All players should be able to open elite

Blunt Hackett

I agree.

I don't think it should be a VIP perk. However, I do think an equally valuable perk should take its place if the change were made.

I also think the heroic xp reincarnation penalty should be done away with. With so many past lives now, I feel it is unnecessary and a turnoff for new players trying out the TR train.

Basically, let's get rid of the things make the game tedious for inexperienced players. The game has so much to do now. The hoops aren't really necessary anymore, IMHO.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
All players can open elite.

Buy VIP.

Done.

Oh, you don't want to be VIP but want one of the perks?

Buy Unlocks in the store.

Oh, you want the perk but don't want to pay for it?

Yeah, I'm out.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Buy Unlocks in the store.

Oh, you want the perk but don't want to pay for it?
Bwhahah, all I've been asking for (a long time, across other posts over the years) is to be able to buy unlocks that isn't per quest. It's silly and predatory pricing. Let me spend a chunk of points and have the elite unlocks for all quests in one go. 25 DP per quest unlock is a joke.

DBZ

Iconics are already as horrible as it gets they make them so bad you pay not to play the damn things

So this at least makes them useable for 1 thing i would also gladly pay for an unlock

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Bwhahah, all I've been asking for (a long time, across other posts over the years) is to be able to buy unlocks that isn't per quest. It's silly and predatory pricing. Let me spend a chunk of points and have the elite unlocks for all quests in one go. 25 DP per quest unlock is a joke.
Ok, I wasn't going to recommit to this but your reply prompts me to ask:

How much, exactly, are you willing to pay for permanent access to elite for new characters?

edit: Yeah, 25 points per quest does seem a bit high. I am, have been and will always be VIP so wasn't aware of what the cost for the per-quest unlock in the store was. Five seems a bit more reasonable.

rabidfox

The People's Champion

How much, exactly, are you willing to pay for permanent access to elite for new characters?

edit: Yeah, 25 points per quest does seem a bit high. I am, have been and will always be VIP so wasn't aware of what the cost for the per-quest unlock in the store was. Five seems a bit more reasonable.
I don't have a specific price point. 5k points would be a likely guess. Is just doesn't follow the rest of their business model. I can buy every adventure pack. I can buy every race. I can buy every class. I can buy 32 point builds. etc. etc. I just can't buy elite unlocks. I wouldn't spend too much as my main, 2nd favorite, 3rd favorite, 4th, ..., are all multilifers and I don't need it; but I hate the per quest and super expensive costs model on principle. I let my VIP expire because if doesn't give me enough and the elite unlock isn't going to get me to resubscribe, all it does it reduce the odds of me caring about HC if I can't find groups I enjoy with somone else to handle the unlock. But for the right price point, I'd grab a perma-unlock for difficulties.

Ying

5000+ hours played
It's silly and predatory pricing.
There's a ton of cruft in the store:

Scroll x10 for 30-175 points for spells readily available from vendors
+1 to +5 weapons for 65 to 250 points
+1 to +5 shields for 50-250 points
+2 to +5 armor for 95-250 points
Quivers for 30-240 points
Arrows and Bolts for 30-150 points
Runearms for 140-275 points
Food for 95-150 points
Spell components x250 for 160 (not Omnispell Dust/Stone, but specific components available from vendors)

I'm sure there are more examples. It's shameful. The store needs a cleanup pass. I doubt it's ever had one.

Chai

If they aren't willing to do it per character or per account, then sell it at a point per, but in increments of 50 or 100. It puts a buff on your bar with a counter and each time you open a quest on elite it decrements by 1.

They could even sell it as a ship buff deed for like 2K points one time purchase for guild, or sell vet status 3 for 1295 exclusive to the store and include it with that. Theres plenty of creative ways other than once per quest.

Its sad this game went p2w, but they arent even marketing THAT optimally.

Silverfox

Just put a timed or quest quantity Elixir in the store. The fact is with an alt account you can open most quests with a first life with another first life character that is in your group except for chain quests that you have to advance.

cocopufff

Its sad this game went p2w, but they arent even marketing THAT optimally.
No, their marketting is awful. There's so many adjustments they could make which would both make them more money and increase their player base.

Just put a timed or quest quantity Elixir in the store
Honestly, just throw it on the favor spectrum and then let people pay to skip it, like lvl 4 or 7. That's the best solution I've heard so far. (The whole "start at level 4 or 7 thing is kind of meh anyways since most of the time you're TRing.)

DDO Gaming

They could charge $10 to purchase the game whilst keeping the VIP subscription. I think that could work. But that then raises the question: what are you buying for VIP? Maybe beyond R1 access?

Shambhala

Totally agree with OP,

it's frustating for hardcore haveing to beg for someone be able to open the quest dificult.

DDO Gaming

actually if they charged like $10 to gain access to each server, that should help reduce SSGs costs since very few gamers will then want access to multiple servers