Bank in sunny side Korthos

Putti

I'd like to see a bank in Korthos, so you can quickly access your gear after TR'ing instead of having to port to the harbour/borderlands, run to the bank and port back.
It would probably only make sense to have it on the sunny side and to fit in it could maybe be placed on the docks as like something who sails back and forth.

Upvote 11

The Narc

Yes, but not just for sunny side, make it available even for new players to the game. This is long overdue and obviously banking and storage space are one of the most basic of concepts in a game. For the complexity that we have for new players that are starting the game, this is one concept that I would think nearly every player on the planet understands.

droid327

This'd be handy, but at least having Keep has made it way better than it was before for bank access

What I think is more needed is airship access (which would also provide a banker) in Korthos and Gatekeepers Grove. Its annoying that a zone containing a plurality of L1-3 quests is only easily accessed by Teleport (ML7 scrolls) or by the farshifter outside Grimm (which requires you to complete the L16 quest). And its not even convenient to walk there since its at the ass end of the Harbor, far from the Airship, the Teleporter, and the Marketplace gate.

Putti

An airship would also be really nice, though it might be hard to justify an eleborate airship tower in a small village on an island. If they can make it work I'd be all for it, however!
Maybe it's time we got guild boats ;)

Visik

This'd be handy, but at least having Keep has made it way better than it was before for bank access

What I think is more needed is airship access (which would also provide a banker) in Korthos and Gatekeepers Grove. Its annoying that a zone containing a plurality of L1-3 quests is only easily accessed by Teleport (ML7 scrolls) or by the farshifter outside Grimm (which requires you to complete the L16 quest). And its not even convenient to walk there since its at the ass end of the Harbor, far from the Airship, the Teleporter, and the Marketplace gate.

It would make sense for airship access to only be active on Korthos' Sunny side: Until the dragon is driven off, no airship would dare the trip any more than would a sailing ship.

But I agree entirely: Korthos and Gatekeeper Grove both deserve airship access.
GG is a hub for a lot of quests these days; making us run down there from the top of the Harbor all the time is ridiculous.. at the very least it deserves a Stormreach Teleporter. And yes, you can access a bank, mail, and a quick trip to your guild airship by popping into the Saltmarsh Tavern, but you can't get back. I'd rather have the tavern in Saltmarsh dump you back in the GG and have a guild airship portal or teleporter there: more universally useful.
Likewise, you can scoot over to Borderlands from Korthos after TR to hit the bank.. but you can't bind on your airship that way, so unless they make soul binding persist through TR, an airship access is a more useful option.

Last edited:

Visik

It would make sense for airship access to only be active on Korthos' Sunny side: Until the dragon is driven off, no airship would dare the trip any more than would a sailing ship.

But I agree entirely: Korthos and Gatekeeper Grove both deserve airship access.
GG is a hub for a lot of quests these days; making us run down there from the top of the Harbor all the time is ridiculous.. at the very least it deserves a Stormreach Teleporter. And yes, you can access a bank, mail, and a quick trip to your guild airship by popping into the Saltmarsh Tavern, but you can't get back. I'd rather have the tavern in Saltmarsh dump you back in the GG and have a guild airship portal or teleporter there: more universally useful.
Likewise, you can scoot over to Borderlands from Korthos after TR to hit the bank.. but you can't bind on your airship that way, so unless they make soul binding persist through TR, an airship access is a more useful option.
Holy whatever, Batman.. they actually did it! There's now both a Stormreach Teleporter AND a Guild Ship access in the Gatekeeper Grove!!

seph1roth5

An airship would also be really nice, though it might be hard to justify an eleborate airship tower in a small village on an island. If they can make it work I'd be all for it, however!
Maybe it's time we got guild boats ;)
First, realism is a horrible way to balance things. Second, this is d&d, could just say a wizard did it. THIRD, you don't need an actual airship building, could just be a table or something like in RL. Or a person like the djinni in feywild (efreeti?).

Visik

Holy whatever, Batman.. they actually did it! There's now both a Stormreach Teleporter AND a Guild Ship access in the Gatekeeper Grove!!
This means that after TR, one can head to the Keep on the Borderlands, exit to Gatekeeper's Grove, and then to one's Guild Ship to get buffs and bind before the grind. :) Should be quite a bit quicker than the boat to the Harbor and the run up the hill. But at any rate, it's another option.

DDO Gaming

I'd like to see a bank in Korthos, so you can quickly access your gear after TR'ing instead of having to port to the harbour/borderlands, run to the bank and port back.
It would probably only make sense to have it on the sunny side and to fit in it could maybe be placed on the docks as like something who sails back and forth.
or you can go to the keep on the borderlands. even if you lack the expansion pack I think you can still teleport inside the main keep

Visik

or you can go to the keep on the borderlands. even if you lack the expansion pack I think you can still teleport inside the main keep
You may have failed to read the comment to which you replied: "... instead of having to port to the harbour/borderlands...."

Dude

Only from those foolish enough to stick their necks out to make comments. :)
RGgukq5E6HB5EAogzTRgHTXbcGRCDbzCNV1nFzvE94XeTBoHXfGBfdtV1pu4U8tPUXnz1P6EHmLVD2P6t7mA3keVrXspS3KBGHrWtKccca9Ssq4MzBNY6Mh5N1tNNHU