Bring Darkness / First Blood question

Zedira

Hello all,

i have a question regarding Bring Darkness from Shadowdancer and its working with the First Blood Feat.
DDO wiki and DDOBuilder have slightly different wording for Bring Darkness then the game version of it.

DDO Wiki: When you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying the Darkness debuff. If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies the Darkness debuff, and First Blood now triggers on Harmful Spellcasts. Darkness: The target is no longer immune to Sneak Attacks. -3 Spell Resistance, -3 Physical Resistance Rating and -3 Magical Resistance Rating per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 3 stacks.

Ingame: When you roll a natural 20 on a Melee or Ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying a stack of Darkness.
If you have the Feat First Blood, it now triggers off of your harmful spellcasts, and when it procs, it also applies a stack of Darkness.
Darkness debuff: You are vulnerable to Sneak Attaks, -3 Spell Resistance, -3 PRR and -3 MRR per stack.
Lasts 12 seconds, stack drop 1 at a time. Max 3 stacks.

As you can see, the ddo wiki version would allow me to attack in ranged (with my Bow) and when First Blood triggers, it would also trigger Bring Darkness. Taking care of sneak attack immunity, thats neat.
And i think that it worked "long" ago that way. I cant find changes to Bring Darkness in Shadowdancer in any release notes, but havent checked that seriously.
If the ingame version only applys Bring Darkness on Spells with First Blood then i should avoid wasting a Featslot.
So, can someone pls check this out? Or our dear Devs could enlighten us? (And perhaps our friends from DDO wiki need to change the description from Bring Darkness if ingame version is correct)

Thank you for your time

Zedira

Ying

5000+ hours played
If no one can confirm before Lam Preview 4 in a few weeks, that's always an option.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Just tested this:

Without First Blood and just Bring Darkenss (Shadow Dancer T4), I only trigger Darkness debuff on a roll of 20 (Vorpal) when using a ranged weapon. Did not test with melee, but presumed to work given the ranged works to apply the Darkness debuff.

With First Blood and Bring Darkness, I can trigger Darkness debuff with a spell that deals damage, or on a roll of 20 (Vorpal) with a ranged weapon.

In addition to this, tests confirm that the First Blood Epic Destiny Feat only works with melee attacks (including unarmed) and that the Darkness debuff with First Blood, only works with a damaging spell. Neither melee triggering the damage portion, nor ranged which doesn't trigger the damage portion, applies a Darkness debuff onto a target unless if you rolled a 20 (Vorpal).

So unfortunately, no, you will not be able to trigger and apply a Darkness debuff onto a target by gaining First Blood and then shooting a target to debuff them I'm afraid.

J1NG