Search results

1. PyrotechRick

Forgotten Realms "Pack" Please!

We should try to remember that those of us who are still here are a self selecting cohort of people who either like, or at least don't mind, the Eberron setting. I have known people leave because they didn't while loudly complaining that it wasn't the Forgotten Realms, but they don't post on...
  2. PyrotechRick

It's like swimming. Lots of people like it, but I think fewer would if they where thrown in the deep end of the pool and left to fend for themselves. That's kind of what DDO does with Eberron. There is this very complex game AND this very different/detailed setting. Forgotten Realms is a well...
  3. PyrotechRick

As you say though, all those adventure are already part of the game, if someone preferred to focus their experience on those adventure pack, is it really that awful to make it a bit easier for them to do that? I don't dislike DDO's Eberron content and am happy to play it, but my experience is...
  4. PyrotechRick

I love DDO but one of the issues I have had trying to get others to play (especially those who are familiar with D&D through the Forgotten Realms and games like Baulder's Gate) has been that Ebberon is not what they expect of a D&D game. When Ruins of Myth Drannor is released it should be...
  5. PyrotechRick

Do reaper enhancement trees make playing in reaper easier than it should be?

I guess it is partly a matter of individual preferences. I'd rather see each skull of reaper difficulty offer a very small increase in xp and item drop rate but get rid of the enhancements. But then I would rather we got rid of Casual-Easy-Hard-Elite/Reaper 1-10 and had a difficulty slider that...
  6. PyrotechRick

I do agree that one of the main aspects of most role-playing games is that characters improve by overcoming challenges. They gain experience and eventually levels and acquire new, better, and often magical equipment. That obviously makes those same challenges easier in the future and so they...
  7. PyrotechRick

Alternative to Past lives and Reaper Enhancements

Don't think of it as a "catch up" mechanic as much as a narrowing of the gap between new and veteran players in regard to what content they can do. And the reason I think that is important is that the population is low and there aren't lots of new players that can play with each other until they...
  8. PyrotechRick

This came up in a different thread but so as not to derail it I have posed it here. My understanding is that reaper was supposed to be an greater challenge for experienced players, but I find it hard to understand how giving enhancements, that give progressively greater bonuses when playing in a...
  9. PyrotechRick

Thanks for not derailing the thread. I've created a separate thread incase you want to try and change my mind because I do find it hard to understand how giving enhancements, that give progressively greater bonuses when playing in a particular mode, don't eventually make that mode easier and...
  10. PyrotechRick

Yes that's largely what I was thinking. I don't have an exact answer for what happens when a character leaves a guild. I guess it depends on what the technology can do as well as what works best.
  11. PyrotechRick

However I think (And I can't point to a link right now) it was the reaper mechanic that was first discussed as being changed to a "shared power" mechanic. I would agree that past lives are more in need of a "catch up" mechanic. I do think though that reaper enhancement trees which gradually make...
  12. PyrotechRick

That's a fair point. I hoped my suggestion made it easier for new players to contribute providing they join an established guild. They can then build up their own reputation and, if they want to establish their own guild at a later date, taking some of the benefits of their accumulated...
  13. PyrotechRick

I'm not a programmer so I honestly couldn't say if it would be easier to implement shared reaper power with players in a party through a new system or to adapt the guild system to do something in the same ball park by sharing that power with guild mates. As you say the idea of implementing some...
  14. PyrotechRick

I'm not sure that this would solve the problem of new players having to "catch up" with veteran players or allow them to be able to contribute in the same content. It still requires new players to earn past lives and reaper points, although it means they can more easily create alts' once they...
  15. PyrotechRick

I'm not sure I understand your point...Are you saying that the bonuses from Past lives and reaper just shouldn't exist because the bonuses from a guild are already enough? I suppose I may not have explained what I was suggesting very well but I'm not suggesting those characters with lots of...
  16. PyrotechRick

So don't make the bonuses "huge". Hence why I suggested that such a system need calibration to work. I also proposed that characters could take their bonuses with them as they move guilds, but you are right it may make making new guilds less favorable....but then I think that ship may have...
  17. PyrotechRick

I'm not sure many people would describe a guild as a "corporation". Unless you mean SSG...which owns everything already. A guild is best described as a cooperative (although I'm not sure if that's the same concept in US as UK).
  18. PyrotechRick

There have been lots of threads discussing how the accumulation of multiple past lives and reaper points by veteran players has created an environment that makes it difficult for new players to catch up and discourages them from joining the game. Not everyone agrees with that point of view but I...
  19. PyrotechRick

Another Post asking for custom Hirelings

While I'd love to see this I think you have touched on the main problem, in that some of the basic functionality of hirelings still needs fixing first.
  20. PyrotechRick

Fiddle cosmetic animation

The iconic's item makes your bard (any bard no just the teifling) used the fiddle animation when playing songs.