SSG Please stop blaming and punishing players for accidently stumbling into your bugs - Curse of the Overloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobgoblin

Grumpy Old man
Better to punish 9 innocents so long as one guilty is caught.
law-police.png

SunTzu

Better to punish 9 innocents so long as one guilty is caught.
If so, no exploiters would be punished.
Innocents? or Pretenders.

Exploits are unofficially supported by devs. Welcome to "Dupe & Exploit Online".

Last edited:

The Narc

There is a punishment debuff. It's called finding the curse cleansing card.

Realistically, this is not the proper way to go around the game. They should've either patched it and let the players who have current items keep them, and/or supply 12 curse cleansing cards to cleanse their gear set.

I only added the supply 12 cards because of the prices that player sell them for on various servers.

I have been playing a variety of other games. It makes me realize how SSG inappropriately handles these circumstances and situations.
Leave it as is and track whom uses how many cards quickly to fix their gear and bingo you know which players are duping or have a sock account duping for them.

The bring out the largest ban hammer available and squish those people into particles of nothingness and publicize their forum names connected to all their toon names on each server for all to see and let the cancellation begin.

These people would be the lowest dredges of life in the MMO world of DDO!!

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
From my last contact with SSG, there will be no further change for the Curses (change, addition or removal) after it's been done.

This means if you're expecting them to do anything further about it, that's unlikely to happen.

J1NG

The Narc

From my last contact with SSG, there will be no further change for the Curses (change, addition or removal) after it's been done.

This means if you're expecting them to do anything further about it, that's unlikely to happen.

J1NG
Perfect now they have the means to catch the dupers, they will be the ones that fix their gearset the quickest, come on SSG track down these folk and nail em to the cross.

owl

I don't really care that much about a few named items that are effectively useless now. None of the 2-3 (don't remember if it was 2 or 3) items even had 1 of the 2 curses that were good, 1 of those had something not totally useless which I even used it as the few others of the same item I had a curse that was redundant or useless. I don't even care about wasting a jewel toolkit or two - not the first time I had spend resources on a change that I had no control over - and won't be the last.

My issue is the fact that SSG is shifting blame to players like myself that didn't exploit anything and never had any intention of applying multiple curses. If I hit this issue 2-3 times out of maybe 400 it obviously can't be that hard to encounter it. I mean all I did was move things to and from my bank in a normal way.

As for people implying that everyone that encountered this is an exploiter, I am not sure what to say, SSG is free to check my inventory and the less than 1% rate of items with multiple curses as proof - and ironically none of them good items or good curses for that matter. I think less of anyone implying all of us experiencing this are exploiters and this includes whoever at SSG wrote that release bulletin and made the decision to put the new curse on my items.

That was the only point of this thread, to let SSG I was offended by blame-shifting. I had no control over this and didn't want multiple curses in the first place. I accept the bugs SSG introduces, mostly without ever complaining, but don't treat me like I am a factory worker trying to steal from the factory.

The Narc

I don't really care that much about a few named items that are effectively useless now. None of the 2-3 (don't remember if it was 2 or 3) items even had 1 of the 2 curses that were good, 1 of those had something not totally useless which I even used it as the few others of the same item I had a curse that was redundant or useless. I don't even care about wasting a jewel toolkit or two - not the first time I had spend resources on a change that I had no control over - and won't be the last.

My issue is the fact that SSG is shifting blame to players like myself that didn't exploit anything and never had any intention of applying multiple curses. If I hit this issue 2-3 times out of maybe 400 it obviously can't be that hard to encounter it. I mean all I did was move things to and from my bank in a normal way.

As for people implying that everyone that encountered this is an exploiter, I am not sure what to say, SSG is free to check my inventory and the less than 1% rate of items with multiple curses as proof - and ironically none of them good items or good curses for that matter. I think less of anyone implying all of us experiencing this are exploiters and this includes whoever at SSG wrote that release bulletin and made the decision to put the new curse on my items.

