Add option to mark loot as junk in chest before it goes to inventory.

droid327

How about just don't have junk in chests lol

Gold in chests is fine. Gems to sell for gold is flavor. We don't need eight different categories of items that are basically only sold for gold.

Chests in Elite+ should only have (proportionally more) gold, gems, rare and named items, guild renown, and Cannith essences. No random gear (you can still get blanks from end rewards), no mundane consumables or ammo, only rare scrolls

DBZ

I want all useless crap removed from saga lists sw gems raid tokens reaper frags

WildJax

It would be nice to mark items in chest as junk before looting them. Its annoyin to look in inventory for items just piceked up to mark them as junk...
remove all trash greens from the game its useless takes up memory IE lag replace it with more plat / crafting items. Named / rare items only please

Toede

remove all trash greens from the game its useless takes up memory IE lag replace it with more plat / crafting items. Named / rare items only please
Agreed. At some point, loot became insane in DDO. Generic arms and equipment should be bought from vendors, including +X items. Ditch the randomized Monty Haul loot drops with names the length of a sonnet that paradoxically always end up as vendor trash. Treasure should actually feel like treasure, not like rummaging through your foe's trash can.

Silvorn

A loot filter would be great. Can it be done? No idea. But my str based fighter is never going to loot wands and scrolls. My crossbow user hates having arrows get mixed in with bolts. Would love to be able to toggle an item to junk for a character and never have to click around it again.

canicus

Chests in Elite+ should only have (proportionally more) gold, gems, rare and named items, guild renown, and Cannith essences. No random gear (you can still get blanks from end rewards), no mundane consumables or ammo, only rare scrolls
I think this is a really good idea, keep random loot in normal and hard so it is there for things like hardcore and FTP players with few expansions. Cannith Crafting is universally better than random loot except on HC where you may not have the time to level it up. Otherwise, random loot is useless.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I think this is a really good idea, keep random loot in normal and hard so it is there for things like hardcore and FTP players with few expansions. Cannith Crafting is universally better than random loot except on HC where you may not have the time to level it up. Otherwise, random loot is useless.
Not true.

There are a large number of Random prefixes that cannot be duplicated with CC, along side combinations that cannot be crafted.

CC is nice, true, but it is not universally better. A stars aligned random item will beat CC hands down .

Ahpuch

Back to the OP: Being able to mark junk in chest before looting so that you don't have to hunt for crap loot in your backpack sounds useful.

But wouldn't it be better if loot didn't run around your back pack all willy nilly. Wouldn't it be better to lock slots to items so that when you used them and put them back they didn't go where they wanted. Have the ability to dedicate back pack slots for incoming loot so that one knows where all the new loot goes? I would prefer pack organization enhancements over adding a junk flag to chests pre-looting. Of course this was only first requested in 2006 (maybe 2005) so perhaps it is too soon.

canicus

Not true.

There are a large number of Random prefixes that cannot be duplicated with CC, along side combinations that cannot be crafted.

CC is nice, true, but it is not universally better. A stars aligned random item will beat CC hands down .
Fair point. I would still prefer to limit random to lower difficulties to keep the them accessible. This could even lead to a more robust trading economy.

Tremes

I want some cheese to go with everyone's Whine.

Just leave the junk in the chest.
What I don't understand is, if you Think it is junk, why pick it up? You want everything marked as junk, but what you perceive as junk, might not be to someone else. So as Silverfox said, just leave it, is it that much of a problem?

woq

"That much of a problem?" Probably not.

I mean I don't really think it should be their number 1 priority or even close but being able to sort the trash from the good stuff to avoid having to go through it every time is basic functionality since 2 decades ago in other games that deal with excessive amounts of loot.

Roguelikes were coming up with macros and automatizers for item sorting/destruction, highlighting etc in early 2000s, arpgs have loot filter fixes from community solutions in modern arpgs and they're borderline unplayable without them, some games have a possibility to designate bags that only accept certain types of loot, and if they don't have a place to go they don't go anywhere. DDO forces player to make the choice and go through every single list every time, which over time gets annoying to some people.

You guys make it out to be like this is not a problem games have tackled as problems in tens of different ways because universally players don't want to be drowned in garbage. It takes effort, it's not fun, and generally other games recognize this and take steps to alleviate that mental and mechanical burden. There is no need to belittle others just because you are unable to relate.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Back to the OP: Being able to mark junk in chest before looting so that you don't have to hunt for crap loot in your backpack sounds useful.

But wouldn't it be better if loot didn't run around your back pack all willy nilly. Wouldn't it be better to lock slots to items so that when you used them and put them back they didn't go where they wanted. Have the ability to dedicate back pack slots for incoming loot so that one knows where all the new loot goes? I would prefer pack organization enhancements over adding a junk flag to chests pre-looting. Of course this was only first requested in 2006 (maybe 2005) so perhaps it is too soon.
I gotta agree that loot swapping places within Inventory is a major annoyance.

In general, far as flagging, I keep my inv closed til I'm at Bank - all new stuff is highlighted. Can't always happen but I'll deal with it rather than have them break something else core to the game.

Everbright

I like the suggestion of being able to mark loot as junk in chests. Signed!
I do not like the suggestions in responses about removing RNG loot from chests though! I feel like end rewards are better for named gear and consistency, while RNG adds to the fun of looting chests in groups.

Would be nice to turn off prompts to spend Astral Shards on chests. I don't mind if others do it but it's a problem whenever I want to recommend the game to someone who plays D&D.

l_remmie

Junkloot is important in Hardcore. I wonder if it's possible to have a different chestloot system HC vs Live.