Anything new planned for the upcoming Night Revels?

Smokewolf

Of all the DDO festival events, this is my favorite! Would live to see some new content and items added, as I've most everything needed from the last few seasonal event.

Edit: Just remembered that there aren't any caster centric weapons. Everything there is melee or ranged specific, not spell casting.

-Smoke

Last edited:

Zuldar

Some ideas:

Sapphire of Deathward - grants passive death ward effect.

"Insert Item Type Here" of the Unliving - You are healed by negative energy. Taint of Undeath - living character who wear this item gain one negative level.

droid327

Some ideas:

"Insert Item Type Here" of the Unliving - You are healed by negative energy. Taint of Undeath - living character who wear this item gain one negative level.
That'd be grossly powerful. I'd rather see new stuff with support for undead builds than an augment that lets anyone turn their build into one

SpartanKiller13

I just want a recolor of the cosmetic every year lol; I love Night Revels, and I've been pretty disappointed the years where there isn't one.

I'm sure it's harder than I imagine, but it seems like you should just need a color gradient and a few items added to the list which seems like an afternoon for an intern, let alone a professional.

But like Reaper Platemail (White) or any of a variety of colors would be sick. But yeah, white/silver are my votes if that matters :D

Zuldar

That'd be grossly powerful. I'd rather see new stuff with support for undead builds than an augment that lets anyone turn their build into one
Not an augment, suggested that one be an actual item. Bigger opportunity cost.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Even if they add one item every year that'll be great. The trick is to be a useful item, not just a cosmetic or a flavor item.

CBDunk

It would be interesting if there were a way to transform various powerful positive healing Epic Destiny effects (e.g. Holy Presence, Rejuvenation Cocoon, and Consecrate) in to negative and/or repair healing. Undead and construct builds tend to fall behind a little at high epic and legendary levels because there are no Epic healing abilities for them.

For Night Revels an augment that makes all outgoing positive healing done by the player negative instead, or one that changes all incoming positive healing to negative would be REALLY nice... but they've no doubt already completed the new items for this year. Something major like that would also likely make more sense as a legendary feat or other power.

droid327

Undead and construct builds tend to fall behind a little at high epic and legendary levels because there are no Epic healing abilities for them.

Well its a little better now that MT supports Repair....but I think the intention was that Repair/Neg builds have more support with filigrees. Neg and Repair Amp bonuses are about twice what Heal Amp bonuses are, and there's a Neg and a Repair heal-on-hit fili set, but no Positive.

Now I'd argue even if that's the intention, Darkhallow and Shards of Mechanus dont really offer the same value as Renewal or EA heal/aura for the opportunity cost :D

If they really want to just extend the utility of Heroic rep/neg healing abilities through Legendary (rather than grant new heals through EDs) then what they really should do is give Negative and Repair healing reduced Reaper penalties. That, more than anything, kills the scaling on Recon and NEB. Oh and Scion of Mechanus/Shadowfell should remove the level cap on Recon and Harm as well.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Some ideas:

Both cool concepts, but the Sapphire of Deathward is probably a mite too powerful to be giving away as event loot, and the "X of the Unliving" kind of screws over any character using Dark Apostate or Pale Master. Healing from negative damage stops being fun if everyone can do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Sapphire of Deathward in an upcoming pack or expansion.

Zuldar

Both cool concepts, but the Sapphire of Deathward is probably a mite too powerful to be giving away as event loot, and the "X of the Unliving" kind of screws over any character using Dark Apostate or Pale Master. Healing from negative damage stops being fun if everyone can do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Sapphire of Deathward in an upcoming pack or expansion.
There are so many clickies of deathward that it's fairly ubiquitous already and really no different from items with FoM or the greater heroism augment.

Dark Apostates and Pale Masters still have the advantage of actually having ways to heal with negative energy. If anything it would make those builds more useful since they negative energy spells would have greater versatility.

droid327

Dark Apostates and Pale Masters still have the advantage of actually having ways to heal with negative energy. If anything it would make those builds more useful since they negative energy spells would have greater versatility.

It'd make DAs and PMs more useful to serve as healbots for their Zombie Paladin masters lol

The difference is Undead Shroud gives you a 50% penalty to Positive...whereas "healed by Negative" just means you're 100% Pos and 100% Neg. So Zombie Pals would still be able to LoH and Cure themselves, as well as benefit from other passive Negative sources like Darkhallow and Greater Boon.

Plus, as a meta ripple effect...it'd probably mean even PMs and DAs stop taking their actual Shroud enhancements, and just use the item to enable their Negative healing to save the AP....whenever you're enabling a core class mechanic with an item, you're devaluing that class for everyone, including the class itself.

Zuldar

It'd make DAs and PMs more useful to serve as healbots for their Zombie Paladin masters lol
That would be bad how exactly? It's unlikely a DA would use negative energy even with this item since healing spells will be far more effective. I guess it would allow pale masters to heal but their selection of spells is pretty limited, how often do you see wizards healers using repair spell and reconstruct for Warforged characters? It's essentially the same concept.

The difference is Undead Shroud gives you a 50% penalty to Positive...whereas "healed by Negative" just means you're 100% Pos and 100% Neg. So Zombie Pals would still be able to LoH and Cure themselves, as well as benefit from other passive Negative sources like Darkhallow and Greater Boon.
While that is a valid point there's so much positive healing amp and spell power in the game that it effectively becomes moot. Even as a DA heal will probably end up being more effective than Harm because of the massive disparity.

Plus, as a meta ripple effect...it'd probably mean even PMs and DAs stop taking their actual Shroud enhancements, and just use the item to enable their Negative healing to save the AP....whenever you're enabling a core class mechanic with an item, you're devaluing that class for everyone, including the class itself.
Unlikely due to the aforementioned reason as well as the fact that giving up an entire named item plus associated set bonuses is far too big a cost compared to one action point that you were likely to spend anyway to unlock higher tier enhancements.

adamkatt

Some different colored horses would but nice.... ya know to fit the armors.. Or a rainbow horsey for all the LCBQKETL#nobinary#goths and stuff too!