Another Monster Manual

Uppsy

Monster manuals are an amazing thing, the artwork is truly superior for them as well. We definitely need another manual as we are missing some crucial monsters imo like Vampire and Spectre. Here is a few suggestions, I have also thought about whether these should have pets, taking into account whether there is already a model in game e.g. ice elemental (same as earth). Here goes:
Spectre (Pet)
Vampire
Quell
Ice Elemental (Pet)
Pit fiend (maybe a pet)
If anyone else has any other ideas feel free to drop them or if I missed some

Upvote 4

Eelpout

If it follows past practice then it will likely be free for VIPs and available from the store for 595 points. Don't know if that is the case currently though.

Looks like rewards follow the pattern of MMs 5-8 (e.g. Mysterious Remnants at exterminator levels 2 & 5). Owlbears join Griffins in being somewhat anomalously categorized as Animals rather than Magical Beasts. Eladrin are Humanoids rather than Fey or Outsiders. Haven't seen any creature companion rewards yet, but expect there will be one or two.
It has been confirmed by Cordo that it will NOT be free for VIP. Only available with expansion purchase currently and eventually available for purchase in store. Continuing their trend to make sure VIP remains valuable by taking things away from them and selling it back to them (with a discount if we are really good kids)

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
I was a bit disappointed to see dinosaurs are not in the new mm. However, I am glad Ravens are in there... Between Feywild and Saltmarsh I tend to fight a lot of burbs.

Krelar

MM9 rewards (amongst other things) Mysterious Remnants... which were added in 2015.

Still a good ways back, but not 2008 and of use to many players.

I wish the new one gave the same rewards as the original monster manuals, I would take DDO points over mysterious remnants any day.

Lagin

MM9 rewards (amongst other things) Mysterious Remnants... which were added in 2015.

Still a good ways back, but not 2008 and of use to many players.
you're trippin if you think 250 rems are worthwhile to farm for. The average player doing just one TR on R1 or leet can amass more than that by default. The MM rewards are in need of an overhaul everyone including the devs know it. Krelar's post is spot on. But yet again the marketing dept makes that call. SO... good luck with that. (yet another reason I won't renew my sub) this game is so mismanaged (it shows everywhere, especially marketing) no wonder my friend (editor) at popular gaming review site won't give DDO even one line in any review.

Uppsy

I have my Happy Hyena pet :D
Waiting for Cloud Giants, Spectre and Vampire to be added then I am chuffed with it

Brakkart

Added a couple more types of outsider to the list in the post on page 1 of this thread that have enough different types of in the game to warrant inclusion in a Monster Manual volume, namely:

Outsider - Djinn, Salamander.