barbarian gear

Refutor

is there anything better than dread set and dreadstalker? i tried to make the temple's inferno set work (because of those sweet sweet goggles) but i ended up missing out on 15% artifact doublestrike.

Tronko

is there anything better than dread set and dreadstalker? i tried to make the temple's inferno set work (because of those sweet sweet goggles) but i ended up missing out on 15% artifact doublestrike.
Hey. The short answer is no. Flameguard lenses, being a great item, can be used with an augment set.

Grunndi

Had basically the same question so figured I’d just bump this thread.

What kind of gear set ups are people using for Barbs now? Either pure or 18/1/1. I’m contemplating an 18/1/1 dwarf w/Hammers (because I like TYWA dwarves, that’s why it’s not a razorclaw lol, and yes I know it’ll be lower DPS)

My initial thoughts were:

3pc Devils dance (light armor, DPS helm/cloak)
5pc dino (1 weapon, artifact ring, sky ring, kopru bracers, Lindals belt)
Tinkerers eyes/hands (to cover seeker/deception, set is redundant with devils)
Battleworn medal/tentacle
Deepsnow boots (since Con to Damage and I have +8PRR/MRR ones, could swap to Thorn for a Str based)
Raptor neck (I’ve got this nicely boosted/cursed and I find swapping too clunky for the proc)
Pestle/Whelm 2nd weapon.

Has enough items for 2 Aug sets. Which for me would be %HP and either Sneak dice or Helpless Dam.

Can swap trinket for % absorbs (can put 2 on a GoMF), and swap gloves for Spell Absorb.

Last edited:

Cyran

I throw my gear set in, since it a little different then what I see most people running. Truthfully if I raided more I probably switch back to Dread+Dino and using AUG sets to get the missing artifacts bonus but I don't raid a lot so getting 3 of the same raid items it not something that I current interested in working toward so I came up with gear that did not use any aug sets. I actually only using 3 raids items Legendary Fabricator's Bracers, Legendary Fabricator's Gauntlets and Attuned Dino Weapon. Having 130 MRR instead of 100 MRR with light armor I do find help survivability some but I probably would sacrifice it for the extra DPS if I had some aug sets available to me.

Helmet: Legendary University Sentry's Helm
Goggles: Legendary Eternal Flameguard's Lenses
Necklace: Legendary Raptor Teeth Necklace
Cloak: Legendary University Duelist's Cloak
Bracers: Legendary Fabricator's Bracers (Quality Con)
Gloves: Legendary Fabricator's Gauntlets (Quality Str)
Belt: Legendary Belt of Black Sands
Boots: Legendary Magma Waders
Ring 1: Legendary The Flame and the Frost
Ring 2: Dino Bone Ring
Trinket: Legendary Red Raptor Feather (switch too Legendary Severed Tentacle before raging)
Armor: Legendary University Bulkwark's Reinforced Shirt
Weapon: Attuned Dino

Sets
Devil's Infernal Dance (Artifact ability scores, double strike, fort bypass, Melee power)
Temple Inferno (artifact helpless Damage)
Fastidious Fabricator (Artifact MRR, MRR Cap)
Dread isle's Curse (Profane Melee Power, PRR, Abilty score, hit and damage)

I not going to list all my augs but if there something missing and there a aug or dino aug for it then I probably slotted it.

Lopnel

Join me on my discord. I post builds regularly and take build requests. I also play as a Reaper 10 Barbarian and will gladly show off my very expensive Barbarian gear set. You can find a link on my twitch leading to discord... just have discord open and ready.

Grunndi

I throw my gear set in, since it a little different then what I see most people running.

Cool set. I definitely like to see less common things being used.

Do you find the extra hate gen from the Fabricators item to be problematic? I know I try to keep my hate gen at -100% for my Barb sets (usually just -30 from SD, -20 Dark Diversion Aug, -50 treachery filli).

Cyran

Cool set. I definitely like to see less common things being used.

Do you find the extra hate gen from the Fabricators item to be problematic? I know I try to keep my hate gen at -100% for my Barb sets (usually just -30 from SD, -20 Dark Diversion Aug, -50 treachery filli).

The group I usually run R10's in unfortunately don't have a real tank at the moment so for our strategy me having Argo generally the best outcome. For large group I usually get them close together for casters to CC them and for Dooms uncanny 30 seconds usually enough time to kill them so it works out fine even if having a real tank would make things easier. When I do raids through, yes it can be a issue and if I see my self pulling argo from tank I will switch it out. Depends who tanking through some tanks will still be able to hold argo fine.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

dread stalker is arguably the best set in the game not because the set is good but because you can get dino armor with fragment of extraplanar shadow and goldfang for +2 SA dice. the customizations on the armor/helm are also good, and personally I use the regular dread stalker cloak because it rocks. in terms of the set bonus id argue its worse than devils dance because it doesn't have fort bypass which is really important, but devils dance doesn't have the dino bone exclusive SA dice/profane doublestrike

Scrag

dread stalker is arguably the best set in the game not because the set is good but because you can get dino armor with fragment of extraplanar shadow and goldfang for +2 SA dice. the customizations on the armor/helm are also good, and personally I use the regular dread stalker cloak because it rocks. in terms of the set bonus id argue its worse than devils dance because it doesn't have fort bypass which is really important, but devils dance doesn't have the dino bone exclusive SA dice/profane doublestrike
Maybe so, but you have to have 1. raid armor, 2. raid aug. Raid armor is like 1250 runes, but the aug is 2500 runes. Devils dance is all standard drop gear. :) Dread is only a better choice if you have the raid armor and raid aug, and/or have the time to farm for those. Plus the cost of dino crafting on top.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Maybe so, but you have to have 1. raid armor, 2. raid aug. Raid armor is like 1250 runes, but the aug is 2500 runes. Devils dance is all standard drop gear. :) Dread is only a better choice if you have the raid armor and raid aug, and/or have the time to farm for those. Plus the cost of dino crafting on top.
correct, and most of the people who recommend these things (at least to me) assume everybody has all the raid gear. sad world we live in

Grunndi

Definitely something to consider. It’s usually possible to cap doublestrike without that 3% profane. So for me it comes down to looking at the whole Tetris picture.

I find most Dread Stalker based sets I make end up missing Quality Deception and Seeker, which is probably very close to 2 sneak dice.

Plus the duelists cloak is just absolutely amazing.

correct, and most of the people who recommend these things (at least to me) assume everybody has all the raid gear. sad world we live in
I mean I like to see the best possibility assuming really good raid gear. I don’t have a million runes, or bank toons with every item in the game, but I don’t switch builds often (been on my current one about 6months), so I have no problem spending a month farming gear for the next life.

Last edited: