18th Anniversary Unique Reward for this 18th Year of the Game.

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
If they need new items in the shop they can do great things with a hireling pack
IT won't threaten the game balance, can be cute, fun , silly, helpful or all of that together
They just need to avoid some previous mistake....
The owlbear that can't pass through doors...
Or a melee character that keep dying at melee range in quest its lvl...or lower lvl .... (*look at Squishy Darling...*)
they'd 1st have to "fix" the hirelings! Most don't work the way they are suppose to! You tell them to stay and they follow you. You tell them to follow and they run the other way or just stand there....you tell them to heal you and they just look at you and so on.....

Kessaran

thing is....the archetype is ONLY FREE for the month between 2/28 & 3/27) unless ofc you are a VIP player. Everyone else has to purchase it (DDO Store) if they want it.
If you don't manage to log-in and claim the free archetype for the entire month that it's free, honestly that's more on you then the devs. It will continue to be free if you claim it now. This is a moot argument.

Stoner66

If you don't manage to log-in and claim the free archetype for the entire month that it's free, honestly that's more on you then the devs. It will continue to be free if you claim it now. This is a moot argument.
that's not the way I read it. To me (and all my friends) it reads that you get it free (to use) for the month, then after the month you have to be VIP or purchase it. I didn't read the code as being free forever based on the description

Kessaran

that's not the way I read it. To me (and all my friends) it reads that you get it free (to use) for the month, then after the month you have to be VIP or purchase it. I didn't read the code as being free forever based on the description
It's the free reward from the Year of the Dragon event. I HIGHLY doubt they would give everyone access to it through a reward vendor, and then remove it on the 26th even if you claimed the reward. That would escape all logic, and wouldn't even benefit them from a monetary standpoint. Perhaps @SteelStar or @Cordovan could confirm for clarity sake but I would venture to say it's permanent as long as you claimed it on that character during the free month.

Edited: Clarified it's YoTD event, not Anniversary.

Stoner66

It's the free reward from the Year of the Dragon event. I HIGHLY doubt they would give everyone access to it through a reward vendor, and then remove it on the 26th even if you claimed the reward. That would escape all logic, and wouldn't even benefit them from a monetary standpoint. Perhaps @SteelStar or @Cordovan could confirm for clarity sake but I would venture to say it's permanent as long as you claimed it on that character during the free month.

Edited: Clarified it's YoTD event, not Anniversary.
ever hear of try before you buy?

Siegfrid

they'd 1st have to "fix" the hirelings! Most don't work the way they are suppose to! You tell them to stay and they follow you. You tell them to follow and they run the other way or just stand there....you tell them to heal you and they just look at you and so on.....
Well I can't say you are wrong...
BUT I still use them when I am soloing and they saved me a bunch of times not always though, quite a few time the heal watched me die.

Anyway there are different kind of gameplay some peopes just rush to finish as fast as possible trying to maximize the xp/minutes and that is whether in group or solo.

Some just take their times, do a lot of afk , like to break the boxes, do the optionals and don't feel the need to do a past life per day (I read on the forum that some managed to do that even on hardcore...1 life per day...)
Hires are for them , the slow one, like me!
The guys that are zerging and can't even wait on their groupmate to kill the boss and move on to the next quest...;they really don't need the hire yah.

Speed

These are all permanent gifts (not temporary promotion, gift by term is not something that giver takes back) each month and thats the whole point of celebration which is not exclusive for VIPs (except daily gold rolls), just like rewards in every event, you have limited time to unlock it.
It will be always free for VIPs (as it is currently without need to unlock), but (in case of all players) "Speaking with Xatheral prior to March 26th, 2024 will unlock the Dragon Lord for your account permanently": https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-year-of-the-dragon-february

Drunken.dx

That said, I am sure the devs felt that the dozen or so rewards we already have qued up this year were sufficient.
I'm pretty sure devs have no say in this matter, but those who feel daily gold dice for VIP's is "fiscally irresponsible" do.

Genkiba

I mean...it's right there.
All players including VIPs need to speak with Xatheral in the Eberron Hall of Heroes in order to acquire the Dragon Lord archetype for their account. After March 26th, the Dragon Lord will be included in the monthly VIP benefit whether you have added the archetype to your account or not. Speaking with Xatheral prior to March 26th, 2024 will unlock the Dragon Lord for your account permanently!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
thanks i hate it
#rogue4lyfe
It'd free to VIP. Likely the last.

How could you forget the red pony who cost way more than the blue one!?
Cosmetics are too highly price for me to mess with. Side note: too many pants playing as skirts for my taste.

The problem with this is archetypes have been free anyway until now, and it won't be available for party favors in future years. That's not to say his point isn't correct. It's just that for several players it feels like getting a vacuum for their anniversary present.
Yeah - spidey-senses telling me this is a tell.

A character slot because they are never on sale anymore and for a new Dragon Lord :ROFLMAO:
Gotta buy adv. paks for those.. or store but adv packs is more bang for buck.

Better get it anyway, else..
It is free. If you claim it in the timeframe, you have it permanently. If you do not claim it in that time and want it afterwards, then you have to buy it.

Archaic

Yeah... though there are lots of cool gifts that lay ahead this year, it would have been nice to have 18 yr specific gifts... that's 3d6 all 6s.

AbyssalMage

Isn't the Dragonlord the 18th-anniversary gift?
Yes and no. SSG is passing it off as the anniversary gift AND as the D&D (I.e. PnP) anniversary gift from what is being said on the forums.

It's a B.S. move by SSG if it's true but only time will tell. If they don't hand out birthday cakes next week we know...

dur

aka Cybersquirt
bs. they have changed candy effects for a while now. only recently did they lower the levels....

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Why is there no unique 18th-anniversary reward?

We appreciate the monthly D&D 50th rewards - they are awesome -
but that is a separate anniversary celebrating the pen and paper og creation.

Yes, it's cool that it's the Year of the Dragon - but it is its own thing.

But the 18th anniversary is the 18 anniversary -
Dungeons and Dragons Online players who have carried the flag for years logging in
deserve a unique 18th-anniversary reward -

Maybe this is a hot take but I don't think so -

how many of you went to house P looking for the
18th reward and had to look 2 or 3 times to make sure you didn't miss what wasn't there?

I know I did.
So glaD you got hits.