Chain End Rewards

Bheleram

You usually get some quite trashy under-level random loot for finishing a quest chain (with some exceptions of course).
Would seem more logical or at least more rewarding to include one random named item from the chain in the reward list.
Right now quest chain givers seem more like placeholders. Matter of fact, I'd rather sacrifice taking random loot rewards for each individual quest to get a guaranteed random named item at the end of a chain. You still get tons of random loot out of the chests while there is a decent possibility of getting no named items at all in one run (even on elite, even throughout the whole chain, at least in my experience).
One guaranteed random named drop wouldn't really break the "rarity" of the loot nor the desire of some players to reroll as the reward is still random. This end drop can be further restricted to "once per life per chain" so that it couldn't be heavily exploited.

Upvote 10

TeamScorpioRI

This used to be the standard back in the day (Gianthold) but SSG had moved away from it. Not sure why, but I would love to see it come back.

Clagor

Exactly this, it is very disappointing to see only some random loot in the chain end reward similar like in the quest end rewards.
There should be at least one random named item from the whole chain. Only then you are more excited collecting the chain end reward.

The Narc

They dont do it because people power zerg the chain on casual to get the chain end rewards.

I am guilty of it every hardcore for a select few end chain rewards for very little time invested and no risk

Aelonwy

They dont do it because people power zerg the chain on casual to get the chain end rewards.

I am guilty of it every hardcore for a select few end chain rewards for very little time invested and no risk
This^ plus they profit off Astral Shard Rerolls. I know we've asked for at least a single random named item from the entire chain on the chain end reward before and still been told NO. No way someone would rerun a whole chain for a random single chance at the particular item for which they are looking but it would be a very nice "Thank you, for spending your time to complete an entire series!" For sentient xp if nothing else. Getting crappy random loot on a chain reward is so contemptuously lame. My cynical side says they might do it only if they could add an astral shard reroll to the chain end reward.

Silverfox

This^ plus they profit off Astral Shard Rerolls. I know we've asked for at least a single random named item from the entire chain on the chain end reward before and still been told NO. No way someone would rerun a whole chain for a random single chance at the particular item for which they are looking but it would be a very nice "Thank you, for spending your time to complete an entire series!" For sentient xp if nothing else. Getting crappy random loot on a chain reward is so contemptuously lame. My cynical side says they might do it only if they could add an astral shard reroll to the chain end reward.

Are you purchasing AS for Rerolls? There are plenty of ways in the game to generate AS and it does not take much effort.

No one is forced to use AS for Rerolling loot. That is a choice each player makes for themselves.

There is no need to rerun an entire chain to obtain the item or items you are looking for at all.

Option 1

One player does not advance to the quest you need to obtain the item from and you simply rerun it to ransack or item(s) drop. At that point you complete one more time for the player who did not advance quest chain. Repeat as needed for each quest in the chain.

Option 2

Create an opener account there have been three free quest codes handed out giving you free access to most adventure packs and cheap access to 3 or 4 expansion pack? See option 1 on farming methods

Option 3

Post an LFM for an opener and or chest pullers and you can still utilize option 1 in pursuit of said item(s)

A good system shortens the path to the goal and improves the chance to achieve the goal

I believe Lynn said they could not link completion difficultly to chain rewards for named items dropping on chain reward.

Simple solution remove all chain reward lists......................

TeamScorpioRI

If guarenteed loot is the concern, then what if the loot table was dynamic like a saga is? The higher the difficulty, the more likely it is that a piece of loot will appear in the end reward. Something like:

Reaper: 100% Chance 1 piece, 80% chance for 2nd piece
All Elite: 100% Chance 1 piece and 50% chance at a 2nd piece.
Hard: 50% chance at getting 1 piece, 10% chance at 2nd piece
Normal: 25% chance at getting 1 piece, 0% for 2nd
Casual: 0% chance for any.

The mechanism is there in the sagas, just apply the same math to the end rewards in the chain.

The Narc

Are you purchasing AS for Rerolls? There are plenty of ways in the game to generate AS and it does not take much effort.
please enlighten me!

I mean sure you can use the astral shard auction house but that still requires someone to spend on astral shards.

