Bug: VKF rapid slash works for all weapons

Ahpuch

My defense is to not publicly post exploits that allows the rest of the player base to benefit while waiting for it to be fixed.
Ah. Thanks for clarifying. Your previous post didn't make that clear and it seemed like you were ok with exploiting the bug as long as it was just you:

You just can't let players have any fun. I would use explicit language but unfortunately the forums have specific rules.

Good thing I've got a whole list of bugs I'm exploiting until people figure it out. I've reported dozens without responses or fixes so I'm done trying.

Good luck with your 20 seconds of fame.

Edrein

What is nice about it? If it's so nice, why not make the argument that it should become an intended feature? No, it's dumb and bad for the game.
To be fair, 20% doublestrike is nice for everyone. The problem is the balance headache it creates.

I'm honestly surprised it's stayed at a value of 20% since the release of vistani, I expected it would have gotten nerfed a long time ago.

Shear-buckler

Yeah, because it's in a follow up statement. That's my original first post, not my previous post. I'm not okay with publicly posting major bugs that allow players to abuse them until they are fixed. I am okay with abusing them if you let people know without making it public knowledge. People abuse things all the time and keep it to themselves to refrain from it being fixed. There's huge bugs lying around everywhere-they obviously can't get to them all but i've got a list of a solid 50-60 bugs that I just use because they're handy. I've reported them numerous amounts of times, so has other people that i've informed, and yet they haven't fixed the issues, and they're major. So yeah, i'm okay using and abusing, making it public is not something I condone.

^^

Why do you deserve to abuse bugs but others not?

Reactions: DBZ

Bjond

Heh. Thanks for reporting it, but now I feel obligated to make use of it and my current melee builds are so tight I probably don't have the AP to do so. :(

BTW, why all the whinging? There is patently no such thing as an "exploit" when the company does not post a list of bugs or even provide examples of "bad things" to not do. From a practical standpoint, unless what you're doing impacts sales (eg. dup'ing or exploiting extra DDO points or the like), they're not going to go ham and ban you; they'll just fix it.

If you want to be extra safe, report it. If they don't fix it by the next patch cycle that means they don't think it's important enough to fix. This is like the Aborea "bug" that was around for at least 5yrs; long enough that using it was literally expected / standard-practice. If/when they care enough, they'll fix it. Until then, knock yourself out.

Chai

The student that just got 115/100 due to also nailing all the extra credit questions just reminded the teacher they said they would grade this one on a curve. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Darksteel

I'm honestly surprised it's stayed at a value of 20% since the release of vistani, I expected it would have gotten nerfed a long time ago.
Its not a big deal as most melees are building for permanent max doublestrike anyways. This one you need to keep spamming every 8 seconds.

Edrein

Its not a big deal as most melees are building for permanent max doublestrike anyways. This one you need to keep spamming every 8 seconds.
Oh I agree. It's just we saw a lot of stat squish happen, yet somehow this single enhancement made it through unscathed. With a comparatively large bonus, albeit to now two niche weapon choices.

Col Kurtz

ah yes so Dealing 1.4 Million dmg with a single Gruin is Just a "beneficial bug"
ah...i was asking how someone was killing Raid Bosses in 3-4 shots on high difficulty a few weeks ago.

I don't like cheats but, with how few raids get run now a days I wouldn't mind being 'in' on that one...
...feel free to shoot me a PM ;) i'll be sure to cremate the message after reading.

right now i think im doin about 80k... damage. #s say around 40k but, those bosses with 150k hp's are dying pretty fast...maybe 2 cycles of spells on the hotbar

Shear-buckler

I never said I deserve to. I just don't mention it to others, but I report it. I found this out the second those changes went live because they usually break those kind of things. I could tell you another one, but dare I? no. The more widespread, the more it gets fixed :unsure:
So why don't you condone making the bugs public if that's the best way to get them fixed?

Shear-buckler

How serious do you want me to be? Oh I guess I'll be really serious and make myself look like a fool.

This team is small and don't typically fix major bugs in quick time. But, with the countless bug reports posted both private and public, still a lot of them remain untouched. The two frequent communications from the development team, both Cocomajobo (left) and Lich (has been quiet) did a very solid job with the development of this game. Unfortunately, without frequent access to communication it makes this game difficult. There's no longer a dev talk after Coco stopped playing this game so active feedback during Lamannia is hard. They say they read everything, but they really don't seem to read everything. I have posted so much information and reason(s) that things need either nerfing or buffing, and they either don't respond or respond with minimal information such as "The team has decided that this value would be problematic being altered."

It doesn't make sense, there's no numbers, no reasonable communication of feedback. I think I have seen some of them come out of the shadows, but for the most part a lot of the feedback feels foreign or left on read, and no active notifications about what they're doing to improve or change the game. Silent buffs that don't make patch notes are annoying, I've seen them and they continue to get worse. I obviously don't condone buffing or changing stats without notifying players.

TL;DR The developers are providing little to no communication and it seems like they ignore feedback.

If a developer wants to comment and say they read feedback, feel free. It won't change my opinion. There's my reasoning I won't provide information to the developers, they don't provide information to the players.

That being said, I'm always open to helping players even if it portrays I'm grumpy. I'm not. I'm sick of the team and it's low communication or miscommunications. I have more to post, but I'm out of town currently. Once I get home, can post more and also open to an active conversation in my DM's if you wish to continue this back and fourth communication.
So you want to keep beneficial bugs quiet to stick it to the devs?

Also, there are lots of changes from feedback on every lammania cycle and many changes that end up on lammania have started as requests from players.

Shear-buckler

I'm not sure how privately reporting bugs is considered "sticking it to the devs"

You just said you didn't provide info to the devs because they don't provide info to you:

There's my reasoning I won't provide information to the developers, they don't provide information to the players.

Isn't that "sticking it to the devs"?

I still report them but it doesn't resolve the issues. I don't publicly support or condone posting bugs, especially in the wrong section, because then a large array of players can use or abuse until it's fixed. Doesn't make it fix any faster.

What is wrong with a large array of players knowing about the bug? Why should only the few "in the know" get to reap the benefits?

You just said that it gets fixed faster if more players are using it:

The more widespread, the more it gets fixed

Shear-buckler

Not properly clarified, was tired and out of town. That was towards feedback on Lamannia. So, no. It's not. Imagine if you posted a duping exploit, not the same thing, but there's a reason not a lot of people should know it. Also, once again, was tired- I just meant the more that use it, the more it's abused.

If they already know about it, 12838128931893 players using it doesn't change the speed for it being fixed.

Kyrr said:
The more widespread, the more it gets fixed
You just said that it gets fixed faster if more players are using it:

This right here is taken out of context. Good job, this is why I don't log onto the forums. That quote was towards MY personal knowledge of bugs that I don't report. If I tell someone, then they tell someone, then that person tells someone, etc etc.

Maybe you should not attack me for taking a post out of context in the same post that you explain that yuor previous posts were rushed and poorly written.

I am just trying to understand your position, that's all.

Ahpuch

This was fixed in the patch today. Not only that, now it has a separate animation which interrupts your attack and it is slow. Do you have any other bugs that benefits players to report?
In Shear's defense they couldn't know that SSG's only way of fixing this was to change the animation. No one outside of SSG would have known that the character would need to stop and visually ensure his weapons were daggers to get this to work correctly.

Last edited:

SunTzu

now it has a separate animation which interrupts your attack and it is slow.
Just another evidence that devs really hate assassins.
Shadowstrike has had that stupid long separate animation which interrupts attacks and slow.
And devs added another for now.