Any chance of a cosmetics tab?

Balvix

I'm hoping that eventually there will be a tab similar to the mount tab for all cosmetics given from packs and store purchased cosmetics. I understand that the mirrored cosmetics would be too difficult to add to a tab like that but the rest of them should be an easy enough thing to add to a tab. This would help myself and others who have entire toons with all purchasable bag space that is filled with cosmetics, from having to create more toons to hold all the new cosmetics that are given with each expansion. I'm at the point where I have been using my shared bank to hold a bunch of them since my current cosmetics mule is completely full. I would be willing to spend a bunch of points on this, or simply purchase it outright if it wouldn't be available for point purchase. I know this has been dismissed in the past but I think that the cosmetics that you get via the store and pack purchases would be enough to make ppl happy and relieve space restrictions for some of us.

I agree completely. Cosmetics are cool and help players differentiate themselves from others. Cosmetics do not grant any game bonus, nor are they needed for a toon to be able to use while adventuring. Shared bank space or character bank space is at a premium and has a fair, but not inexpensive price for gaining more space. Having played for over 15 years, I have a lot of cosmetic items that I would rather not get rid of. I would say that at least 75-100 items in my character bank are cosmetic. We are getting more and newer cosmetics with daily dice rolls, new packs, and new rewards from things like night revels or others. Providing a tab similar to crafting storage in the shared bank would be a great option even if it had to be bought with points or with a pack for the first time. This type of option would not be a game balance problem and I would hope not be too difficult to code.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
We've been asking for this or some other way to store cosmetics for years.

They haven't done it yet, I doubt they ever will.

ACJ97F

Same reason we've asked for a "permanent hireling" tab, so we can drag them to a hotbar as needed. The problem being that folders are a store
item, and QOL isn't real priority. Wouldn't put it past them to sell a Hireling/Cosmetics tab bundle, which would be par for the course these days.

TrinityTurtle

I would really love one. I may have something of a cosemtics habit that's fallen to the wayside because I just can't store anymore of them. X_X I would get more if I had a place to put them (and especially easily access them across toons based on my silly whims and moods).

Up

It's really necessary. I didn't buy underdark and this new mechanized patron because I don't have space to keep cosmetics anymore!

Also a bag for material components would be nice! Could cycle among casters each life with no need to buy them every life or keep a bunch of material you don't use in bank.

Spikkel

Or they could make it look cool by creating a “wardrobe room” on every guild ship. In it you can see an account-wide bank-like interface with all your glamoured/cosmetic items.

vryxnr

From what I've heard from the cordo streams I've watched (I don't catch them all, but sometimes I put it on in the background), they WANT to, but it's a huge undertaking that while ON the list, is low on the list.

What I've heard is the reasoning for it being such an undertaking is that the base engine this game runs on does not actually know what "cosmetics" are. The cosmetics we have are actual individual items that simply have visual priority in the slot they are put into. Thus, to make a proper cosmetic tab, they'd have to re-code every single cosmetic item individually so that the tab would recognize it as "cosmetic" vs "item with special properties".

Spikkel

From what I've heard from the cordo streams I've watched (I don't catch them all, but sometimes I put it on in the background), they WANT to, but it's a huge undertaking that while ON the list, is low on the list.

What I've heard is the reasoning for it being such an undertaking is that the base engine this game runs on does not know what cossetics are. The cosmetics we have are actual individual items that simply have visual priority in the slot they are put into. Thus, to make a proper cosmetic tab, they'd have to re-code every single cosmetic item individually so that the tab would recognize it as "cosmetic" vs "item with special properties".
As a software developer (over 25 years professional), I would propose the following:

1) implement this item flag (cosmetic), since this is done in 1 place,
2) run a UPDATE SQL query on all items (table) to set this flag to True WHERE the slot it is going in is a cosmetic slot
3) use it in that new space only, no need to change the bank or the inventory

What you describe here shouldn’t ever be a lot of work, but I can agree they have other priorities and this isn’t one of them