Can't attack for a couple seconds after using AoE ranged attacks with crossbows

MisterVan

Bug Report Number:
Here is a quick little recording to show what I mean: video
In the video, I am holding left click to keep attacking, then I use Shadowstrike (ranged). Afterward, my character stops attacking for about 2 full seconds before resuming.

In the past, this sort of issue has manifested as the ranged attacking having a really slow animation. However, in this case, the animation seems to be just fine, it merely locks up the character afterward from attacking.

What I know:
  • Reproduced issue with Shadowstrike (ranged) and Dire Shot
    • I initially thought it was any ranged attack that got changed, but the new Hunts End does not have this issue
  • Reproduced issue with Great Crossbow, Repeating Crossbow styles
    • Didn't bother grabbing a heavy/light crossbow, or inquisitive dual shooting, but it probably affects those styles too
  • When attacking is 'stalled' I can move around and do other things, just not attack
  • When attacking is 'stalled', tumbling can break out of the bad state
What I don't know:
  • Not 100% sure if it's specifically AoE ranged attacks, or maybe just ranged epic strikes. I don't have any heroic AoE ranged attacks on this character.
  • Didn't check bow/throwing styles to see if they're affected

If you encounter any additional instances of this kind of behavior, feel free to share.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I tried replicating the ~2s downtime on a 32 Ranger with every kind of crossbow using all AoE ranged epic strikes, but couldn't get the bug to show up. Weird. Maybe there's something in the above 2 videos that I'm missing (edit: might be race/sex related).
Reagardless, aggregating every single report on the relevant issues here:

1) Pin, Dire Shot, Arrow of Discord, Shadowstrike (Ranged): When fired from any kind of X-Bow, they all seem to occasionally make the user unable to attack for ~2 seconds. Unsure about the heroic non-bow AoE attacks (namely Shatter Defenses, Thunder-Shock Weapons, Exalted Shot, Avenging Shot, Devastating Shot, Divine Vessel). Bows and Throwing weapons seem to be unaffected.

2) Pin doesn't do damage or CC when fired via any kind of X-Bow (incl. Inquisitive).

3) The old Fey Countenance effect (+2 to saving throws vs. spells. Whenever you activate Pin or Beguiling Charm, enemies near you become fascinated for 12 seconds with no saving throw. Their saving throws vs. spells are also reduced by 2 for 12 seconds, even if the fascinate ends.) is still in effect when you take the new Shiradi Core 4, on top of the new effects. While fixing this, please keep in mind that you need to add something in Shiradi Cores 2 & 4 that's useful to casters, as right now there's nothing.

4) The CC from Otto's Whistler (Pin upgrade) only lasts 5 seconds, not 6 (easy to check via the debuff on enemies).

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I tried replicating the ~2s downtime on a 32 Ranger with every kind of crossbow using all AoE ranged epic strikes, but couldn't get the bug to show up.
It wasn't happening on 100% of shots, but the times it did have the animation 2s pause it was very noticeable. Could also be race/sex related as animations can be different based off that.

MisterVan

Mine was deep gnome, and I'm using Mechanic T5's which provide alacrity for all crossbow styles except dual-shooting. My results were the same between repeating and great crossbow.