Additional Focus on Multi-Account Players

Snootch

I would like to see more multi-account support in DDO. In fact, I'd like to see the game contoured towards one player who uses multiple accounts so that it is a self-standing product in that regard.

The multiplayer aspect of DDO is why we play (or at least why we got started). I always opposed solo play in MMOs, but then SSG intentionally contoured their game to more easily enable solo play. From that, it just makes sense that a player could develop multiple accounts on his own. For that, I think that SSG should start serving the multi-account market fully.

I know this is software, but the concept of bulk-buying could be marketed, methinks; and I think that the longtime/diehard fans (especially the solo folks) would buy into this. Bulk discounts, plus sale discounts, plus bundle discounts would garner more sales, I would reckon. Speaking for myself, I'd probably drop $150 for an Ultimate Fan Bundle edition for my main and five Standard editions for my alts during a sale, for example. Or $200 for 1 UFB and 5 CE. Something like that. It's all psychology.

Beyond that, quality of life upgrades for multi-account players could make the whole experience better for them (like hireling revamping, streamlined switching between characters/screens, trailing companions (like Dragon Warrior, but alts engage for combat automatically, like scripted hirelings), etc.), enticing further investment by the customer in such a system and its expansions. (There could even be a multi-account expansion.)

Just a thought I had from my time with the game over the years.

Snootch

Upvote 1

seph1roth5

It's weird how anti-alt the game is. I know my friends would spend more time and $$ if their alts weren't complete garbage compared to their main. +8 tomes, xp pots, slayer pots, etc., all go to the main. The big issue is that all the power is centered around reincarnating and past lives, and we all don't have infinite free time to make multiple completionists with a zillion past lives. Same with storage/btc stuff. Raid runes DO help a lot, but it's just too much stuff to store.

pezlie

It's weird how anti-alt the game is. I know my friends would spend more time and $$ if their alts weren't complete garbage compared to their main. +8 tomes, xp pots, slayer pots, etc., all go to the main. The big issue is that all the power is centered around reincarnating and past lives, and we all don't have infinite free time to make multiple completionists with a zillion past lives. Same with storage/btc stuff. Raid runes DO help a lot, but it's just too much stuff to store.
2nd …