A removal/condensation of item effects:

Epiriam

I personally feel like gear has wayyyyyyyy to many words on it. And it seems, to me, when making any build, I can literally ignore more than half of them and nothing changes. Not sure if this is a funneling of the meta, or inherently useless effects, but I'd like to see that trimmed down. Sorta wanted to get a feel for the general idea before I spent time writing an actual document and whatnot.

TedSandyman

I wish they would do away with all the various forms of healing amp and just have healing amp apply to whatever should heal you, be it positive energy, negative energy, repair, etc... It would make some of the gear much more useful to different builds.

seph1roth5

I despise the individual save bonuses. But now that I think of it they're all just kind of a cheaty way to pad item effects. So instead of having 3 items that give you sheltering, resistance, and healing amp, you need to have 7 different ones, which gives a much higher chance to have overlapping effects. Say hello to 4 speed effects.

Epiriam

And here I was, thinking that gear tetris was half of the game.
I don't even wanna do away with that, but you have to admit your characters gear effects literally being like 100 lines of text or better isn't great. Imagine the lag alone that adds to the server. A lot of these effects could be condensed together, or in some cases, removed entirely, and not much would change.

Deathly

Options : UI Settings : Show Detailed Descriptions in Examination : (Uncheck)
Options : UI Settings : Show Detailed Filigree Descriptions : (Uncheck)
Options : UI Settings : Show Non-Completed Item Sets : (Uncheck)

Epiriam

Options : UI Settings : Show Detailed Descriptions in Examination : (Uncheck)
Options : UI Settings : Show Detailed Filigree Descriptions : (Uncheck)
Options : UI Settings : Show Non-Completed Item Sets : (Uncheck)
That doesn't stop me having to consider them all, or the game server having to read, calculate, and apply them all for every character.

somenewnoob

And here I was, thinking that gear tetris was half of the game.

I sill haven't even worked out IOD set gear after getting it when it went on sale for points. I've got 5 guys and it can take HOURS to work out cap sets for all of them when switching gear. They're all still using RL/Sharn/Fey.