A shout out to Tonquin

Onyxia2016

we need to treasure them while it lasts
That we do, Maybe thank them for posting even if it may not be something we like. If they take the time to communicate, if nothing else, that is a good thing.

We can't expect the staff to communicate if they keep getting blasted in full nuke mode every time they post. I would stay away myself if that happened.

nenetteblackmoor

I have replied in another thread, but he should specify his position within his company when posting on the forum with a regular user account.
It is recommended to indicate his position before issues such as impersonation arise.

We players greatly appreciate his presence, so we would like the issue to be addressed before it becomes significant.

nenetteblackmoor

Staff accounts have their names in red so easy enough to spot even when they have the default title

Hey Spook, that's wrong.
There's no one reading every corner of the forum.

It's the job of developers and designers to make it understandable anytime, anywhere, for anyone.
DDO's current state has normalized many bad practices in various places.
You've gotten used to the oddities and haven't noticed.
Relying on what's written in the fine print of the contract is the same as fraud.

The only way is to gradually point out the flaws and fix them.

Onyxia2016

The very first sentence in my starting post was a subtle mention as to he/she role and I left it at that. I was not going to come at them guns blazing that is what always seems to happen on these forums.

If this was a contract for a corporate merger I what say yes, that all parts need to be clearly identified. However this is a community forum so we can leave the contact law out of it.

Other than the name in red as @Spook pointed out, their posts are also listed in the "Staff" Tracker.
I don't care is he/she is a Jr. Developer in training on an internship, the end result is what is important to me.

I was hoping the complaining about what they do or not do would have taken longer than a few days to start, but hey that is the DDO forums for you. Why post about the silver lining when you can complain about the dark cloud.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
The very first sentence in my starting post was a subtle mention as to he/she role and I left it at that. I was not going to come at them guns blazing that is what always seems to happen on these forums.

If this was a contract for a corporate merger I what say yes, that all parts need to be clearly identified. However this is a community forum so we can leave the contact law out of it.

Other than the name in red as @Spook pointed out, their posts are also listed in the "Staff" Tracker.
I don't care is he/she is a Jr. Developer in training on an internship, the end result is what is important to me.

I was hoping the complaining about what they do or not do would have taken longer than a few days to start, but hey that is the DDO forums for you. Why post about the silver lining when you can complain about the dark cloud.
This. Why on earth are we making such a big deal over something so trivial. Please, move on, and don't spook our beacon of hope. They'll fix the title any day now.

nenetteblackmoor

This. Why on earth are we making such a big deal over something so trivial. Please, move on, and don't spook our beacon of hope. They'll fix the title any day now.

Even trivial matters can pile up and become a mountain.
That's the problem DDO is facing right now.
If it's something trivial, it can be fixed right away.
If players don't point out issues that developers might not notice, then who will?
I can't understand why some people want to argue against the obvious, but well, that's beyond me.

By the way, I'm a game creator from a different company.
Continuously doing the same job can sometimes lead to repeating mistakes.
We can't notice when we ourselves are going insane.

While it might seem like a negative opinion on development, it's actually an important point to consider.

The problem lies in pretending that the issue doesn't exist.
If you were just a developer, I wouldn't say anything.
But please try to understand that creators can create something new by denying their past.

Onyxia2016

Even trivial matters can pile up and become a mountain.
That's the problem DDO is facing right now.
If it's something trivial, it can be fixed right away.
If players don't point out issues that developers might not notice, then who will?
I can't understand why some people want to argue against the obvious, but well, that's beyond me.

By the way, I'm a game creator from a different company.
Continuously doing the same job can sometimes lead to repeating mistakes.
We can't notice when we ourselves are going insane.

While it might seem like a negative opinion on development, it's actually an important point to consider.

The problem lies in pretending that the issue doesn't exist.
If you were just a developer, I wouldn't say anything.
But please try to understand that creators can create something new by denying their past.

@nenetteblackmoor
Let me start by saying you are not wrong. I would think any staff member should have a proper title.

However your choice to point it out in the thread that was created to convey thanks and appreciation for communicating to the forum, was counter productive to the threads purpose.

Perhaps a better choice would have been to start a new post asking for an introduction.

As the thread reads now we have is starting as a thank you and quickly turned to a you did something wrong.
Not the best approach to take when you are eliciting the continuation of the desired response.