šŸŗ Welcome to the Terabyte Tavern! šŸ»

The Terabyte Tavern is where we can hear and tell stories of adventure, mystery, action, and suspense. Existing as an anachronism, the tavern is neon and chrome, wood and stone. Come by for Happy Hour and order a stout mug of mead from our robotic bartender and listen as the bards narrate the tale unfolding on the vid screen.

Iā€™m the Tavernkeeper, and I stream DDO every Friday for Happy Hour, from 7 pm to 9 pm EST. In addition to the challenges I impose on myself, I also provide cheerful and sarcastic commentary, thoughtful reflection, and rambling tidbits of knowledge, with a sprinkling of swearing and exasperation.

During Hardcore League, I try to stream more than just weekly, so be sure to follow to get notifications and don't miss a single death!

https://www.twitch.tv/terabytetavern

Tavern Tales
What kind of characters drive the adventurous tales told in the Terabyte Tavern?

The Vow of Poverty
What can be done when you have nothing? Based on the D&D 3.5 Book of Exalted Deeds feat, Vow of Poverty, this concept started with Hardcore League Season Six - A Dangerous Game. While there is no feat in DDO to provide the power inherent in the 3.5 version, the rules remain a compelling restriction to drive creative and thoughtful build decisions and questing tactics. This Tavern Tale will be broken into two histories: Hardcore Server, and Live Server.

Rules:
1 - Solo Only - No getting carried by unrestricted party members.
2 - No Currency - This means enhancement trees cannot be reset and certain quests become incompletable.
3 - No Gear - The only equipment you can use are those you conjure. Currently (May ā€˜23), that means only Shadowblades (Feydark Illusionist), Flame Blades (Druid/PL), and Thornblades (Blightcaster Druid). Occasionally, a quest item may be equipped and used for the duration/completion of the quest (Examples include the wand in ā€œPrice of Freedomā€ and the scepter in ā€œRainbow in the Darkā€)
4 - No Consumables - No collecting, hoarding, or using potions, scrolls, and wands. No clickies or cookies.
5 - No Hirelings - You cannot ask others to risk themselves for your choices. You couldnā€™t afford to pay them anyhow.
6 - No Horses or Teleport items - The Avowed has no need for such material objects and luxuries. You must face the dangers of the terrain and inhabitants between places.

Allowed:
Any Race, Any Class, Any Trees or Feats.
Quest Items - Keys, Crests, etc.
Guild Buffs - This is as close as you can get to both the buffs granted by the 3.5 Feat and receiving buffs from party members.
New Character Racial and Universal AP Tomes - This serves as a minor boost to get started and gets them out of the way.

Undecided:
Consuming Tomes earned by Favor or Saga rewards. (Have an opinion? Sound off in the comments!)

Hardcore Season 8 - The Dragon's Hoard
Current Attempt Level: 15
Highest Level: 15
Deaths: 1
Treasures: 6
Favor: 735
Aasimar Blightcaster

Build Link Will Go Here

Live Server: Argonnessen
Level: 24
Past: First Life - Made level 17 on HCL 6; Death by Shadow (Clip)
Status: Paused during Hardcore; Leveling to 30 to gain Epic and Heroic PL
Tabaxi FVS 12 / WLK 6 (GOO) / BBN2
Build Link Will Go Here

Hardcore Season 7 Best Attempt
Level: 10
Death: Trap - Valak's Mausoleum (Clip)
Human DRD 7 / MNK 3
Build Link Will Go Here

The Tavern Drunk
A long-suffering soldier who walked away from the battlefield at the end of The Last War to drink to all heā€™d seen and lost. That was when his true adventures began.

Rules: Human unarmed/handwraps fighting WITHOUT martial arts, Always carries Potions of Wonder and drinks one whenever a viewer types ā€˜!drinkā€™ in the chat.

Server: Cannith
Level: 16
Past: First Life
Human FTR 16
Build Link Will Go Here

Last edited: