Can I get a cookie cutter SF build that is 20 PLD

Hireling

I have done a few SF lives before real life had me take about a 1 year break from the game.
I have extensive plans for Racial TRs and SF is a fast leveler.
I am not an elite player or anything, but I like having a workable AC etc.
Anyway I did a TWF/Handwraps SF and plan on maybe trying some Q-Staff SF.
Currently I have the following Enhancement Points allocated, but I will change it around on ETR/TR.
50 in Sacred Fist
13 in Sacred Defender (wanted the bonus 6 CON from hardy defense)
12 in Vistani for Haste Boost and Mist Stalker 2 and Quick Reflexes.
And the rest into Dragonborn. I have 6 Racial AP and put the remaining here for the Action Boost and Natural Armor.

Bonus AP, I have 6 Racial AP and 1 Extra Universal, thinking about buying the Special Vecna for another freebie.
I was wondering if it'd be worth it to take some from other trees for Harper for KTA. I am thinking I can drop some from SD and SF and Racial pretty easily and get KTA.
Also I could start with like a 12 INT instead of an 8 and lower other stats a little (not super concerned about stats as long as I start with maxed CHR on a SF and then enough STR or DEX to to get my preferred Weapon Choice).
I know gearing and allocating stats for KTA is pretty MAD, but I think it can help me out a bit on my DMG.

My biggest quest is: Can someone help me pick EDs and Feats? I think if doing Q-Staff I need to take that Religion Feat that lets me pick Q Staff for the Sacred Strike Enhancements to work. Though maybe I can not pick that feat and save that AP? Its essentially 10 AP for +7 DMG and +10 melee power. to pi

I am also clueless on which Epic Feats to use.

I have a few extra Epic Destiny points. And a bunch of past lives (I am generally play support (Cleric, FVS, BRD, Arty) or casters. SF is the first "melee" I have had moderate success playing unless you count a bunch of Swashbuckler and Warchanter or WF FVS (Soul Survivor builds).

I generally solo a lot and being able to handle R1 and Epic Elite is really the only build requirement.

Anyway any advice is welcome!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
So.. you're just gonna ..grind out 20 past-lives? Or have I misunderstood PLD

Hireling

Oh, PLD is short for Paladin.
In the pen and paper character maker from 3.5 Era, that was the short hand.
I will probably use Sacred Fist for a few racial PLs.
I will cycle between SF, Cleric, and Bard most likely. Will try a fleshy Arty as well. Have a ton of Warforged Artificer lives. Just tired of using the "wish for (random race) past life.

Reactions: dur

unbongwah

I was wondering if it'd be worth it to take some from other trees for Harper for KTA. I am thinking I can drop some from SD and SF and Racial pretty easily and get KTA.
If you have Horizon Walker, you can take No Step Missed instead. DEX is already a secondary stat for TWF pre-reqs, so it's better than having to divert points to INT. 14 APs gets you max NSM, Haste SLA, and a bit of extra damage from Mark Target.

droid327

The better option for SF is to go /1 fvs/1 monk. That gives you cheap Cha trance and access to QStaff Favored via Aureon FvS. Then you can just be Cha based for better heals and saves too.

unbongwah

Apart from the fact the OP said they wanted pure Sacred Fist, yes, splashing would be easier. Although if they really want to use staves, then they'll also want Quick Strike for the extra doublestrike, which requires monk (or rogue) 2.

Hireling

Yeah the split would probably be better, but was wanting to stay pure for thematic reasons.
I am doing the split with Horizon Walker and it seems pretty good (a pretty good tree...never really used it much).

Oh the main reason I wanted to try a Pure Sacred Fist (doing one life as Handwraps and one life as Staff) is that I want to see how strong it is. Then will try an 18/1/1 or maybe 15/4/1 or something staff built. Just wanted to see what I was missing.

droid327

Ok here's a pitch for pure fist...

T5 rad serv capstone sac fist, 6 in defender. Thfx3, icb, dodge mob wwa, and quicken in epic

Youre giving up offense like trance and haste boost, but you get heal aura and cc breaker that will let you basically run through ee-r1 god mode. Aura should trigger the new EA mantle reactive heal too for epic

The ability to go zerg mode and not die should make up for the lost situational dps. Quicken should be part of any pure fist build too for spamming explosion

Hireling

I will give that a shot too.
I will almost be playing it like aa Sorc with super high AC and saves then?

droid327

I will give that a shot too.
I will almost be playing it like aa Sorc with super high AC and saves then?

Yeah itd be a lot of zerging in and ex smite, spamming two wwa and explosion on cd, lotus, tumble back and hit wave. Heal aura should keep your EA fire aura active all the time too so spec some fire spell power in your gear

Between ac, saves, dodge, and all the passive healing, you shouldn't need to active heal much, but you'll have a good cure mod sla too if you do.

Hireling

Just an update...still enjoying this build a ton. I definitely prefer the Q Staff version more.
Going to try Droid's Radiant Servant variant see if I can use that Exalted Angel Fire Aura.

Hireling

I have been using Sacred Fist for racials, but I think I am going to do some sort of Sacred Fist+ Favored Soul + Monk for actual Sacred Fist past lives for Tabaxi Trailblazer. Or may do a 18SF/1FVS/1FTR for PDK and SF PL. Just need to figure out which Heroic PLs I need vs Iconic PLs.
Anyway thinking I can use these to check out Pure vs Splits.
I definitely feel like I know/understand Sacred Fist now, so I can better understand what I gain vs what I lose by staying pure or multi-classing.

Sneakywink

The better option for SF is to go /1 fvs/1 monk. That gives you cheap Cha trance and access to QStaff Favored via Aureon FvS. Then you can just be Cha based for better heals and saves too.
One Rogue would get you stacking 15% attack speed with staffs. So 18Fist/1FvS/1Rog would also work.

Tilomere

If you are leveling in r1 just build anything. If you are going for higher reaper probably want to make a ranged in leather.

SF doesn't have the mobility, dodge, or CC to melee in cloth, and self-healing is reduced too much in reaper mode. That leaves you with a ranged build, so pure 20 leaves you as an inquisitor, vkf thrower, or HW. All of them are cookie cutter. SF sacred defender gives them competence % hp that doesn't require med/heavy armor, so you will be a bit lower dps, higher tankyness ranged build, which makes sense for a paladin. There's no need to be centered for any of them, leather armor will work fine and you will be decently fast as a ranged should be.

Having built in healing means you can get 3 EDs with -%threat (SD, FS, Shiradi, epic quiver of alacrity) and be threatless. % competence hp means you won't have initial aggro either which targets lowest hp persons, so you won't be able to pull aggro unless everyone else is dead or you intim so everything will ignore you. AA inferno shot will give you AoE. Have fun.

So 41 HW, 14 racial elf AA, 7 inferno shot, 13 SaD %hp, 7 SaF run speed, leaves 15 ap to play with

Last edited: