Appearances Preview Not Working

Bheleram

Since there's a cosmetic sale I wanted to grab some. But for some reason I can't preview the cosmetics from the DDO store. It is a known issue for steam-users, but I've launched the game directly through launcher in the main folder with steam being turned off (store now opens in-game), but I still can't preview the outfits. Once I click it, a separate blank window just pops up and nothing else happens.
Buying an outfit without knowing exactly how it looks seems just senseless to me. Is there any known solution to this?
P.S. The wiki-file hosting pictures of those is down too afaik
Might it be so that I have to redownload the game from the site? Because steam is still messing with the store for some reason

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Not shooting the messenger, but that's got to be the most DDO workaround ever. Imagine having a 64-bit client that prevents revenue generation.
The workaround if someone is running the game via steam requires closing steam, searching their computer for DNDlauncher.exe, and manually running that to bypass steam. Otherwise, launching via steam forces the use the external store which also breaks cosmetic previews from working. It's full of jankiness to get previews to work; it's almost like someone doesn't want us to buy them (I totally snagged like 5 or 6 outfits during the sale).

Upvote 0

pame12

Is this still working? I tried non steam, and I tried 32-bit version, kept left and right clicking on the outfit but nothing showing up on my character.

Upvote 0

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is this still working? I tried non steam, and I tried 32-bit version, kept left and right clicking on the outfit but nothing showing up on my character.
They removed the wardrobe preview function entirely when they redid the store; so there's no workaround anymore as the function no longer exists.

Upvote 0