Search results

1. D

Fragments of reaper power

I'm unsure of how good it works out to, but diplomatic impunity, and framework both spawn multiple chest that can drop named items, so they might be a decent source of fragments.
  2. D

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

For me it's the general trend of devaluing old content, and hyperinflating the value of new content. I mean this in both monetization and balance. There are loads of cool old items that are basically worthless because they don't give any of the new, important versions of stats.
  3. D

A brief analysis of the value of getting each expansion with year of the dragon.

That's the DDO point value, the lowest tier expansion bundle cost 40$.
  4. D

A brief analysis of the value of getting each expansion with year of the dragon.

Expansions that have been discounted to 99 point before are a definite pass for me as they likely will be discounted again. This includes -MOTU -Shadowfell -Ravenloft -Sharn That leaves saltmarsh feywild and isle of dread Saltmarsh is 1999 ddo points or 20$ Feywild is 2495 ddo points or 40$...
  5. D

Too many crafting systems!

I just have 5 large green bags, and a couple of red bags on one character.
  6. D

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

If the thread is bothering you ignore it. The server will eventually come back up, and people will get bored of the semantic nonsense debate about how big of an issue this is or isn't.
  7. D

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various combat styles while leveling?

Thank you those are some very helpful breakdowns. Are there any breakdowns of attacks per minute on each of the fighting styles, or something similar to that?
  8. D

Since there's been over a day of downtime any chance you guys could give out the goggles from steps obliss?

I have an alt character I am using, though I am planning to stay on my current character for a bit to farm some gear from the older raids for some meme builds.
  9. D

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various combat styles while leveling?

Yep, not sure how good it is exactly, but I think I have the essentials.
  10. D

I've been trying out a few builds recently and wanted to get a general guide on what combat styles work where, and what's needed for them to function. This is primarily focused on melee/ranged combat, as I found, for example, single weapon fighting to be less impressive then two handed fighting...
  11. D

Since there's been over a day of downtime any chance you guys could give out the goggles from steps obliss?

That's good then Is this something that was always the case, or was it changed in an update? I remember seeing strimtom complain about it.
  12. D

Update MotU and SoW loot

Do you have a link to the post from tonquin about the loot? If it is difficult to revamp old loot I am sympathetic to that, but when every expansion seems to add an additional new stat, or 5 levels of power creep to gear that feels like an excuse throwing away old content to sell new content.
  13. D

Going by the last line of this page. https://ddowiki.com/page/Steps_Obliss Is this inaccurate/out of date?
  14. D

I was a bit over half way through the 14 days of dialogue, and according to the wiki it resets if you miss a day. Edit: Wiki is wrong, and it does not reset if you miss a day.
  15. D

Add sonic spell power/crit to the desert's writhing storm set.

Currently there are no heroic sonic spell artifact sets until sharn which leaves bards slightly behind in terms of spell power compared to other elemental casters. Since storm already also provides sonic spell power I think it would be fitting.
  16. D

How does the loot generation system work exactly?

A 4th affix can only generate over level 10 to my understanding(not sure if masterful crafting affects this), and that's what the potion says it affects, so maybe.
  17. D

How does the loot generation system work exactly?

I wanted to confirm how the system for random loot works, and how treasure hunter boost affect it. To give my current understanding/guess. When opening a regular chest a piece of random loot is generated based on the level of the chest. The chest level is determined by the level of the quest...
  18. D

Is it a good time to get feywild or should I wait?

I decided to get it last night, will be trying it out my next life. My analysis given what I know of each expansion for anyone else trying to decide. -Feywild cost 2.5k points, while the bundle cost 40$, and includes the shifter+feydark tree. Feydark is unlockable if you have feywild, but...
  19. D

Is it a good time to get feywild or should I wait?

I have the points to grab fey wild from the shop, but wanted to know if it was likely to go on sale, or get discounted down to 99 points like the others were. I also lack the other more recent expansions, but feywild seems like the best bang for your buck.
  20. D

Can Dragon Scales be upgraded to Flawless

Nope, flawless dragon scales drop in epic, while normal ones drop in heroic. (exception the thunderforge crafting has some dragon scales which are only used for that.)