacks blind enemies with no save. This blind lasts 5 seconds and can only apply to each monster once per 60 seconds.

Tier 4 (Requires Character Level 26, 20 points spent in the tree)​

From the Shadows.png From the Shadows: From a stealthed position, dissolve into shadows, Passing through enemies, and becoming Invisible for 10 seconds before appearing some distance in front of you. This grants you the buffs from your Shadowdancer Epic Strike if you have them trained. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Note: This ability requires the character to have the Stealth feat active ("in stealth") to use it.

Dark Mercy.png Dark Mercy: Your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle now grants you +5/10/15% Helplessness damage. Improved Meld: now grants 15% uncapped Dodge.

Shadowdancer Epic Strike Upgrade II.png Epic Strike Upgrade II: Multiselector:
  • Improved Imbuement.png Improved Imbuement: Dark Imbuement now increases your melee range. Deals +50% Damage.

Tier 5 (Requires Character Level 30, 30 points spent in the tree):​

Weird.png Weird: Multiselector:
  • Consumed by Shadows.png Consumed by Shadows: From Sneak: Active attack. You charge forth and expel an Aura of Shadows, enemies caught in the Cloud of Shadows are permanently blinded for 10 seconds, while in the aura they are subject to be consumed and must make a save vs a Legendary Slay Living effect on successful attack and you steal their vitality and gain 2% of their remaining life-force for 10 seconds. Bosses take a stack of Greater Vulnerability. Duration: 12 seconds. Cooldown: 1 minute. Note: This ability requires the character to have the Stealth feat active ("in stealth") to use it. EDP Cost: 1
  • Weird.png Weird: You gain the SLA Weird spell.
Weird: A targeted foe and all nearby enemies are subject to a Phantasmal Killer effect, with a DC20 + highest of INT/WIS/CHA mod + Illusion spell bonuses to prevent the death.

U51 Greater Shadowform.png Greater Shadowform: From the Shadows now causes enemies you pass by to be stunned for 3 seconds and are vulnerable to sneak attacks. You also gain +10 Force/Universal Spell Power. While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you float as if you had Feather Fall, gain +20 Hide and Move Silently, and no longer trigger pressure plate or bear traps. (Note: As a result of the floating, you are also immune to Trip and Knockdown effects.)

Shadowdancer Spell Focus.png Greater Shadowdancer Focus:
+1/2/3 Spell DCs.
+2/4/6 Assassinate/Tactics DCs.
+1/2/3 Dodge cap.
+10/15/20 PRR/MRR

Shadow Mastery.png Shadow Mastery (Epic Moment): Dissolve into a whorl of shadow, leaving your corporeal form behind. While in this form, you are considered Sneaking and Invisible regardless of what you do. You also gain 3d6 Sneak Attack Dice, 50% Enhanced Incorporeality, as well as the effects your Epic Strike as if they had been fully trained and upgraded. When you pass by non-boss enemies, while in stealth, in this state, they are slain by your aura in their fear, automatically taking a Phantasmal Killer effect with no save. Enemies that spot you and miss you in this state must make a Will save(DC20 + highest of INT/WIS/CHA mod + Illusion spell or Assassinate bonuses to prevent the death. Bosses instead take an Improved Deception effect and are vulnerable to Sneak Attacks for 10 seconds. Duration: 20 seconds. Cooldown: 5 minutes

Last edited:

Mary

Draconic as a destiny choice and dragon breath being nerfed into uselessness is ironic during the year of the dragon.
Seems like to celebrate the year of the dragon it should be the opposite and our dragon destiny should be buffed.

I mean, what is happening? Aren't we supposed to be celebrating D&D 50 years - making dragon-themed things better? I feel like it is a massive L to the players and fans of the game to take the only dragon-themed destiny and gut what makes it the go-to for caster DPS.

Maybe I have a hot take but the irony of it is amazing- are we seriously going to have our dragon destiny nuked during the year of the dragon?

Last edited:

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I am unbiased enough to know I'm biased. In The Year of The Dragon I would kinda think dragon breath may get a slight buff (or tweaks at the least to make it mo'betta in some fashion which they have kinda done...), but less so the nerf. We only have a couple of days to wait to see how good/bad things are...

Lazuli

I am unbiased enough to know I'm biased. In The Year of The Dragon I would kinda think dragon breath may get a slight buff (or tweaks at the least to make it mo'betta in some fashion which they have kinda done...), but less so the nerf. We only have a couple of days to wait to see how good/bad things are...
Not only will they nerf DB, but they won't upgrade the bad options, like the wings (sooo poor for tier 5), the mediocre epic moment, coalescence...

Lazuli

It must be 30% at least to be viable. Cast used mana, it's a finite resource. Bow shot/shuri throw - no.
But it was the devs who nerfed the spell shiradi procs with absolutely unrealistic assumptions about the speed with which we can cast spells. Do you think they are going to admit that they were wrong? They are much more likely to leave shiradi dead and buried for casters.

Reifee - Orien

The general rule of thumb is Make it not matter then ignore it.

Funny how a new archtype comes out and everything tends to get pruned down. Which makes the latest thing even more shiny!

The EA Aura is a pretty bad overall choice, there were ways to Develop it by design. Reducing and Pruning is a much better method then Cutting the head off. Its almost like someone gets upset that there were ways to beat a design other then intended. If this is an issue for R10 raids (which would be shocking considering the -%'s on r10) Then adjust it accordingly.

This might be a difficult thing for people to understand. Management is supposed to be the key cog between designers and The public. They should know what the public( their subscribers) want and need and guide the designers that direction. It seems like the designers are spending a lot of time Fixing things with a chainsaw instead of a nip and tuck.

DB - If it was too overpowered adjust the MCL down in the first pass and see how you feel.
EA Healing Aura - Adjust the healing down.

Its almost like their are limitations that we don't know about and they just simply don't know how to do it with out breaking other things.

Funny, a Revamp of DDO could create a new Renaissance. Think about how good that would be on a resume.

Aelonwy

Trust the Developers. They know more than you think and most importantly are unbiased.
Sarcasm? Did I fail a sarcasm check? If not, I disagree with the cheersquad.

I have no more trust to give, my trust has runneth dry.
I've been sold too many things later nerfed down from the sky.
I've been hit with cow-from-orbit far too many times...
I've no more trust to give to their poorly written lines.

Not sure how to go on with the song the word trust isn't as flexible as the original word.