Are timers for buffs calculated server side or client side?

Weslok

I think that if buff timers are calculated server-side why at levels 20+ are there buff timers at all? An unextended buff of 20 mins practically guarantees you will find a shrine before your buffs expire... If this is the case lose those timers and let the buffs last until the next rest... Looking at how many buffs are handed out in a full party is a lot of timers to keep track of...

I saw in another thread regarding zerging and the lag it causes that zerging causes all the mobs to be activated and take up cycles while the party zergs itself to the end... The idea that you want to punish players who zerg by buffing end bosses seems a little stupid to me... I mean it's a game right... People are paying money to play it... Is it really fair to punish someone for their play style... If they want to zerg let them but don't punish everyone because some people like to play fast and loose... Personally, I like to kill everything we encounter as we go and rarely do we get DA... Fix the mods so they drop aggro when players leave the line of sight... Do that and they aren't causing lag anymore... Just let people enjoy the game they love...

What is with the 2+ reapers spawning in a single room on R1... Why have you done that... People are afraid of Reaper already and this change that I am noticing recently really sucks...

Why can we not buy Elixirs Of Discovery in the store?

Why can we upgrade Saltmarsh to ultimate for $80 but not Feywild or Isle Of Dread or the other expansions... Not everyone can purchase an expansion at $130 in one payment... I certainly can't so I have to miss out on having the hirelings etc. that come with ultimate... I'd love to upgrade my Feywild package because at release time I couldn't afford the ultimate package... Pay over a period of time or something would be nice... I'd like to have those toys...

We all know SSG has turned DDO into a pay-to-win game, and bound to character sucks... Let us have the option to pay a higher sub fee for DDO unbound where BTC items are instead BTA... If you stop paying the higher sub fee then your BTA Items become BTC again... I personally bought all the content and went FTP when the whole VIP sub has no real value issue came up... Watching ftp accounts get access to all the packs really upset me because that was the only REAL value to be VIP for me... Give me unbound for $20 a month and I'm back on the VIP train...

I love this game and I've been playing since release except for a few years I took off... There is no other game out there like it, but I am not paying for something that lets ftp accounts have all access to the adventure packs twice a year... VIP's want value for their money and until we see it a lot of us will remain ftp and buy the content as it comes out...

One last thing how can I anonymously purchase say a basic Feywild pack for a guildie who is very financially strapped without letting them know it came from me?... I have several guildies I'd like to gift packs to but can't seem to find a way to do it... I want them to be able to join us without being embarrassed that I bought it for them... I'd like to be able to go to the store type in a character name and gift that account the Feywild...

Upvote 1

misterski

One last thing how can I anonymously purchase say a basic Feywild pack for a guildie who is very financially strapped without letting them know it came from me?... I have several guildies I'd like to gift packs to but can't seem to find a way to do it... I want them to be able to join us without being embarrassed that I bought it for them... I'd like to be able to go to the store type in a character name and gift that account the Feywild...
Can't do that. Too much potential for abuse.