LGS debuffs - best way of stacking them

Pano

Hi,
I have a several questions regarding Ash, Ooze, Dust debuffs
  1. Is LGS debuffs same as Dino-crafted debuffs?
  2. On DDO wiki, it says, that Ash is removed one stack at a time. According to my experience, they are removed all at once (Dino-crafted Ash)
  3. What is the best way of stacking them and keeping them on? I play as EK PM, I am using Attuned bastard with vulnarebility. I have Dino-crafted Ash and Ooze swap - what spell is best to cast to apply the most stacks? Force missiles/ magic missiles? I know that casting something like Ice storm will give monsters only one stack when they are first hit.
Thanks a lot for replies and sorry for my trash english.

Bjond

Anecdotal: heard Dino-Salt (black sands) applies 1x stack at a time compared to LGS-Salt & Identity Crisis, which applies 8x stacks at a time. I'd love to hear a confirm/deny on this one. IMHO, 1x at a time makes sands worthless.

Changes in the de/stacking for Dino-Ash lines up with what I've heard about Dino-Salt.

Pano

So basically I should better farm LGS weapons for better debuffs? I don't want to waste LGS mats if I would get the same results as with Dino weapons. If somebody can confirm that LGS is superrior, that would be great.

SpartanKiller13

A lot of old builds used PL:Wizard's active attack to stack debuffs quickly, it fires 10 missiles = generally fully stacks whatever you're holding (unless internal CD).

As a PM/EK you have an even better option though: if you cast Death Aura (any version) it'll snapshot your current equipment and current spellpower/crit/crit damage at time of cast. This means you can just swap debuffers on, cast Lesser DA, and use that to stack and maintain stacks of debuffs (and you can swap to caster sticks before casting Death Aura for bigger heals as well).

IMO that means the best option is 2 fast-stacking debuffs on your LDA (like LGS Ooze) and have a debuff that takes more stacks on your main-hand (like Vulnerability). If TWF you can swap offhands easily as well, but I wouldn't expect TWF with a Bastard Sword.

Other things to plan a bit around are what debuffs you expect your buddies to bring, like there's almost always a few sources of Vulnerability in a raid group so it's a lot lower priority for me than like LGS Ash which is commonly not present.

Pano

A lot of old builds used PL:Wizard's active attack to stack debuffs quickly, it fires 10 missiles = generally fully stacks whatever you're holding (unless internal CD).

As a PM/EK you have an even better option though: if you cast Death Aura (any version) it'll snapshot your current equipment and current spellpower/crit/crit damage at time of cast. This means you can just swap debuffers on, cast Lesser DA, and use that to stack and maintain stacks of debuffs (and you can swap to caster sticks before casting Death Aura for bigger heals as well).

IMO that means the best option is 2 fast-stacking debuffs on your LDA (like LGS Ooze) and have a debuff that takes more stacks on your main-hand (like Vulnerability). If TWF you can swap offhands easily as well, but I wouldn't expect TWF with a Bastard Sword.

Other things to plan a bit around are what debuffs you expect your buddies to bring, like there's almost always a few sources of Vulnerability in a raid group so it's a lot lower priority for me than like LGS Ash which is commonly not present.
Thanks for reply. I have of course tried have my debuff weapon equiped when casting DA. Sadly it does not proc any debuffs at all - tested in pvp arena with a friend with several debuffs and several spells. DA and fire shield are not working - at least with dino debuffs.

Pano

DA is a snapshot of SP and crit profile - I have retested it myself, just the debuffs are not procing from these spells

Monkey_Archer

Snapshotting death aura no longer works for most effects, but the rest is accurate.

Assuming SWF the most efficient for solo debuffing would be:
-equip TWF salt+ooze for persistant AOE such as ice storm, since they only need to be applied once each.
-swap to ash+dust and use magic missile or wizard past life to apply full stacks on bosses.
-swing a vulnerability weapon in combat since it needs to be constantly reapplied.
-repeat every ~10 seconds

Pano

Does it work with LGS and not Dino?
If I don't get a confirmation from someone, I will craft LGS something and test it. I will post my findings here as soon as I can. I have a feeling that DA will not work for LGS debuffs either but at least if the stacks would be removed 1 at a time for LGS - that would be worth the ingredients

Monkey_Archer

Does it work with LGS and not Dino?
I haven't tested every interaction, but what I can confirm:

-Ash (both LGS and dino version) will not proc on death aura at all whether you are holding the weapons or not. I assume dust works the same but haven't tested it
-Ooze and salt will proc on death aura and persistent AOE effects when the monster enters.
-LGS salt applies 8 stacks immediately.
-Dino salt applies 1 stack at a time.

Monkey_Archer

Have you tested this on Dino and LGS? According to my experience. DA is not procing Dino Ooze (no info on salt)
Yes death aura will proc dino ooze. It does not show up in the list of your debuffs though, but rather the other debuffs list for some reason.

Spook

Confirmed DA is still proccing "melted armor" I was not able to get it to proc affirmation or vulnerability (not buying a bone picker to test other buffs/debuffs)

Tilomere

Were you testing LGS Dust + Ooze melted, which work, or Dino Dust + Ooze.

Also my memory was that LGS Salt didn't work. Were you testing Dino Salt to find that it worked?

Spook

I didnt test LGS wasnt going to run Shroud for a test as the toon i tested on didnt have any LGS to hand
I tested:
Shadowhorn
Melthorn

I do have a Black Sands' Desire spare so i will test that at some point unless someone beats me to it