Anyone TRing?

Toombs

So I've been back a month now and finally decided to TR. I had 5 lives under my belt before I stopped playing in 2012. The issue I'm having now is finding a group to run stuff with. Is there a TR channel on the server?

I have to be honest I remember most of the quest...but I'm not as fast as I use to be...lol. I'm in a guild. But it's really just 2 dudes on different time zones.

I do have to say it's amazing how much you forget in 12 years. My TR train is more like a snail!!

Kheledon

I have a 2nd pass wizard who's maxed out and waiting for a torc to drop. She will be TRing soon. Name's Solei.

Toombs

I'm hoping to hit cap this weekend if possible and then TRing again on the 28th for another run up. Just look for Raenin if anyone wants to run stuff.

DBZ

Tring on an Update day as massive as this one is Risky might want to wait in case of major fall out

Reactions: dur

Toombs

If it's bad it's gonna be bad if I TR or not. I'll adapt on the fly if I need to. I'm not to concerned. I'll have fun either way.

Arsont

If it's bad it's gonna be bad if I TR or not. I'll adapt on the fly if I need to. I'm not to concerned. I'll have fun either way.
I think part of the concern from some people is that this is a larger update. Inevitably, when there's a big change to the game or its systems, there's always the possibility of new bugs being introduced. How those affect a character mid TR isn't always discernable on the preview server.

If you're adaptable, are not too concerned about changes, and are willing to adapt to any new features or abilities, then I'd suggest TRing now (or asap if you're still trying to cap). A freshly reincarnated toon going into the update should be more safe than trying to TR directly after it.

At least, that's my hope 🤣. I just TR'd last night with hopes I'll be safe from bugs, but also planning to use some of the new features being added.

Toombs

I think part of the concern from some people is that this is a larger update. Inevitably, when there's a big change to the game or its systems, there's always the possibility of new bugs being introduced. How those affect a character mid TR isn't always discernable on the preview server.

If you're adaptable, are not too concerned about changes, and are willing to adapt to any new features or abilities, then I'd suggest TRing now (or asap if you're still trying to cap). A freshly reincarnated toon going into the update should be more safe than trying to TR directly after it.

At least, that's my hope 🤣. I just TR'd last night with hopes I'll be safe from bugs, but also planning to use some of the new features being added.
I TR'd last week and should hit cap hopefully this weekend if I'm lucky and find a good group. I got lucky yesterday and ran with some cool folks! Once I hit 30 I'm doing and Epic...then a Heroic or Iconic since I got some extended free time.

My main point in the original post was more along the lines that I hadn't played in 12 years. Soloing for me isn't a ton of fun. Most of my friends from game don't play anymore...and I don't remember some of the quest..which makes me nervous joining some LFMs sometimes. The player base has changed a lot it seems(probably cause everyone is 12 years older...lol) and are way more helpful and nicer even if voice doesn't seemed used much anymore. Enjoying being back and relearning the game.

Gimp-1

Tring on an Update day as massive as this one is Risky might want to wait in case of major fall out
Why its not like i cant TR again...done it several hundred times....just another lap at worst.

• Haha

Gimp-1

I TR'd last week and should hit cap hopefully this weekend if I'm lucky and find a good group. I got lucky yesterday and ran with some cool folks! Once I hit 30 I'm doing and Epic...then a Heroic or Iconic since I got some extended free time.

My main point in the original post was more along the lines that I hadn't played in 12 years. Soloing for me isn't a ton of fun. Most of my friends from game don't play anymore...and I don't remember some of the quest..which makes me nervous joining some LFMs sometimes. The player base has changed a lot it seems(probably cause everyone is 12 years older...lol) and are way more helpful and nicer even if voice doesn't seemed used much anymore. Enjoying being back and relearning the game.
Everyone i know uses Discord for Voice. Most of us dont even have in game voice chat audible.

DBZ

Can completely brake your toon and your inventory all your pls gone tr cache gone or even worse

Then you get to deal with customer service who probably won't help you

And there's always a chance they brake the servers so BAD they have to do a ROLL BACK so yeah

Last edited:

Owlbear

Why not just have fun and enjoy the new content you missed from the last 12 years? You don't have to rush to TR. Snail speed is fine as long as you enjoy the content you play.