Dungeon Master Voice Actors

Uppsy

One element of this game that I fully enjoy and am always excited to see/hear is who is going to voice the next pack/expansion which will be released in the following updates. Throughout the years we have had some amazing voice actors and still continue to have them, however we only know the identity of a few of these amazing people. There have been many grey areas to who voices certain content in particular the older content, that's right I am talking about the lady who done Necro 4 (heroic), the guy who done the Phiarlan Carnival/Sentinels Chain/Red Fens, the guy who done Reaver's Refuge, Korthos and Devil side Shavarath, the guy who done IQ, Dreaming Dark and last but certainly not least the original Dungeon Master who done a lot of the old harbor and many, MANY of the old content. It is the best kept secret who these guys are but if anyone knows feel free to drop the names so we may see some of their other work and give them the recognition that they deserve.
So far the ones we are aware of:
Cindy Robinson (Kobold+Kobold&Dragon&Wave Sent Gem, Droaam, a lot of newer content)
Ally Murphy (Sent Gem Resolute/Ireena/Tatyana/Death House DM & Sunrise DM)-Also heard a rumour she is Cellimas (confirm)?
James Flynn (Sent Gem Covetous/Abbot/Fresh Baked Dreams & Amber Temple DM)
Keith Silverstein (Inquisitive Sent Gem/Strahd/Inv to Dinner & Curse of Strahd)
Cordovan (Tower of Frost DM/Timid Sent Gem)
Lani Minella (Madame Eva/Raven at the Door, Mad Tea Party, Final Vintage DM)
Scott Mcneil (Also a lot of the newer content + Sent gem of Whelm/Blackrazor)
Ed Greenwood (HH of ES)
Wil Wheaton (TOEE)
Keith Baker (Sharn)
Satine Phoenix (Sharn)
Ruty Rutenberg (Sharn)
Kyle Vogt (Sharn)
There is a short list. I apologise for such a long post but for a small minority in the game such as myself this area is one which we have sought the answer to for years. If anyone can list any names of the older content in particular the ones mentioned in the first paragraph it would be great :)

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Scott McNeil also did Shadowfell Conspiracy, The Druid's Curse, The High Road of Shadow, The Catacombs (which is older content) and The Mines of Tethyamar

Noel Johansen is the younger sounding DM that did the voices of Amskar and the narration for Wheloon Prison in Shadowfell Conspiracy; I really liked him.

Mark Oliver is Vecna as well as the DM for several quests in Fables of the Feywild, Isle of Dread and the Hidden Hand. I want to say he nailed Vecna's voice btw.

For what its worth, Scott and Mark are my favorite DMs although Keith Silverstein is also one of my favorites. Keith did an amazing job as Strahd.

@Arcanaverse Travis did a great job on Slavelords too. I wish they could use him again.

@Cordovan Do you happen to know who was the ORIGINAL DM? I mean the guy who did parts of Gianthold (I.E. A Cry For Help), the Harbor, Korthos, etc. I can't seem to find anywhere that Turbine listed his name. I assume he also did the voice of Talbron Tewn and the Warforged (which I thought was Talbron) in the intro video. Edit: Looks like @Uppsy asked the same question.

Erin Fitzgerald is the one who did Ana and several of the female voices in Menace of the Underdark. I am not sure if she was the DM from Web of Chaos or Lolth, though.

Someone told me Michael Gough (Decard Cain) did Elminster, but I am not sure if that is true. It could be a misconception?

Misty Lee did parts of Saltmarsh and Dread (I.E. Fall of the Forbidden Temple) and I believe she also did the voice for Ghost Flame.

Arthur Romeo did parts of Saltmarsh and Dread (namely the DM work for the wilderness areas in both)

Last edited:

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut

Not speaking for the others but I didn't mention them because the game kindly points it out 😅

But now that you mention them - I always thought it was funny how Dave did Hoyles lines...

Hoyle must have an extremely loud voice or Dave forgot to mention that we have Cannith crystal powered radios.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Sadly, we do not have information on who the "original Dungeon Master" is. Whoever knew that information is no longer around, and despite a ton of attempts to find documentation or otherwise discover it, so far we have not been successful.

