Search results

1. D

A brief analysis of the value of getting each expansion with year of the dragon.

Expansions that have been discounted to 99 point before are a definite pass for me as they likely will be discounted again. This includes -MOTU -Shadowfell -Ravenloft -Sharn That leaves saltmarsh feywild and isle of dread Saltmarsh is 1999 ddo points or 20$ Feywild is 2495 ddo points or 40$...
  2. D

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various combat styles while leveling?

I've been trying out a few builds recently and wanted to get a general guide on what combat styles work where, and what's needed for them to function. This is primarily focused on melee/ranged combat, as I found, for example, single weapon fighting to be less impressive then two handed fighting...
  3. D

Since there's been over a day of downtime any chance you guys could give out the goggles from steps obliss?

I was a bit over half way through the 14 days of dialogue, and according to the wiki it resets if you miss a day. Edit: Wiki is wrong, and it does not reset if you miss a day.
  4. D

Add sonic spell power/crit to the desert's writhing storm set.

Currently there are no heroic sonic spell artifact sets until sharn which leaves bards slightly behind in terms of spell power compared to other elemental casters. Since storm already also provides sonic spell power I think it would be fitting.
  5. D

How does the loot generation system work exactly?

I wanted to confirm how the system for random loot works, and how treasure hunter boost affect it. To give my current understanding/guess. When opening a regular chest a piece of random loot is generated based on the level of the chest. The chest level is determined by the level of the quest...
  6. D

Is it a good time to get feywild or should I wait?

I have the points to grab fey wild from the shop, but wanted to know if it was likely to go on sale, or get discounted down to 99 points like the others were. I also lack the other more recent expansions, but feywild seems like the best bang for your buck.