Search results

1. I

About the tumble changes, here's my take on it :D

The one problem with this is that there are multiple dungeons in the game with traps that a single tumble will not get you through. The biggest advantage to having multiple tumbles is being able to have this increased reflex save for traps.
  2. I

About the tumble changes, here's my take on it :D

I like the utility of the new tumble but there are two minor issues that irk me. 1 is that it's too easy to accidentally use 2 charges of tumble. For example if you are holding W and A at the same time you will immediately use both charges. 2 is that it takes a really long time to get the...
  3. I

After last patch the game performance is degraded with low FPS

This is exactly why I think it's a Hi-Z occlusion issue. In the 00's it was super common to render basic shapes using the CPU to determine if something should be rendered in full. This has largely been replaced by GPU Hi-Z in modern programming where this performance hit becomes negligible...
  4. I

Seems like a rendering error where things that have been rendered stay rendered to be honest. Likely using a hierarchal occlusion map that never turns off.
  5. I

I've noticed that the performance hit is substantially more evident when using mouse steering. Not sure if it there is a relation there or not, but might be worth looking into. /shrug
  6. I

Update 66 Release Notes

This is also true with GXbow. No attack but plays animation and puts ability on CD.
  7. I

Update 66 Preview 2: AOE Ranged Attacks

I like this approach. I think balancing an entire play style around a single ability is concerning for game balance so I'm glad you're looking at buffing other abilities to make up for the change to hunts end.
  8. I

Update 66 Preview 2: Dragon Lord Fighter Archetype

I'm not. I'm extrapolating data based on what I was able to test. That's kinda the point of a test server, give feedback based on what you have available to test.
  9. I

Imbue builds play almost identically in this preview, at least with my testing. They aren't super strong but are the strongest ranged DPS builds IMO. They are still only 25% of an optimal melee TWF build so "viable" will ultimately depend on what level content you run. With 26+ imbue dice and...
  10. I

U67 Early Look: Fred's First Date

This quest felt.....clunky, for lack of a more descriptive word. Lots of narrative interrupts that don't flow well. Unnecessary breaks to force conversation instead of having the conversations auto-play. It's not a terrible quest design from it's core but just doesn't flow well.
  11. I

Update 66 Preview 2: Dragon Lord Fighter Archetype

My thoughts after testing. Dragon Lord Archetype fighter has the following changes to fighter playstyle. Strong push to THF playstyle. Lower single target DPS. Worse tanking ability. Better crowd/trash management. This archetype leans heavily on bonus damage to helpless and has many more ways...
  12. I

My thoughts after testing. The change to hunts end has done the following: Massive nerf to arcane archer tree builds. This was not a very strong playstyle to begin with but slayer arrow builds are now utterly gutted. Moderate nerf to deepwood sniper builds. This build was stronger than AA...
  13. I

Update 66 Preview 2 Release Notes

Shiradi Champion T2 ability Friend or Foe: Fey form has minimum level 30 requirement.
  14. I

U66 Preview 2: Tumble Changes

Tumble feels useful now but not quite smooth. I would personally lower charge cooldown by 1 second for every 10 points in tumble; max 5 second cooldown reduction at tumble rank 50. I think I'd also increase charges to 3 max by default. It's too easy to hold two movement keys and use both your...
  15. I

We have a one-question survey for you!

This. This is the only major criticism in this entire thread I agree with. First and foremost the game is awesome at it's core. Unlike a lot of people I am super glad you are not longer sticking 100% to PnP rules like you did in the early years. PnP is a great system for table top but it has...
  16. I

Lamannia U66 Preview 1 Release Notes

Both of your statements are correct. The testing I did on tumble movement speed in 2011 was base tumble animation speed without adding movement to it. Those numbers were my observation with tumble only (ie, holding shift and pressing a direction key) and then comparing it to run speed. However...
  17. I

Nothing you just said except releasing shift is true. I've exploited tumble for years to move faster in quests and will continue to do so after they remove experimental tumble. I will even teach you how to do it, if you want, on a live server if you tell me which server you are on and one of...
  18. I

This is true and has been since day one. Let me see if I can explain how tumble works under the hood with some sudo code. DDO uses a key depress state to determine if block is accessible, something along lines like this if (shift==down){ moveSpeed==0, block==true, dodgeRoll==true...