Blight Caster and Dark Hunter - pets

Lilir

Twig blight would be amazing on blight caster please.

Dark Hunter wolf - could do with having it work like druid or arti pets so you can res x3 rather than losing them if you can't find soulstone easily.

Upvote 0

ForeverZero

1. Long as its not a needle blight idc. Needle blight ptsd is real.

2. I'd be fine with this.

on a side note maybe looking into better more fun uses of pets would be nice. They can be so much more than they are. I like the dark wolf ideas. Fort bypass. They get imbue dice. Ect. Does it work though? Idk.

Gunguz

I gave DH a whirl and was unimpressed with the pets. Actually, I found the pet provided more aggravation than enjoyment. Ended up pulling all my points out of DH (save sneak attack and some other spot choices), loaded most of my points into Tempest and Racial tree.

Could be just me though, outside of DDO, I'm accustomed to having more control over pet objects. For example, I many want my pet to attack a specific target, and like the hireling AI, my only options are passive, aggressive, or defend me. IMO, that makes the pet not very useful or interesting. Instead, I'm either tanking and letting the thing nip at the heals of what ever mobs have me on their hate list, or it's on aggressive and I'm constantly picking up its soul stone.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I gave DH a whirl and was unimpressed with the pets. Actually, I found the pet provided more aggravation than enjoyment. Ended up pulling all my points out of DH (save sneak attack and some other spot choices), loaded most of my points into Tempest and Racial tree.

Could be just me though, outside of DDO, I'm accustomed to having more control over pet objects. For example, I many want my pet to attack a specific target, and like the hireling AI, my only options are passive, aggressive, or defend me. IMO, that makes the pet not very useful or interesting. Instead, I'm either tanking and letting the thing nip at the heals of what ever mobs have me on their hate list, or it's on aggressive and I'm constantly picking up its soul stone.
Not . . . exactly.

Target a mob and see what happens to the pet hot bar.

ForeverZero

I was simiarly in same boat i did some dh for a while and it was good but assassin is better. Dh is essentially "budget assassin" its got niches and such but its all in all a worse asssassin. Though admittedly they make up for it imo by being ranger and having access to tempest tree.

Conclusion for me is DH is alright. Not great, not bad. But pets in general are in similar boat to hirelings gotta know how to use them. They're
not gonna replace legitimate players, nor are they suppose to.

Not . . . exactly.

Target a mob and see what happens to the pet hot bar.
This.
Was gonna say this but you beat me to it.