+1 Tome question

I have a Tiefling Scoundrel, which requires L1 be a bard. I'd prefer to run this as a stormsinger. I bought a +1 tome to redo the 1st class only to find out I had to take all 15 levels before it would let me reincarnate. Now I'm a L15 bard and can reincarnate, changing 1 class. Can I change L1 from Bard to Stormsinger? If so, will that change all the class levels from bard -> ss, or do I have to take the toon to L30, then do an Epic Reincarnate to choose StormSinger?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You don't need a +1 to change bard to stormsinger (stormsinger is still a bard). You only need a +0 LR and when you get back to the creation screen be sure to select stormsinger and you'll be good to go.

Blunt Hackett

Tome? Do you mean heart? Tomes are for upgrading stats and skills. Reincarnation requires hearts, specifically a Lesser Heart of Wood in this case.

Sorry, I meant a +1 lesser heart of wood. If I go back to the creation screen now, and change L1 class to stormsinger, what happens to the other 14 levels of bard? Do they change to Stormsinger or ???

Suggestion

Sorry, I meant a +1 lesser heart of wood. If I go back to the creation screen now, and change L1 class to stormsinger, what happens to the other 14 levels of bard? Do they change to Stormsinger or ???
Once you take 1 level of Stormsinger than all levels you take of bard MUST be Stormsinger. You are not allowed to take any levels of "normal" bard.
The same is true if you take 1 level of "normal" bard, you are then prohibited from taking any levels of Stormsinger. The same it true for all archtypes/ "normal" classes.

Once you take 1 level of Stormsinger than all levels you take of bard MUST be Stormsinger. You are not allowed to take any levels of "normal" bard.
The same is true if you take 1 level of "normal" bard, you are then prohibited from taking any levels of Stormsinger. The same it true for all archtypes/ "normal" classes.
I understand that. I said I chose an iconic, Tiefling Scoundrel, so it gave me bard at L1. I wanted to change that to StormSinger using the +1 heart. Please reread what I originally posted. I don't want to run a bard up to cap, I wanted to run a stormsinger.

misterski

I understand that. I said I chose an iconic, Tiefling Scoundrel, so it gave me bard at L1. I wanted to change that to StormSinger using the +1 heart. Please reread what I originally posted. I don't want to run a bard up to cap, I wanted to run a stormsinger.
You're misunderstanding. Stormsingers are bards. You don't have to change their class at level 1, just the archetype. You can do that with a +0 lesser heart of wood.

Well, I just tried the +1, and it can't be done. The process takes you through the character creation screens where it defaults L1 to standard BARD and you don't get the option of choosing Stormsinger for the 1st level. What a waste. The heart says you can change 1 CLASS and it does not allow that with iconics. It should tell you that before you drop a bunch of points on it.