10 PRR/ MRR debuff vs 30% Fort bypass?

Graceunderpressure

So taking another look at my filigree sets, l’ve been using S/D 5 piece along with rare raid St filigree and some others.

I now have all the rares for a complete Dread 5 piece set.

Looking at the Dread MP and especially the 30% Fort bypass, hard to image the debuff is doing more damage.

Someone educate me! 😆

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The PRR/MRR debuff is a net increase to the entire party/raid's DSP. It's always good for at least 1 person to have to those to keep the group's damage increased. Fort bypass if you need it, helps you personally crit more. Decisions for what's best can be complex. It's the same with using a debuffing weapon with dust/ash/ooze/etc. vs using a weapon that's better personal DPS if someone else is bringing those debuffs. That's where the MMO aspect of group composites and min/maxing things as a unit comes into play.

PersonMan

Depends on how much fort the enemy has, how much other bypass you personally have, and how much the party is already reducing that fort for the rest of the party

_fully_carroted_

I think that 100% fort bypass is all you need, but I don't actually know for sure. Assuming you already have that from gear/feats/destinies then any additional bypass is wasted.

Does anyone know if we need more than 100 bypass?

Dragavon

I think that 100% fort bypass is all you need, but I don't actually know for sure. Assuming you already have that from gear/feats/destinies then any additional bypass is wasted.

You do not even need 100% on you, in a raid group there is usually someone with fort reduction too.
At least we do that in our guild raids.

Bjond

Yeah, iirc I was still getting crit-blocks due to low bypass with 160'ish bypass. It's been quite a while since I last tested, though. Hopefully one of the more vigorous and dedicated folk out there can chime in; my feeling is that 100 is "really low" for a crit-dependent build.

In a raid, there will often be fortification debuffers. HW comes with -20 to marked targets. DC comes with an extra -25? stacking. Sunder has -25% The best one is from T5 LD @ -75. Many fighter and dragonlord builds take T5 LD. It pairs wonderfully with T4 FOTW -- your char ends up with AE trip @ 7s and unlimitted haste boost -- the -75 bypass is just the cherry on top.

If your crit-dependent build only does raids with debuffers, it might be perfectly fine with low bypass.

SpartanKiller13

I generally aim for 100% Fort Bypass for questing, because there's a lot of things like Constructs or Undead that start with 100%. Sure, you can debuff them but that's a pain lol, like opening with Adrenaline + whatever and not critting feelsbad. I haven't felt significant loss from only having 100%, and I haven't noticed much gain from having a bunch more. YMMV.

For raid-only characters, I'll usually aim for 80% if I don't have good debuffs or like 60% if I do - there's plenty of debuffs to go around, and that works out pretty well for me. A more-coordinated group you could probably do less, but I don't want to be too dependent on someone else. Might also be different in mid-high skull raiding for like newer content, but that's mostly beyond my group.

I think Dreadbringer is one of the strongest filigree sets, and it's IMO BiS for early epics as well (since you have a lot less fort bypass at 20). Dread 5 + Prowess 5 in an ESoS is such a powerspike at 20.