Always wanting to download non-existent updates?

Maxilia

Why does my launcher always think there are updates to download, and end up downloading about 56M of 'something', when there can't possibly be anything to download, because I just did it 5 mins ago? This is a new install on my new windows 11 PC...
My 'old' install on my windows 10 laptop has no such issues, and launches straight away.
I'm not saying its necessarily dependent on the windows version, just including that as context in case its relevant.

Fisto Mk I

It is new updated loading screens.

There is a switch you can add to the shortcut to the launcher to not load them. Someone that remembers it will probably post it soon.
It was posted once at old forum... but my search-fu not strong enough, sorry... 8)

Maxilia

https://ddowiki.com/page/Launcher has the directions you'd want. "-skiprawdownload" being the one others are talking about.
Thanks all for helpful and illuminating responses - don't know why I didn't look for 'launcher' on the wiki!
Unfortunately I've added these switches to my shortcut, but doesn't resolve the issue.
As a bit more info, the launcher doesn't mention any screen .jpg files, but does flash up filenames being downloaded such as widevinecdmadaptor.dll, natives_blob.bin, d3dcompiler_43.dll, cef*.pak.....which are no-where to be found under the install directory, but can be found elsewhere on my C: drive.
I installed DDO on my D: drive, so now I'm suspecting that its a consequence of not installing DDO in the default location.
It's no biggie, but is rather annoying. If it gets to the point where it annoys me too much I'll try re-installing on C:, but I have an old habit of generally not doing that to cut down work if/when OS needs to be clean-installed.