bug abuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

vryxnr

LGS Ender set also looks like Finger of Death when it procs, and afaik has no limit on targets at once (though I'd be surprised if someone is still using that).

Also, Doom reapers don't have some mystical ability that requires multiple hits to take hem down. They have HP, and if you do enuogh damage to reduce that HP to 0, they die. Ruin is a pure damage ability for single targets, and can do things like this.

Basically, need more info. The OP/Report is super SUPER vague and doesn't narrow things down very well, even for a dev, to be able to figure out what the bug actually is, other than "caster OP".

Lazuli

Some people are abusing spellcasters right now in that way. From what I understand and saw, they use an aoe spell first like delayed fire ball or meteor swarm followed by another spell. This second spell works on every mob that got hit by the first spell. I have seen aoe finger of death, aoe trap the soul and even aoe ruins on Khyber by some LD players. I won't name them though unless a dev asks me to name them. Seems like people on Argo do it too now.
If this is true it should be fixed. But sending bug reports is enough, starting a forum topic about "that guy" doesn't seem productive.

Although I have used single target spells after AoE spells and have never seen such a thing, something else has to be involved for that to work.

davidcysero

I'm very skeptical because if there was a bug for this, people would be using it and I've never seen it.

As I said, Mass Frog has the same death animation as Finger of Death, you might be confusing it.

I really don't think you can identify a trap soul cheat just by looking at the player, the animation is not distinctive, and as you have been told, if such a thing has happened to the occam's razor, it says more that there were trap soul items involved.

If there is a bug, well, the devs should investigate it and stop it, but that seems like it can be explained without cheats.
explain aoe trap the soul then? he used it on a pack of mobs then lots of soul gems drops in ground XD

• Wow
Reactions: DBZ

Unuys

I'm very skeptical because if there was a bug for this, people would be using it and I've never seen it.

As I said, Mass Frog has the same death animation as Finger of Death, you might be confusing it.

I really don't think you can identify a trap soul cheat just by looking at the player, the animation is not distinctive, and as you have been told, if such a thing has happened to the occam's razor, it says more that there were trap soul items involved.

If there is a bug, well, the devs should investigate it and stop it, but that seems like it can be explained without cheats.
No. I have seen it in action and nothing is WAI there. Mass frog is close ranged, and they do aoe trap the soul and finger of death from afar. Also if you look closely it's very obvious what they are doing. Like I said it's an aoe spell first followed by another spell second. How exactly they are doing it I don't know. Seems like they replace the dmg from the first spell with the effect of another spell. It's the same for Magic missles + Ruin that one shots dooms. Seems like ruin replaces the magic missles otherwise I can't explain what is happening.

Reactions: DBZ

vryxnr

Exploiters abuse the game with no consequesnces all players suffer for it
I would like exploiters to be banned/punished and the exploits fixed. I know that describing how to do an exploit is forbidden on these forums, but my issue is that the OPs report is so vague that it seriously sounds more like a misunderstanding of what is happening than an actual bug being exploited. If it indeed is a bug being exploited it should be squashed ASAP imo. But that is just my opinion.

edit: when things like this come up, I much prefer to err on the side of caution and skepticism, because forming an angry mob and accusing people of being guilty before investigating the facts is abhorrent to me and has caused much more damage to innocent people than naught.

DBZ

Post them on youtube and other forums maybe facebook and reddit

Then come here post all the links

vryxnr

I took screenshots, but what do I do with them
fill out an official report (not a forum post) and include the screenshot there so the devs can actually see and take action without you inadvertently breaking forum rules by naming/shaming or detailing exploits.

mikarddo

Also, Doom reapers don't have some mystical ability that requires multiple hits to take hem down. They have HP, and if you do enuogh damage to reduce that HP to 0, they die. Ruin is a pure damage ability for single targets, and can do things like this.

I am not so sure GRuin can one-shot a R10 Doom no matter what *within* the rules.

Unlike other spells or other damage effects the effect of Ruin/Gruin is completely predictable, so its max is easily calculated.

1000 dmg base * 25 (2400 spell power all included, I doubt anyone can get and much less go above that) * 4 (´+200 crit damage mult, again I doubt anyone can get that high) * 3 (thats +200% from buffs and debuffs which I dont believe is achieveable even stacking Ash, Ooze, Vuln etc) * 0.106 * 2 (force + elemental) (reaper 10 penalty)

That is a respectable 63k damage as the absolute maximum (and likely not even achieveable, more realistic is probably 40k).

Assuming cap quests - from what I can find Dooms have around 60k hp, so it *might* be possible but you need what I would consider to be impossible stats (crazy/impossibly spell power, spell crit AND debuffs for both force and fire).

Based on those numbers I would say its not possible to one-shot a Doom in cap quests.

Without any debuffs and with significanly lower spellpower and crit mult I did just below 5k (force didnt crit and fire did) with GRuins (not on a Doom though) for reference - which looks about right.

I am sure somewith will correct my calculations if I made a mistake which I applaud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.