Boss immune to Damage / friends in low places

Col Kurtz

Done this quest a ton over the years(prob the lynchpin that got me to swap to a AOE caster)
But, today while fighting the boss..he went 100% immune to damage
-at 1st I thought it was Lag, but by the time I got down to 500 spell points and all his lackeys were dead, I knew something was weird.
- He seemed to have cast what looked like Radiant Forcefield and was immune to all my spells..force/sonic/cold
-I ended up d dooring back to hit a shrine with 100 spell points left
- Gamble paid off > he was at the end gate when I returned (with a small mob) and I finished him quickly.

Anyone else ever see this happen? with him totally immune to damage temporarily? wiki says nothing about him having that ability.

Drunken.dx

They changed the fight. Every 25% Boss HP you now HAVE to clear the adds.
Steel is mad at me on discord because I called that "red DA in boss fight bugfix" worse than it was before.
In my defense, I HATE when bosses have invulnerable phases.
that shadar kai quest is also due to such fix, gonna be fun when boss starts flipping switches while invulnerable

I understand that instand DA was bad and with new DA->mobs tougher unavoidable ones are bad, but SSG pulled it on themselves with their obsession with mob zerg rushes, better fix would be putting couple orange named ads with some nasty abilities. (example, I found hero skeleton in borderlands mino quest quite a nasty surprise compared to rest of mobs in that pack, maybe go from there?)

Col Kurtz

thing thats messed up> if you did not read the update, it was easy to end up blowing the quest in that end battle, especially if solo.

i happened to notice what was going on and made a plan as my spell points went down- but , i had no idea it was related to the mobs>so naturally you pike the boss away from the mobs as the battle seemed to turn against you. And, of course I had the archers cc'd/ is this the way they plan to nerf casters? by making our CC partly useless.

Dragavon

I did FILP last weekend.

I started that fight as usual, saw the boss's shield come up, and noticed I did not do any damage to it. Swapped to attacking adds and saw the boss shield dissapear. Killed boss and finished quest.
The fight took me maybe 10 seconds more than it would have without the change. I do not see a problem here :sleep:

Col Kurtz

I did FILP last weekend.

I started that fight as usual, saw the boss's shield come up, and noticed I did not do any damage to it. Swapped to attacking adds and saw the boss shield dissapear. Killed boss and finished quest.
The fight took me maybe 10 seconds more than it would have without the change. I do not see a problem here :sleep:
thou art so big, so absolutely huge, gosh we're all really impressed down here:)

Notadrizztvariant

thing thats messed up> if you did not read the update, it was easy to end up blowing the quest in that end battle, especially if solo.

i happened to notice what was going on and made a plan as my spell points went down- but , i had no idea it was related to the mobs>so naturally you pike the boss away from the mobs as the battle seemed to turn against you. And, of course I had the archers cc'd/ is this the way they plan to nerf casters? by making our CC partly useless.
the boss keeps telling you non-stop his friends have to go down first.

Col Kurtz

the boss keeps telling you non-stop his friends have to go down first.
that's a good tip/for those that have npc text active on the chat tab .ty

though,it really makes no sense the Dev's needed to update the quest ending ...dont they still have real things to fix and update?

Drunken.dx

that's a good tip/for those that have npc text active on the chat tab .ty

though,it really makes no sense the Dev's needed to update the quest ending ...dont they still have real things to fix and update?
Actually, update WAS needed, because if you DPS-ed boss fast enough you'd get instant red alert, which is bad, both for players and servers.

TBH there were better options for fix, but Steel apparently asked flimsy for advice on how to fix that issue.

Col Kurtz

Actually, update WAS needed, because if you DPS-ed boss fast enough you'd get instant red alert, which is bad, both for players and servers.

TBH there were better options for fix, but Steel apparently asked flimsy for advice on how to fix that issue.
interesting,ty

I guess I forgot about when I used to melee, and soloing that quest on elite was near impossible due to massive lag when all those archers spawned in.

Honestly, i never really liked most of that quest specifically because of the massive archer spams. Eventually i found a way to deal with it.

Archers are way overdone in DDO...and that last pass was NOT for the players, it was for the enemies> very difficult to sidestep their volleys now...and since when do real archers reload so fast they are near machine gun fire rate;)

They use Longshanks tactics and shoot while their allies are in melee.