Add Tactics DCs to Throw Your Weight Around

Grunndi

It kind of just makes sense.

If a few hundred pounds of dwarf is throwing their weight into tripping you or doinking you on head it’ll probably be pretty effective.

Most (or all) other alternate damage stats also have a way to get To-Hit. Personally (as an avid TYWA dwarf player ) I DON’T think TYWA should get Con-to-hit, since there should be some tradeoff, and it makes it feel pretty bland. But adding some Tactics DCs seems reasonable for a T4 enhancement, wouldn’t be overly unbalancing, and adds some flavor. It’d give Dwarven tanks a reason to pick up some tactical feats too if they want to give themselves a little more utility (obviously with a little tankiness trade off from the AP and Feat spend, but not everyone is concerned with raid-push-tank-min-maxing all the time).

Could function the same as PDK (only without the to-hit part), or be a straight Con-Mod to tactics when using your Dwarven weapons of choice. I’d be happy with either.

Upvote 4

droid327

Yeah itd need to be 1/3 mod like PDK and it'd need to require con>str too like pdk so it didn't just become an extra trance for str builds, since con is never a dump stat anyway

Grunndi

maybe make it like a passive con trance or more like pdk 1/3 mod to tactics?
I’d prefer it NOT be a trance or insightful bonus since most builds have a trance worked in anyway.

Yeah itd need to be 1/3 mod like PDK and it'd need to require con>str too like pdk so it didn't just become an extra trance for str builds, since con is never a dump stat anyway
Yeah definitely agree, either just copy paste the PDK version (minus the To-Hit part). Or if it was a straight swap to Con that’d kind of accomplish the same thing.

Either way accomplishes the same thing. Since going TYWA already borks your to-hit, at least have Tactics DCs stay reasonable.

Purr

It kind of just makes sense.

If a few hundred pounds of dwarf is throwing their weight into tripping you or doinking you on head it’ll probably be pretty effective.

Most (or all) other alternate damage stats also have a way to get To-Hit. Personally (as an avid TYWA dwarf player ) I DON’T think TYWA should get Con-to-hit, since there should be some tradeoff, and it makes it feel pretty bland. But adding some Tactics DCs seems reasonable for a T4 enhancement, wouldn’t be overly unbalancing, and adds some flavor. It’d give Dwarven tanks a reason to pick up some tactical feats too if they want to give themselves a little more utility (obviously with a little tankiness trade off from the AP and Feat spend, but not everyone is concerned with raid-push-tank-min-maxing all the time).

Could function the same as PDK (only without the to-hit part), or be a straight Con-Mod to tactics when using your Dwarven weapons of choice. I’d be happy with either.
Now that there's a str. trance, seems like there's no reason to not let Con get + to hit and damage. Maybe for a battlerager iconic?

droid327

It's already a 15+ ap cost. Pretty hefty, and in a tree that is very expensive anyway for what good there is. I think it's justified.
That would've been an argument before you could get 16 free RAP that makes it not a tradeoff anymore

Teh_Troll

As a fat MFer myself I have to say this makes sense. I've tripped many people in altercations using my girth.

This was my younger days, I'm now a kinder gentler troll.

Last edited:

Weaponalpha

Yeah, just what stumpies need, more reasons for people to play them. Con to dmg is sufficient, otherwise it'll be like bloody Oz out there. I think that Halflings should get hp based on dex if fugglies get con to dmg since we are asking for things that are not going to happen.