The Narc

If guarenteed loot is the concern, then what if the loot table was dynamic like a saga is? The higher the difficulty, the more likely it is that a piece of loot will appear in the end reward. Something like:

Reaper: 100% Chance 1 piece, 80% chance for 2nd piece
All Elite: 100% Chance 1 piece and 50% chance at a 2nd piece.
Hard: 50% chance at getting 1 piece, 10% chance at 2nd piece
Normal: 25% chance at getting 1 piece, 0% for 2nd
Casual: 0% chance for any.

The mechanism is there in the sagas, just apply the same math to the end rewards in the chain.
I dont waste my time on things were devs can control any influence on the rewards, i would just run without gear! Lol

The Narc

A great video, by a great guy. All you need to know.
Way to go, you actually made me click in a streamer which i strongly avoid dojng to make sure they dont get views!

I cleary stated besides the astral shard auction house, i dont support whaling, i have no need for anything located there nor do i support end game grinding for the last possible plus.

I love when voodoo says “they just need to drop some shards”, for thise people its not shards they are dropping its money they are dropping.

And the worst part is you dont know how many of the sellers are dupers!!

Onyxia2016

In the good old days completing a story arc yielded several named items from the expansion/adventure pack.
Just look at Phiarlan Carnival, Tangleroot Gorge or Sentinels of Stormreach to name a few.

Newer content you sink dozens of shards, every loot boost potion available and still pull an crappy RNG item with stats that dont even help you chosen class

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Yeah, rerolls. . .from $.30 to over $1.50 depending on quest level, and loot boost potions don't really boost loot, at least chances.
It use to be pretty standard to see named things after a chain in the reward selection, still is in eveningstar. (though the gear is out of date there)
I'm not sure if it still happens, but there use to be the rule of running it 20 times and getting near a full list of named to choose from.
Basically it's just farming now days, it works best when farming with friends, that way if someone gets a good roll you can all pass around and gear up together. I do that with my guildies.

TeamScorpioRI

I dont waste my time on things were devs can control any influence on the rewards, i would just run without gear! Lol

You realize that the devs exclusively control ALL influence on ALL rewards... from the drop rates of named items in quests to the rarity of augment slots appearing on "random" gear. Its all coded into the system by... DEVS! So by your logic, you are just going to run gearless because the devs control all influence on everything in this game.

The Narc

You realize that the devs exclusively control ALL influence on ALL rewards... from the drop rates of named items in quests to the rarity of augment slots appearing on "random" gear. Its all coded into the system by... DEVS! So by your logic, you are just going to run gearless because the devs control all influence on everything in this game.

You quoted my words “can control any influence”

And my response to you is, in the same snarky tone you tried to elevate yourself with;

You realize that the devs have NO control on the influence of EVERY time that the Voice of the Master drops on the Delera’s end reward list … it seems the devs have NO control on the rarity or randomness of this as per the code the Devs have made … so it seems i will pick my spots where i am guaranteed to get gear of value … the low hanging fruit (easy guaranteed first life gear) in this game is enough to easily run content up to R4 and beyond in some cases, so by YOUR logic i dont know why you suggest gearless as being not finding every piece and paying for shards for rerolls. The Devs dont control anything, we the players have full control of everything, why do you think they dont engage in conversation with us … PURE FEAR of our purchase power, we sign their pay cheques.

The Narc

A Dev coded the Voice of the Master drop rate dude.
Yep and unless they taketh away they have no control or influence on the drop rate, it is 100% all the time. No randomness, no rerolls for money, just a guarantee.

And to further your statement as to not open the doors for further snide comments, I am aware that the devs coded the entire game.

TeamScorpioRI

Yep and unless they taketh away they have no control or influence on the drop rate, it is 100% all the time. No randomness, no rerolls for money, just a guarantee.

And to further your statement as to not open the doors for further snide comments, I am aware that the devs coded the entire game.
I think I misunderstood your previous statement that I quoted, and I apologize for sounding snarky. I think you were saying that you would rather 100% drop rates on an end reward vs a chance.. as if it is coded to be a chance then we have no way of really knowing (short of the devs actually reveling the code) that the chance is correct. If that was what you were meaning, then I totally understand. I would love it quest chains got guaranteed end rewards. I was just trying to come up with an alternative to the "if its 100% drop then everyone can just run on casual and get the reward" problem that was presented.