A brief analysis of the value of getting each expansion with year of the dragon.

Expansions that have been discounted to 99 point before are a definite pass for me as they likely will be discounted again. This includes
-MOTU
-Shadowfell
-Ravenloft
-Sharn

That leaves saltmarsh feywild and isle of dread
Saltmarsh is 1999 ddo points or 20$
Feywild is 2495 ddo points or 40$
Isle of dread is 3995 ddo points or 40$

Given this, if you lack Isle of dread I would get that, with the secondary choice either being saltmarsh or feywild.

Feywild is worth more points, and gets you more stuff, but saltmarsh is slightly newer, so likely later on the 99 ddo point chopping block.

Elminster

Salt... is a little different than any other xpac due to it being the primary source of sentient XP and a lot of filigrees. I don't think it'll be on the 99 list for a long while until sent stuff becomes "greenstee level".

saekee

long live ROGUE
Salt... is a little different than any other xpac due to it being the primary source of sentient XP and a lot of filigrees. I don't think it'll be on the 99 list for a long while until sent stuff becomes "greenstee level".
It is not the best source of sentient xp—I see a lot of folks saying this but here is my order:

Fastest sentient xp is:
1) Burkat and Snarla chest WPM. Ransack this 8x
2) Isle of Dread Heszrou rare. Always drops a named item, sometimes 2. Ransack it.
3) Here I would put Saltmarsh for those running whole chain. If you have a stealthy lockpicker you can also hit 3 chests 8x on R10. I have not found a ton of sentient xp in lootgen Saltmarsh chests though.

The Narc

It is not the best source of sentient xp—I see a lot of folks saying this but here is my order:

Fastest sentient xp is:
1) Burkat and Snarla chest WPM. Ransack this 8x
2) Isle of Dread Heszrou rare. Always drops a named item, sometimes 2. Ransack it.
3) Here I would put Saltmarsh for those running whole chain. If you have a stealthy lockpicker you can also hit 3 chests 8x on R10. I have not found a ton of sentient xp in lootgen Saltmarsh chests though.
I think they are referring to speed running encounter area in combination with the quests.

droid327

I think they are referring to speed running encounter area in combination with the quests.

Yeah the absolute best chest for SXP stones is the Kelpie in Saltmarsh just outside Dunwater. You can ransack her in like 5 mins just by ducking into Dunwater, partying with your opener and leaving party, then going back out. She's always there too so super easy farm. I *think* SXP drops the same regardless of difficulty.

Into the Mists is also up there for personal SXP farming, especially if you have a Leap of some kind. You can clear it in <2 mins on a good fast build, and the chest has a 43% chance for a sentient snack on Elite+ (33% named, +10% Barovian weapon), plus G1 filis.

IoD named Demon you can run in ~2-3 mins too, and pick up T-rex Teeth as well as 1.2 snacks (100% weapon, 10% artifact, 10% named item) I think

Heart of the Problem, if you have an opener, is another <2 min quest that can drop Named Items and Artifacts, plus some useful filis