Carrion Swarm save is "every few seconds". What it means ?

lppmor

So Carrion Swarm is getting a save. And the description says "every few seconds".
I think it's pretty important to know what "few seconds" mean.

Is the save every tick (2 seconds), so that only the spell application is guarateed? (will only be usefull for conjuration casters)
Is the save every 6 seconds, so that the DoT is guaranteed to tick at least 2-3 times? (will still be usefull for non-casters)

Has anyone tested this?

Tilomere

Carrion swarm is intended to be removed from ranged archtypes in order to provision them with ranged AoE attacks and not have them have a double set. Hence the (maximum DC fort recurring) save.

Last edited:

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

i have tested this, and the results are pretty interesting, but I'm not sure I will disclose them as it could be considered a bug and could get the ability nerfed further for 0 reason. I have probably said too much already.

lppmor

LOL.
I won't be suprised if now it will have recurring saves but no duration limit, thus lasting forever on high DC casters. :)

Blerkington

I'm pretty sure never commit to anything is on page 1 of the employee training manual. Then there are other games whose developers provide access to information and tools so the community can understand how the game really works, identify bugs and suggest improvements.