Bound Tomes

Tremes

Here is an idea. How about letting us feed those worthless tomes that you get every life from favor rewards to our weapons. That way at least they would be of some use to us that do not do Cannith Crafting. I mean what better way to give some purpose to tomes that would otherwise just take up inventory or bank space. And that would also include skill tomes.

Gimp-1

Well if you crunch the tomes into purified shards they do take up much less space. I just wish they would let us crunch all bound to account tomes to shards. I give away to guildies all my unbound tomes.

Last edited:

Tremes

Well if you crunch the tomes into purified shards they do take up much less space. I just wish they would let us crunch all bound to account tomes to shards. I give away to guildies all my unbound tomes.
I know you can crunch them to shards, but I do not do Cannith Crafting, so they are worthless. What I am proposing is to let us feed them to our sentient items. At least that way it would be of some use.

I suggest 100 sent xp per level of the tome. +1 tome of Strength = 100 sent xp. +2= 200 etc. That would be more beneficial for all of us that do not craft.

CBDunk

I know you can crunch them to shards, but I do not do Cannith Crafting, so they are worthless. What I am proposing is to let us feed them to our sentient items.

Sell the purified dragonshards on the shard exchange. Use the Astral Shards you get from doing so to buy 1000 sentient XP items.

Not as efficient as what you are suggesting, but it gets there with the existing systems.

Silverfox

Sell the purified dragonshards on the shard exchange. Use the Astral Shards you get from doing so to buy 1000 sentient XP items.

Not as efficient as what you are suggesting, but it gets there with the existing systems.
420px-Cannith-Purified-Eberron-Dragonshard-Fragment-desc.png

Clearly impossible to sell

CBDunk

Huh, my bad. I thought I remembered them being unbound. Oh well.

Ah, it's the OTHER Eberron dragonshard types that are unbound... and can be converted to purified shards.

I knew I used to buy them on the auction hall back before I got so many from tomes.

Last edited:

droid327

Because if they introduced this functionality, in the next patch after you fed all your tomes to your weapons, they'd suddenly let you convert PEDs to XP pots or something cool

Driaza

I agree the 1750 bound to account +2 Tome is basically worthless for those on the TR train and would be in favour of having another option linked to their usage / conversion but this would be way down on my list of priorities

May as well implement a universal conversion mechanism

There are 1000s of ingredients, pack ingredients, skill tomes, filigrees, augments, etc etc so implement a means of breaking down everything into [insert clever word for magic dust] which can then be reconstituted into whatever ingredient you need

Onyxia2016

I just wish Nyx would have an option to take the dragon shards you get for the +2 tomes. You can't even use them on an alt since they are BtC
Would save a run to the crafting hall at least

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
As someone with maxed unbound crafting, believe me when I say I crunch those favor tomes for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments. End game items Crafted for friend require quite a few of them lol.

I'm just sad I couldn't crunch my 7.5k +8 Tome =( Litterally had to destroy it 'cuz it was BTC and couldn't do anything with it.