Announcing 10th Annual Halloween Party - Trivia, Costume Contest, Trick or Treating

Vooduspyce

Announcing the High Lords of Malkier's 10th annual community Halloween Party, featuring trivia for prizes, a costume contest and Trick or Treating!! The fun begins at 9pm ET on Halloween night and will go past midnight!!

What: Trivia, Costume Contest, Trick or Treating
When: 9pm ET Halloween Night, October 31st
Where: Sarlona Harbor (event begins at upper mailbox)
Why: For fun and prizes!!
How: Details below

SCHEDULE

9pm ET: Terrifying Trivia - Easy and newbie-friendly questions

9:30pm ET: Trick or Treating!! (details at the time of event)

10pm ET: Killer Costume Contest (prizes awarded for best costumes)

10:30pm-??? ET: Terrifying Trivia

DETAILS

Trivia
Trivia will feature at least 50 trivia questions with a portion of easy and newbie friendly questions, pen and paper D&D questions, other D&D themed questions, and a bunch of DDO questions for beginners and veterans alike! Trivia will take place at the upper mailbox in the Harbor. Questions will be asked and answers will be accepted in general chat. Winners must claim their prizes in person immediately.

Costume Contest
While we don't really have "costumes" in DDO, we will be awarding prizes for creativity. This year's costume contestants will line up along the boardwalk outside of the Harbor lighthouse. Costumes will be judged by the High Lords of Malkier. If you want to see what others have done in the past, check out the 2022 winners, 2021 winners, 2019 winners, 2018 winners and 2017 winners!

Trick or Treating
We are excited to bring you another year of trick or treating! Want to know how to play? It's easy! Just be in the Harbor and we will provide you with easy and fun instructions to participate. Bring your candy bag!!

If you missed last year's event, you can read about it here.

We will be live streaming the event on my Twitch channel vooduspyce!

We hope to see you there and Happy Halloween Sarlona!

Much love,
Voodu and the High Lords of Malkier

PS. Big thanks to my guildies and everyone who donated prizes for the event!

KozyBean

Announcing the High Lords of Malkier's 10th annual community Halloween Party, featuring trivia for prizes, a costume contest and Trick or Treating!! The fun begins at 9pm ET on Halloween night and will go past midnight!!

What: Trivia, Costume Contest, Trick or Treating
When: 9pm ET Halloween Night, October 31st
Where: Sarlona Harbor (event begins at upper mailbox)
Why: For fun and prizes!!
How: Details below

SCHEDULE

9pm ET: Terrifying Trivia - Easy and newbie-friendly questions

9:30pm ET: Trick or Treating!! (details at the time of event)

10pm ET: Killer Costume Contest (prizes awarded for best costumes)

10:30pm-??? ET: Terrifying Trivia

DETAILS

Trivia
Trivia will feature at least 50 trivia questions with a portion of easy and newbie friendly questions, pen and paper D&D questions, other D&D themed questions, and a bunch of DDO questions for beginners and veterans alike! Trivia will take place at the upper mailbox in the Harbor. Questions will be asked and answers will be accepted in general chat. Winners must claim their prizes in person immediately.

Costume Contest
While we don't really have "costumes" in DDO, we will be awarding prizes for creativity. This year's costume contestants will line up along the boardwalk outside of the Harbor lighthouse. Costumes will be judged by the High Lords of Malkier. If you want to see what others have done in the past, check out the 2022 winners, 2021 winners, 2019 winners, 2018 winners and 2017 winners!

Trick or Treating
We are excited to bring you another year of trick or treating! Want to know how to play? It's easy! Just be in the Harbor and we will provide you with easy and fun instructions to participate. Bring your candy bag!!

If you missed last year's event, you can read about it here.

We will be live streaming the event on my Twitch channel vooduspyce!

We hope to see you there and Happy Halloween Sarlona!

Much love,
Voodu and the High Lords of Malkier

PS. Big thanks to my guildies and everyone who donated prizes for the event!
Hi I'm new here! I just wanted everyone to know I'm going to win all these competitions. Warmest regards, KB

Zenako

Thanks Cordovan for your visit and gifts to all the costume contestants. Highlords did a bang up job once again, and Voodoo was tireless it seemed being the master of ceremonies and quizmaster. Thanks to all.

Vooduspyce

What a great turnout!! Our 10th annual DDO Halloween Party was a big success!!

Here was the crowd at the start for trivia...

halloween-trivia-group.jpg

At 9:30 we had our Trick or Treat special event! Ten High Lords were hidden all over the harbor and we sent trick or treaters out looking for them. Anyone who found a High Lord could open a trade window for a treat! Here we passed out everything from hair dyes and portable holes to major mana pots and raid timers!

At 10pm was the costume contest where we saw huge participation and some awesome costumes! Here are the contestants lined up on the docks outside of the lighthouse....

halloween-contestants.jpg

My guildies voted for their favorites and this year we gave Twitch viewers a vote as well! The 2023 Killer Costume Contest winners were...

4th Runner-up: Vampyrhuntrd
Vampyrhuntrd won a Joseph the Mini Scarecrow certificate and a 100 DDO store point code!

Vampyrhuntrd-small.jpg

3rd Runner-up: Festar Addams
Festar won an Improved Epic Otto's Irresistible Box and a 100 DDO store point code!

Festar-Addams-small.jpg

2nd Runner-up: Tinkerrbelle
Tinkerrbelle won an Improved Epic Otto's Irresistible Box and a 100 DDO store point code!

Tinkerbelle-small.jpg

1st Runner-up: Slaashe
Slaashe won a Heroic Otto's Irresistible Box and a 500 DDO store point code!

Slasshe-small.jpg

And best costume goes to Wednesdey Addams
Wednesdey won a Heroic Otto's Irresistible Box and a 500 DDO store point code!!
Wednesdey was Devilwoman who also won in the 2022 contest. Big congrats on now being the 2-time defending champion!!

Wednesdey-small.jpg

After the costume contest we continued trivia until we reached the 50th question that wrapped up just after midnight!

Tons of prizes were awarded, from pet certificates and tomes to sentient xp gems, rare craftables and DDO store point codes!

There was a 5 win limit on trivia and the big 5 time winners were Megamman, Raivenne, Eorich, Dawnstrider and Frisson!

4x winners: Themockery, Dangered, Salm
3x winners: none
2x winners: Norahaura, Hailya, Eiryna
1x winners: Gah-2, Fireeater-1, Igotfive, Papabumble, Dodika, Buket and Percaville

All games prizes were donated by the High Lords of Malkier as well as many other generous members of the Sarlona community. Thank you everyone who contributed prizes to the event!! Big thanks to SSG for donating the store point codes and thank you Cordovan for hanging out with us during the event!!

Thank you everyone for coming, it was tons of fun! Big thanks to my guildies for helping to make the event a success!

Much love,
Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Last edited:

BYGOD1

It truly was cool as hell! I had a blast. Need way more stuff like this on all servers. That many people having that much fun at the same time was a real experience. Congrats to all the winners! And thank you Vooduspyce and everyone involved to pull that off! All of you are awsome!

Appreciated.
First time participant. Long time player.

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
Awesome event,
Thankyou so much to Voodu and the High Lords of Malkier for making this event, and congrats on the 10th year! The trick or treat gifts and contest rewards are totally amazing and a big thankyou to all who donate to it to make it possible!
I was second runner up on my costume toon 'Tinkerrbelle'. Am most appreciative for the rewards and the fun evening. So many kewl costumes and grats to all. ✨
hugs from Littlemama Whooopass 🦋