That was the only point of this thread, to let SSG I was offended by blame-shifting. I had no control over this and didn't want multiple curses in the first place. I accept the bugs SSG introduces, mostly without ever complaining, but don't treat me like I am a factory worker trying to steal from the factory.
You are not an exploiter or duper, sorry for your losses but lets nail the dupers!!

Neilfladech

It's weird that they punished the exploiters when it came to cards but the shifter players just lost a benefit. Way to keep it consistent guys.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

J1NG
I feel really sorry for those innocents caught up in this. It really feels like an injustice has been done to them.

I don't think SSG would have come down as hard but for the crowing about this elsewhere, so the innocent are victims twice over, but that's just my opinion.

paddymaxson

haha, must admit that's an awful fix.

Surely just removing them would be less mean spirited?

It might be possible that they couldn't select "just the newest one" to remove all but that one as which is newest might simply not be in the item data, but wow "now you require a rare resource to fix this and try again" is quite mean.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
This all depends on 2 things to see if it was a fair ruling or not:

#1 The innocent people who bugged their gear because of an TR will have a recourse? (and how rare or common was this?)

#2 How difficult was it to double curse? Meaning did it have to be deliberate?

#3 How well known was it that only ONE curse can applied, did it state that somewhere on the cards or the item itself?

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Okay, so no punishing debuff. That's how I read the curse at first and literally did a facepalm at the screen.
It is punishing if you had the 2nd curse through your shared bank on an item which has mythic and reaper bonuses. In this case you wont just feed your sentient gem with it cause you farmed it for weeks/months and/ or spent 75 reaper fragments on it.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
This all depends on 2 things to see if it was a fair ruling or not:

#1 The innocent people who bugged their gear because of an TR will have a recourse? (and how rare or common was this?)

#2 How difficult was it to double curse? Meaning did it have to be deliberate?

#3 How well known was it that only ONE curse can applied, did it state that somewhere on the cards or the item itself?
In order:

#1: As things stand, no. It's a Card of Curse Cleansing or nothing, and your options for getting one of those are "waste one of the luckiest item pulls in the game" or "spend an extortionate amount of money in the Shard Exchange on a card that itself may well have been duped."

#2: Not very. @Jack Jarvis Esquire managed to do it in between the announcement of the update notes for U66 and U66 actually releasing, and confirmed it was absolutely something you could do accidentally so long as you owned the shared bank (without explicitly describing the method, for obvious reasons) - see also the original post, where @owl apparently still isn't sure exactly how they got multiple curses.

#3: Pretty well known. It's explicitly stated on the Deck itself that you're only meant to have one curse per item, and both the original announcement of the system and the update notes from when the deck came out also identify this. I suppose some people might have applied Decks of Many Curses to their items without reading the text on the item first, but I should imagine most people that have used the system would understand it was meant to be one-and-done.

On my own part, I'm less annoyed with this solution now that I know the items with Curse of the Overloaded won't actually debuff the player when worn, which is what the name of the curse implies. I'd still be happier if there was a way to remove the debuff without an exceedingly rare item that still can't be directly purchased in-game, though. (I don't know, maybe add it as a rare reward for True Elite completion of a Saga? Would that work?)

Still, I suppose we should just be thankful that it wasn't just blanket account bans like you'd get with a typical DDO exploit.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

haha, must admit that's an awful fix.

Surely just removing them would be less mean spirited?

It might be possible that they couldn't select "just the newest one" to remove all but that one as which is newest might simply not be in the item data, but wow "now you require a rare resource to fix this and try again" is quite mean.
Disagree totally.

Basically, SSG is giving you a free cleansing card if you remove the curse completely. Heck no. They are then rewarding your errant behavior.

It was too much mercy they removed the debuff with the overloaded.

Mordenkainen

I think if you were caught with THREE or more double-cursed items on your character's inventory then your items should be cursed/bricked.

Again THREE+ items in active use means you knew what you were doing and taking advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.