Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Reifee - Orien

So very dissapointed by the lack of communication.

Talk about smoke & mirrors show.

Hold your breath for the next DDO points purchase, or subscription renewal.

Guntango

Mmm Hmm. It's pretty amusing watching known exploiters quibble when it's pointed out. Kind of like bullies who run to the teacher when somebody stands up to them. Imagine deriving self worth from being competitive in a PvE game? I don't get it.

Watching the HellDivers 2 community explode over PvE and seeing how petty and small people are to one another has helped put things into perspective here. So hey buddy, thanks for chiming in. Your one liners are almost comedic.

This is a bugfix that I found particularly delicious.
  • We have corrected a bug that could allow players to put more than one Curse from the Deck of Many Treasures onto an item. Characters that have more than one Curse on a particular item have had those Curses removed and replaced with Curse of the Overloaded, which must be removed with a Card of Curse Cleansing before any new Curses can be applied.
Case in point.

Dergex

The thing is other Epic Destinies abilities were taken or reduced in power.
If they had given 20 minute timers on Shadow Dancers previous abilities it would of been terrible but The Choice to use them would of still been there.
There is no complete valid reason to have removed soo many abilities in the tree.

Shadow Dancer still has no:
CC ( -Shadow Manipulation)
Stealth Executioner type strike
AOE attack (oh ya, Weird but not)
No Pass through enemies

Why does a Shadow Dancer now have to leave it's Epic Destiny and can't take it to Tier V, just to get SOME of those abilities it already had and is now given in other Epic Destinies that aren't Stealth based or Sneak Attack in play style.

Honestly, I can figure it would be one of a couple things.

1. They've somewhat recently done the overhaul on Shadowdancer to bring it in line with their "modern" take on Epic Destinies, so they don't want to touch it again in a significant way without a really big reason.
  2. Pride, for the lack of a better term. They're happy with the way that everything is set for that epic destiny, and are unwilling to either listen or respond to any major feedback on that destiny. "Am I so out of touch?" "No, surely it must be the kids that are wrong."
  3. Secret plans for an overhaul... This one is a much bigger stretch, but maybe they're keeping track of any and all feedback on Shadowdancer and are planning on a full rework of it once they have a firm idea of what all it needs to fit their updated expectations. Either that, or they're waiting for a much larger Rogue/Skirmisher rework to figure out what they want to do with Shadowdancer next.
Either way.. it's pretty depressing to constantly post feedback and never get any real consideration or response to it. Just a handwave and "Nothing to see here."

The Narc

U66 was/is irrefutably a NET NERF across the board (with possible exception of bow users) relative to pre-U66.

I admit this now. I was wrong.
And it was due and coming, with casuals completing raids on R1, hack moderate players running R4 at cap, hack streamer players building metas and running R6-R8 and the top echelon running R10 without batting an eye.

Lets be honest;

Casuals should struggle at best to run a quest on R1

Hack Moderate players should be facing imminent death in R4 and not be able to have a safety net of stacking/overlapping healing auras on every possible build and an area of effect epic strike that does 4 times damage.

Same for hack streamers using Metas with the same thing above for extra effectiveness.

And as for R10 anything and everything they do to make this neigh impossible should be their goal, zero crowd control and zero stripping and zero helplessness would all be great places to start for R10

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Reifee - Orien

And it was due and coming, with casuals completing raids on R1, hack moderate players running R4 at cap, hack streamer players building metas and running R6-R8 and the top echelon running R10 without batting an eye.

Lets be honest;

Casuals should struggle at best to run a quest on R1

Hack Moderate players should be facing imminent death in R4 and not be able to have a safety net of stacking/overlapping healing auras on every possible build and an area of effect epic strike that does 4 times damage.

Same for hack streamers using Metas with the same thing above for extra effectiveness.

And as for R10 anything and everything they do to make this neigh impossible should be their goal, zero crowd control and zero stripping and zero helplessness would all be great places to start for R10
The changes do not impact the ability to complete the quests in a large way. It just marginalizes certain builds and classes.
Its lame, but its an education on SSG.

The Narc

The changes do not impact the ability to complete the quests in a large way. It just marginalizes certain builds and classes.
Its lame, but its an education on SSG.
Lol there are threads and post that beg to differ on that. I dont need to make a statement about it, the changes may or may not impact quest completion, but they most certainly will impact who an dhow these quests are competed and at what difficulty and with how many deaths and with what duration per quest, and the more hack the player the more all of those factors will come into play.

P.s. my reference to the different groupings in my past post were referring to first life toons in all cases except the R10’s and the top echelon players

Reifee - Orien

Oh the changes are brutally bad and without any consideration or compromise with the community. SSG went ahead and did exactly what they wanted to do with the changes. Its a Jade Palace.

I feel bad to some degree for Tonq, but since they are the only communication panel and either has their hands tied I'm uncertain how much influence the boards really have.

Like I said, actions have consequences. What sucks is that ultimately the community suffers for poor leadership decsions and choices. We are passionate because the game that many of us have spent thousands and thousands of hours playing is getting mismanaged.

The Narc

Oh the changes are brutally bad and without any consideration or compromise with the community. SSG went ahead and did exactly what they wanted to do with the changes. Its a Jade Palace.

I feel bad to some degree for Tonq, but since they are the only communication panel and either has their hands tied I'm uncertain how much influence the boards really have.

Like I said, actions have consequences. What sucks is that ultimately the community suffers for poor leadership decsions and choices. We are passionate because the game that many of us have spent thousands and thousands of hours playing is getting mismanaged.
There is large portion of the community that doesnt want to have easy buttons, such as the overpwered AOE dragon breath and more importantly full group stacking healing auras that invalidate the challenge of 90% of the content in the game if not more.

Invalidating challenge means any useless tool of a player and group of players can finish content with zero or close to zero skill.

This is why these revisions have been made in this update, the best feature in DDO is the live action combat and i for one cant point blame at SSG for protecting that feature.

See @Sheikra another positive post!

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

The Narc

Spell absorbs and Deflect arrows and Dodge mechanics right right
In the last epic destiny overhaul they removed the big dodge button “meld”, bot sure where the big use for deflect arrows comes into play.

But indo have a questions as to where and how spell absorbs can be used effectively as a permanent advantage, i know some places where used correctly slotting and unslotting gear it can make things possible from a permadeath perspective, ie i run invaders in permadeath solo(we are not allowed to use the ddo store beholder trinkets) at level managing a mantle and jewelled cloak at the right times(only have 10 charges at the start of the quest).

DBZ

Dodge the only defense that matters in high skulls and who can maximize it i wonder sure seems ez

r10 spell absorbs are an invincibilty button r10 archers without tank ac only real defense

Last edited:

The Narc

Dodge the only defense that matters in high skulls and who can maximize it i wonder sure seems ez
Its okay if it is limited to a few select builds that creates build variances for different playstyles and creates roles if you are wanting to form groups to push skulls.

The problem with the EA aura was that it was an easy button for all builds to take and synergize together in order to relegate huge chunks of the content into meaningless walk throughs.

@DBZ can you explain what you meant by spell absorptions being an easy button, just curious because there are so many stats that give a percentage value to defenses for builds, ie prr and mrr and ac and dodge other energy type absorptions