Buy/Sell overhaul

CBDunk

A handful of changes that would make a huge difference to the game economy;

1: Add filter and/or search to the Buy/Sell interface. At minimum, I'd like to be able to see just items with a particular bonus type (e.g. Reaper, Mythic, Fortune, etc), material type (e.g. Adamantine, Silver, Wood, et cetera), items with augment slots, items with slotted augments, items with sentient XP, items with filigrees, and items by type. Yes, I'd like those options in the bank, player inventory, and auction hall too... but one thing at a time.

2: Combine current 'vendors' and 'pawnbrokers'. Items sold to these 'venbrokers' would then be available for buy back by just the seller for the same period they can currently be retrieved from 'vendors'. After that, those items would then be available for purchase by anyone for the same period they can currently be bought from a 'pawnbroker'. Same functionalities we have now, just on one NPC instead of two.

3: Share inventories across all 'venbroker' shops. So instead of having to go to the particular shop an item was sold to you could buy it from ANY shop, or possibly any shop of the appropriate type. If still doing shop types, allow any item to be SOLD to any shop, but then require weapons to be purchased from weapon shops, armor from armor shops, general items from general shops, et cetera.

Basically, these changes would turn the VAST amount of stuff which is currently sold as 'junk' and lost to the ether into a huge pool of resources that people could actually search quickly and find useful options from. Having to look at each item individually and/or visit shops spread through multiple districts currently makes this completely implausible.

In game... the merchants finally got wise and contracted with House Sivis to keep lists of available goods and House Orien to distribute those lists and the goods once purchased. If they want to charge a fee, even something exorbitant like 100% of item price, for items not being 'bought back' or on stock locally (i.e. all the general gear 'vendors' sell currently) I doubt anyone would object.

Upvote 0

Ahpuch

A handful of changes that would make a huge difference to the game economy;

2: Combine current 'vendors' and 'pawnbrokers'. Items sold to these 'venbrokers' would then be available for buy back by just the seller for the same period they can currently be retrieved from 'vendors'. After that, those items would then be available for purchase by anyone for the same period they can currently be bought from a 'pawnbroker'. Same functionalities we have now, just on one NPC instead of two.

3: Share inventories across all 'venbroker' shops. So instead of having to go to the particular shop an item was sold to you could buy it from ANY shop, or possibly any shop of the appropriate type. If still doing shop types, allow any item to be SOLD to any shop, but then require weapons to be purchased from weapon shops, armor from armor shops, general items from general shops, et cetera.
If they added these two and also allowed you to sell when at Max Plat (throw the excess PP away) I would start looting chests again just in case someone had a use for stuff.

CBDunk

If they added these two and also allowed you to sell when at Max Plat (throw the excess PP away) I would start looting chests again just in case someone had a use for stuff.

That's the goal. Adjust the whole loot buy/sell system into something people will actually use;
  • A lot of people skip every chest except the end 'named loot' chest in a handful of quests they are looking for an item from.
  • People who DO still bother to loot 'junk' generally just sell it to the nearest vendor, because tracking down a pawnbroker for a few percentage more platinum isn't worth the extra time it would take. Let alone the time that would be required to LOOK at it all to sort out those few items that might be worth putting on the auction hall (e.g. a crystal weapon with two augment slots).
  • People who want to BUY specific items can't find them because there are no filtering options.

All of these things could be fixed with the few, relatively easy seeming, changes in the OP.