There has been some thought that it might be Roger Steffans, but then others say no. Prompted by this older post: https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/s...ice-actors-!?p=6316151&viewfull=1#post6316151 and this video:

There was another thought that it could be George Ledoux, but others say no on that one as well:

Putti

According to a thread on the old forum Jesse (Eldorudo) Smith voiced Arraetrikos and Devil Assault and Tolero did some of the voicelines in Accursed Ascension

Another thread lists Jay Snyder as the one who DM'd Cannith

It was confirmed by Turbin employee Glin in an in-game Q&A session that the voice actors for Menace of the Underdark were Brad Venerable, Michael Donovan, Cindy Robinson and Erin Fitzgerald. No word on who did what, though.

Gillian Brashear says she has worked on DDO. Doesn't mention whether it's as a director or actor, though.

Randall Ryan has apparently voice directed DDO. Perhaps he could answer some questions.

And a quote from Senior Developer Knockback back in 2014:
Knockback:

For the voice actor fans out there ....

Update 24/Heart of Madness is Michael Donovan

Update 23/Epic Necropolis is Cindy Robinson

Update 22/Epic Three Barrel Cove is Scott McNeil

Quote from Cordovan in the same thread when asked about the Mimic emcee:
Cordovan:

Actually, the mimic was done in-house by one of our sound guys.

Scott McNeill is also The Truthful One

It might be that they reused voice actors in LotrO and DDO, so might be possible to dig up some information that way.
In general it seems that Knockback had a lot of knowledge about the voice actors. I don't know if he's still around?

Erin Fitzgerald is the one who did Ana and several of the female voices in Menace of the Underdark. I am not sure if she was the DM from Web of Chaos or Lolth, though.

I believe Lolth is also Cindy Robinson.

Aelonwy

Who did the gingerbread golem voice in Icemount Curse? We really need a sentient jewel of that. ;)
Yes please. I was always disappointed there wasn't one piece of loot associated with the Gingerbread Golem. A Candy Cane Scepter, a Peppermint Buckler, a Gumdrop Button Sentient Jewel? Its not too late, I made some suggestions for future Feywild quests on the old forum they could do associated with the Feydark which we sadly didn't get to explore even to the smallest degree.

Nebless

It's sad that some of the older quests audio files have been corrupted. I know in Information is the Key when you enter the very first room the narration starts OK, but then garbles out and I'm guessing they have no way to repair those.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Sadly, we do not have information on who the "original Dungeon Master" is. Whoever knew that information is no longer around, and despite a ton of attempts to find documentation or otherwise discover it, so far we have not been successful.

There has been some thought that it might be Roger Steffans, but then others say no. Prompted by this older post: https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/s...ice-actors-!?p=6316151&viewfull=1#post6316151 and this video:

There was another thought that it could be George Ledoux, but others say no on that one as well:

Any chance they were actually credited in the original ddo manual?

There isn't a specific section for voice actors, but some names listed in the Special Thanks section on page 44 have some voice acting/acting credits for other projects. Thinking if they acted elsewhere they probably acted for DDO.

Names:
Steve Arnold
Bob Davis - A possible Robert Davis 1, Robert Davis 2 (no clip for that one though yet), Robert Davis 3 ... there's probably more
Brian Fargo
Jeff Patterson - was able to id a credit for him in Star Wars: X Wing Alliance as Rebel Pilot 2
Howard Salwen
Carmen Scarpa
Sandy Climan
Patrick Hendy
Michael Hirshland
Richard de Silva - has an acting credit, but couldn't nail down his voice

Last edited:

saekee

long live ROGUE
I wonder if the devs can just plop a list here?
Who did Nelle Gann's voice? Gives me goosebumps at the start of The Chronoscope. I love the voice narration of Sins of Attrition, feels like you are walking into Hell.

Uppsy

The Original Dungeon Master also done voice work for Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings maybe that will help narrow it down. But thank you everyone for all the responses and to you Cordovan for the response :)
I wonder if Tolero knows any other answers?